You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Iles throws a social media strop!

Iles throws a social media strop!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Iles throws a social media strop! on Mon Jun 17 2019, 22:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems as though he's starting to get some stick on Twitter (I don't know about FaceBook I don't bother with that) in respect of building up expectations about the new owners being announced on Friday, then delayed to Monday and now delayed again.

Now that the Twitter lynch mob have no one to hate with Anderson (and Bassini) being off the scene some of them have noticed that not everything Marc tweets happens to be as gospel as they've believed.

I guess if you live by the sword (in this case twitter) you end up dying by it too!

Anyone else noticed that since the HMRC winder appeared Iles has basically stopped bothering much - he went on a stag party to Poland when we were in court potentially going to be wound up - similar off to Mexico again when the shit was close to hitting the fan - he didn't write a piece on Bassini when he claimed ownership - or even interviewed him whilst Bassini was whoring himself out to the media and in particularly Jim White of Sky during the whole of that time.

I thought that either he'd been warned about his previous behaviour (with Bonnar being sacked as far as I'm concerned for his) and someone being parachuted in as his boss over his head, or that his 'informers' disgruntled staff with axes to grind within the club were completely out of the loop and thus he had nothing to report apart from a few players leaving bad mouthing their time at the club - or both.

He clearly isn't in the know of what's been happening - do you think anyone would trust him with confidential information after how he's reported Ken's every far or belch over the last three years?  I wouldn't.

Maybe he'll start to behave professionally has he should have been doing and in the same way his colleagues Glendening, Pye, his new boss and his new editor have.

If it was me that had someone promoted above him, then that would be my signal to know I wasn't highly regarded by my current employer and look to move on to somewhere where I would.

I don't believe Iles will be moving anytime soon, he's been allowed to become far too comfortable over the years he's been here.

Also it's no coincidence that Eddie and Ken, who lets face it are as opposite in personalities and behaviour you could get - but both wouldn't give the muppet Iles the time of day.

I wonder why?

2Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 06:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:lazy:

3Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 07:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I see he's since deleted his tweet...

...or been told to!!!

4Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 08:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Any mention of twitter puts me to sleep. It amazes me that it's so popular.

I suppose I've become old and out of touch.

5Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Its hardly Iles's fault if the announcement is delayed though is it? Isn't it time the KA fan club was shut now Sluffy? You're the only person left who believes he's not a massive crook.

6Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Any mention of twitter puts me to sleep. It amazes me that it's so popular.

I suppose I've become old and out of touch.

It's worse than that, a vast majority of people now tend to follow twitter blindly and without thought.

Putting to one side how vile and abusive people behave on it - ask your mate Bread about that, he's been serially banned and suspended from Twitter yet wears this as a badge of pride rather than shame - he stills tweets abuse to me/in respect of me - even though he's probably in his fifties by now - people tend to follow twitter 'influencers' and all they say as gospel.

No thought as to how accurate or researched what they are being told - just universal believe in what someone says irrespective if what they say is biased or influenced in some way or other.

A dangerous weapon to hold by some people.

The more technology there is the more dumbed down the newest generation seems to become - almost they are led and spoon fed what to think and believe.

Nothing you or I can do about it but I do wonder if Iles (and Bonnar) have been pulled up about how unprofessional their behaviour on social media has been considering the jobs they do and Bonnar being 'pushed' and Iles now toeing the line.

I think he didn't find it much to his liking yesterday when some of his twitter groupies turned fickle on him and got on his case instead of him leading them against Anderson all the time.

I suspect we will soon be returning to a period of relative non communication/gossiping as per Eddies day where Iles won't have a bogey man to attack and have to stick with team news because the new owners won't be doing Chairmen Notes every five minute nor the staff have any reason to leak to Iles over how badly they feel done by.

I doubt the new owners will have much time for Iles or the ST either.

Fwiw I hope they don't take Wheater back on a new contract either because I believe he's added to the issues in the last couple of years rather than concentrate on playing football.

7Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Its hardly Iles's fault if the announcement is delayed though is it? Isn't it time the KA fan club was shut now Sluffy? You're the only person left who believes he's not a massive crook.

Everybody but one person thought the world was flat and that the Sun went round the Earth.

What was your point again?

Oh and I must have missed the bit about Anderson being arrested following the Administrator and his TEN accountants doing a comprehensive forensic audit of the books for the last three weeks or so.

I'm not the one giving it out to Iles on twitter, that's his own fan club some of which have turned on him and bit him in the bum.

I'm the one who is saying he should have acted professionally in the first place and this would never have happened.

8Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:23

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Its hardly Iles's fault if the announcement is delayed though is it? Isn't it time the KA fan club was shut now Sluffy? You're the only person left who believes he's not a massive crook.

Everybody but one person thought the world was flat and that the Sun went round the Earth.
Who was this person?

9Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I remember a member of The Flat Earth Society saying that its numbers were growing, and that they had members all around the globe. Razz

10Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Who was this person?

A Greek called Eratosthenes for the first and a Pole called Nicolaus Copernicus for the second.

11Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 10:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Welcome to Sluffy world folks, where the only person allowed to be right is the man himself  Rolling Eyes

12Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 10:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Welcome to Sluffy world folks, where the only person allowed to be right is the man himself  Rolling Eyes
:clap:

13Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 10:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Welcome to Sluffy world folks, where the only person allowed to be right is the man himself  Rolling Eyes

Never claimed that.

Just don't follow the crowd like a sheep.

God put a brain in my head and I sometimes prefer to use it than simply believe what someone random down the pub/on social media, says.

Sorry if that makes me somehow different.

14Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 11:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy, Breadman sends his love from Spain, and says he's taking your advice. He's chilling out on his roof in a sun lounger, sipping a cold beer. 
Must be quite a sight. Has he really been off Nuts for two years? Crikey.

15Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 11:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never claimed that.

Just don't follow the crowd like a sheep.

God put a brain in my head and I sometimes prefer to use it than simply believe what someone random down the pub/on social media, says.

Sorry if that makes me somehow different.

You are different Sluffy, on that we can agree Very Happy

16Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:15

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

ask your mate Bread about that,  - he stills tweets abuse to me/in respect of me - even though he's probably in his fifties by now 

You are older than Bread and have just spent last night and this morning abusing Marc Iles.

It's dead simple really, if you don't like the journalists don't read or buy the paper.Life's too short to get yourself upset reading articles by journalists that wind you up.

17Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 14:20

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Why doesn't someone just throw in a random topic and see how long it is before someone starts a fight about it hehe class !!

18Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Tue Jun 18 2019, 16:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

ask your mate Bread about that,  - he stills tweets abuse to me/in respect of me - even though he's probably in his fifties by now 

You are older than Bread and have just spent last night and this morning abusing Marc Iles.

It's dead simple really, if you don't like the journalists don't read or buy the paper.Life's too short to get yourself upset reading articles by journalists that wind you up.

Abusing Marc Iles???

Please point me to where I've abused him?

And whilst we are on it which articles of his have wound me up?

My issue has been about his unprofessional behaviour on twitter and his LACK of filing negative articles on those he clearly supports namely Holdsworth and the ST!

You've either missed the point I've clearly been making over the last few years or you're just trying to troll.

Obvious which it is.

19Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 10:56

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Sorry but i agree with sluffy about iles.

He has been easily led by those with a false agenda for years, the ST, bassini and in the beginning, anderson and holdsworth.

IF he sides with the ST over FV due to FV also seeing through the ST's agenda in the future, the sheep will just follow what he is saying blindly and put us back to square one. 

His exclusives are always out of date or regurgitated club statements with his added bit of fluff to pad it out into about 3 or 4 stories. 

I don't agree he should get abuse, but i also see that while he continues to pick sides and rub people the wrong way there is very little he can offer in the way of independent journalistic impression and integrity.

20Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 14:10

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Beyond being able to write, I'd have thought that having a strong working relationship with Bolton Wanderers FC would be the bare minimum requirement to hold the position of Chief Football Writer at the The Bolton News newspaper and website.

Regardless of who owns the club, and whether Iles likes them or not, his responsibility to his employer and readership is to deliver all Wanderers related news FIRST and not let his personal agenda get in the way. He's failed at this.

If he doesn't build a solid relationship with the new owners, and quickly, its time he was on his way.

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Wed Jun 19 2019, 15:39; edited 1 time in total

21Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 14:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I agree up to a point but doesn't he also have a responsibility to question why the club has gotten into such a state. If he's best mates with the hierarchy at the club that's not going to happen is it? 
That does have to be done in a professional manner which in the paper i think he has done that, on twitter and other social media then yes maybe he has let his personal feelings come to the fore too often.

22Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 15:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I agree up to a point but doesn't he also have a responsibility to question why the club has gotten into such a state. If he's best mates with the hierarchy at the club that's not going to happen is it? 
That does have to be done in a professional manner which in the paper i think he has done that, on twitter and other social media then yes maybe he has let his personal feelings come to the fore too often.

Agree that there are times when he has every right to ask some serious questions. Surely though, he should approach them in a way that doesn't drive a massive wedge between the BN and BWFC.

23Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 15:59

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I agree up to a point but doesn't he also have a responsibility to question why the club has gotten into such a state. If he's best mates with the hierarchy at the club that's not going to happen is it? 

Agree that there are times when he has every right to ask some serious questions. Surely though, he should approach them in a way that doesn't drive a massive wedge between the BN and BWFC.
Exactly this, and he needs to stop getting distracted by negative forces constantly trying to create dramas which ultimately have a massive impact on the fans, players and club as a whole

24Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 16:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wow, at last people are beginning to see/acknowledge what I've been saying for the last couple of years in that Iles has clearly been biased against Anderson and pro his mates Dean Holdsworth and the wannabe ST Board seeking to own the club at all costs contributing enormously to stirring up all the shit and toxicity that has surrounded our club for the last couple of seasons.

Norpig I refer you to Aesop's Fable of the North Wind v The Sun about why it is better to be friendly and respectful to the club owner/s rather than start a war with them - irrespective if you like them personally or not.

"The story concerns a competition between the North Wind and the Sun to decide which is the stronger of the two. The challenge was to make a passing traveller remove his cloak. However hard the North Wind blew, the traveller only wrapped his cloak tighter to keep warm, but when the Sun shone, the traveller was overcome with heat and soon took his cloak off".

The moral of the tale being about the superiority of persuasion over force.

Perhaps if Anderson wasn't attacked by all sides, particularly with Iles so blatantly leading Twitter/social media against him and clearly pushing Holdsworth and the ST's agenda in print, then maybe things wouldn't necessarily turn out the way things did, in that Anderson would not have felt as though he was a trapped rat all the time having to clear his name in his notes, and maybe Iles would have been given access and knowledge of what the club/Anderson was facing and how things were having to be done to deal with them.

Maybe it wouldn't have, I don't know - but at least he would have had a door open where it could still have been, rather Iles slamming it shut on Anderson from day one, burning the bridge to him and then wondering why (after publicly ripping the piss out of him with his picture of Scrooge aimed directly at Ken) having his press privileges banned by him at the club.

Totally unprofessional by him and if I had done something similar (public ridiculing of the owner of your key (and only) client being your job was to report on football in Bolton) I would have been sacked on the spot for gross misconduct and bringing my employer into disrepute - and rightly so.

For what it is worth I fully believe that Bonnar got the chop for that (being his boss and not reigning him in) and his own drunken tweets and that Iles blew what ever chance he had for promotion into Bonnars senior job.

I note that since I started this thread Iles has not made a single personal tweet other than to push his articles in the paper.

It's clear to me that he's had his knuckles rapped - miles too late but better than never I suppose.

25Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 16:30

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Look, while I personally don't rate Iles the fact is he's not a big deal on the media stage or anywhere else for that matter. The truth is he works for a small town paper reporting on the events of a small town football club. He's tried to make himself and his stories more important/sensational than they really are and like a lot of journalists tried to paint himself as 'the man in the know' when in fact he's actually got little more if any idea of what's really going on than the fans.

He probably felt that the ST would get him an 'inside track' into the club and let's face it when it was first mooted many of us felt it would be a good thing. It was only when it became clear the people running it were self-publicising fantasists that we realised they were (largely) a waste of space. But by then Iles had upset not one but two club hierarchies and he'd already nailed his colours to the mast so he had no choice but to carry on down the road he'd started on.

The Bolton News itself should have stepped in long ago to try and curb Iles at least a bit but like all the smaller media outlets they need revenue and since Iles got a lot of 'clicks' compared to the rest of the BN they let him run with it. Frankly his conduct has been at times unprofessional and he's made himself look downright stupid but I don't think he's some evil spin-doctor with an agenda, just a guy who backed the wrong horse and wound up looking like a pratt as a result.

26Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 16:37

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
The problem is lpp, the blind sheep fuckwits follow his every word as gospel and act accordingly. From tantrums to trolling.

27Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 16:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The problem is lpp, the blind sheep fuckwits follow his every word as gospel and act accordingly. From tantrums to trolling.
I agree but is that really his fault? Let's face it, Paris Hilton has over 6 million followers on Twitter and most of them seem to believe she's a divine oracle of truth and knowledge.

In truth the internet age, particularly the era of social media has proven what we already knew. There's no shortage of stupid in the world. Don't forget, enough people actually voted to make Donald Trump the President of the USA and many of them still believe in him.

In truth I think Iles has made some bad calls but to blame him for the fact his followers are either too ignorant or lazy to do even the most basic fact checking on their own isn't his fault. It's theirs.

28Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 16:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
It's a matter of context Peter.

Iles isn't a big fish nationally (or even regionally) but if you depend (and believe) the news about your club from the local journalist then clearly he holds quite amount of sway on what you hear and believe.

He's not been fair, open and without bias on what he says - particularly on twitter/social media - but also in his reporting in the press (I keep throwing out the challenge for anyone to link me/us to a negative article on Holdsworth or the ST - he's never written one despite all the questions that surrounds the BM loan and how the money was secured on the club but the loan taken out by SSBWFC - nor why the loan was for £5m but the club accounts clearly showed they only received £4m! - and as for the ST, Christ he has his choice of about a million negative things the ST have done (not held its AGM one year, which is about the only thing it really is required to do!!!)).

So if he is the only place you get your BWFC news from and he's telling you on twitter that Ken's a cunt and the ST are the best thing since slice bread, what are you going to believe?

Iles is a big fish in a tiny pond.

And so it's only right that he reports fairly and without an agenda.

I really do think Iles has made the situation more toxic than it ever needed to have got - he took sides to get the club owner out - Iles became the story himself at times.

I also really do think Bonnar was potted for his 'worse possible result for Anderson tweet' and his frequent clear drunkenness on line - and that Iles has been read the riot act also.

It just goes to show how 'influencers' like Iles can manipulate people's opinions if they are simply formed from social media and accept what they are reading as gospel.

29Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy thanks for the sermon, i did skip most of it but i get the gist. I do have a brain and am not a sheep it's just  me and my humble opinions nothing more nothing less. I'm not even on twitter so have no idea what he's said on there in the past.

30Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! on Wed Jun 19 2019, 17:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You don't get this drama with the Chorley Guardian.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum