Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iles throws a social media strop!

+9
finlaymcdanger
y2johnny
bryan458
Growler
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Iles throws a social media strop! Mon Jun 17 2019, 22:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems as though he's starting to get some stick on Twitter (I don't know about FaceBook I don't bother with that) in respect of building up expectations about the new owners being announced on Friday, then delayed to Monday and now delayed again.

Now that the Twitter lynch mob have no one to hate with Anderson (and Bassini) being off the scene some of them have noticed that not everything Marc tweets happens to be as gospel as they've believed.

I guess if you live by the sword (in this case twitter) you end up dying by it too!

Anyone else noticed that since the HMRC winder appeared Iles has basically stopped bothering much - he went on a stag party to Poland when we were in court potentially going to be wound up - similar off to Mexico again when the shit was close to hitting the fan - he didn't write a piece on Bassini when he claimed ownership - or even interviewed him whilst Bassini was whoring himself out to the media and in particularly Jim White of Sky during the whole of that time.

I thought that either he'd been warned about his previous behaviour (with Bonnar being sacked as far as I'm concerned for his) and someone being parachuted in as his boss over his head, or that his 'informers' disgruntled staff with axes to grind within the club were completely out of the loop and thus he had nothing to report apart from a few players leaving bad mouthing their time at the club - or both.

He clearly isn't in the know of what's been happening - do you think anyone would trust him with confidential information after how he's reported Ken's every far or belch over the last three years?  I wouldn't.

Maybe he'll start to behave professionally has he should have been doing and in the same way his colleagues Glendening, Pye, his new boss and his new editor have.

If it was me that had someone promoted above him, then that would be my signal to know I wasn't highly regarded by my current employer and look to move on to somewhere where I would.

I don't believe Iles will be moving anytime soon, he's been allowed to become far too comfortable over the years he's been here.

Also it's no coincidence that Eddie and Ken, who lets face it are as opposite in personalities and behaviour you could get - but both wouldn't give the muppet Iles the time of day.

I wonder why?

2Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 06:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:lazy:

3Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 07:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I see he's since deleted his tweet...

...or been told to!!!

4Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 08:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any mention of twitter puts me to sleep. It amazes me that it's so popular.

I suppose I've become old and out of touch.

5Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its hardly Iles's fault if the announcement is delayed though is it? Isn't it time the KA fan club was shut now Sluffy? You're the only person left who believes he's not a massive crook.

6Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Any mention of twitter puts me to sleep. It amazes me that it's so popular.

I suppose I've become old and out of touch.

It's worse than that, a vast majority of people now tend to follow twitter blindly and without thought.

Putting to one side how vile and abusive people behave on it - ask your mate Bread about that, he's been serially banned and suspended from Twitter yet wears this as a badge of pride rather than shame - he stills tweets abuse to me/in respect of me - even though he's probably in his fifties by now - people tend to follow twitter 'influencers' and all they say as gospel.

No thought as to how accurate or researched what they are being told - just universal believe in what someone says irrespective if what they say is biased or influenced in some way or other.

A dangerous weapon to hold by some people.

The more technology there is the more dumbed down the newest generation seems to become - almost they are led and spoon fed what to think and believe.

Nothing you or I can do about it but I do wonder if Iles (and Bonnar) have been pulled up about how unprofessional their behaviour on social media has been considering the jobs they do and Bonnar being 'pushed' and Iles now toeing the line.

I think he didn't find it much to his liking yesterday when some of his twitter groupies turned fickle on him and got on his case instead of him leading them against Anderson all the time.

I suspect we will soon be returning to a period of relative non communication/gossiping as per Eddies day where Iles won't have a bogey man to attack and have to stick with team news because the new owners won't be doing Chairmen Notes every five minute nor the staff have any reason to leak to Iles over how badly they feel done by.

I doubt the new owners will have much time for Iles or the ST either.

Fwiw I hope they don't take Wheater back on a new contract either because I believe he's added to the issues in the last couple of years rather than concentrate on playing football.

7Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Its hardly Iles's fault if the announcement is delayed though is it? Isn't it time the KA fan club was shut now Sluffy? You're the only person left who believes he's not a massive crook.

Everybody but one person thought the world was flat and that the Sun went round the Earth.

What was your point again?

Oh and I must have missed the bit about Anderson being arrested following the Administrator and his TEN accountants doing a comprehensive forensic audit of the books for the last three weeks or so.

I'm not the one giving it out to Iles on twitter, that's his own fan club some of which have turned on him and bit him in the bum.

I'm the one who is saying he should have acted professionally in the first place and this would never have happened.

8Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:23

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:Its hardly Iles's fault if the announcement is delayed though is it? Isn't it time the KA fan club was shut now Sluffy? You're the only person left who believes he's not a massive crook.

Everybody but one person thought the world was flat and that the Sun went round the Earth.
Who was this person?

9Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember a member of The Flat Earth Society saying that its numbers were growing, and that they had members all around the globe. Razz

10Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 09:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

DEANO82 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Who was this person?

A Greek called Eratosthenes for the first and a Pole called Nicolaus Copernicus for the second.

11Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 10:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome to Sluffy world folks, where the only person allowed to be right is the man himself  Rolling Eyes

12Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 10:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Welcome to Sluffy world folks, where the only person allowed to be right is the man himself  Rolling Eyes
:clap:

13Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 10:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Welcome to Sluffy world folks, where the only person allowed to be right is the man himself  Rolling Eyes

Never claimed that.

Just don't follow the crowd like a sheep.

God put a brain in my head and I sometimes prefer to use it than simply believe what someone random down the pub/on social media, says.

Sorry if that makes me somehow different.

14Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 11:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, Breadman sends his love from Spain, and says he's taking your advice. He's chilling out on his roof in a sun lounger, sipping a cold beer. 
Must be quite a sight. Has he really been off Nuts for two years? Crikey.

15Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 11:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Never claimed that.

Just don't follow the crowd like a sheep.

God put a brain in my head and I sometimes prefer to use it than simply believe what someone random down the pub/on social media, says.

Sorry if that makes me somehow different.

You are different Sluffy, on that we can agree Very Happy

16Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:15

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:

ask your mate Bread about that,  - he stills tweets abuse to me/in respect of me - even though he's probably in his fifties by now 

You are older than Bread and have just spent last night and this morning abusing Marc Iles.

It's dead simple really, if you don't like the journalists don't read or buy the paper.Life's too short to get yourself upset reading articles by journalists that wind you up.

17Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 14:20

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why doesn't someone just throw in a random topic and see how long it is before someone starts a fight about it hehe class !!

18Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Tue Jun 18 2019, 16:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

ask your mate Bread about that,  - he stills tweets abuse to me/in respect of me - even though he's probably in his fifties by now 

You are older than Bread and have just spent last night and this morning abusing Marc Iles.

It's dead simple really, if you don't like the journalists don't read or buy the paper.Life's too short to get yourself upset reading articles by journalists that wind you up.

Abusing Marc Iles???

Please point me to where I've abused him?

And whilst we are on it which articles of his have wound me up?

My issue has been about his unprofessional behaviour on twitter and his LACK of filing negative articles on those he clearly supports namely Holdsworth and the ST!

You've either missed the point I've clearly been making over the last few years or you're just trying to troll.

Obvious which it is.

19Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 10:56

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sorry but i agree with sluffy about iles.

He has been easily led by those with a false agenda for years, the ST, bassini and in the beginning, anderson and holdsworth.

IF he sides with the ST over FV due to FV also seeing through the ST's agenda in the future, the sheep will just follow what he is saying blindly and put us back to square one. 

His exclusives are always out of date or regurgitated club statements with his added bit of fluff to pad it out into about 3 or 4 stories. 

I don't agree he should get abuse, but i also see that while he continues to pick sides and rub people the wrong way there is very little he can offer in the way of independent journalistic impression and integrity.

20Iles throws a social media strop! Empty Re: Iles throws a social media strop! Wed Jun 19 2019, 14:10

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Beyond being able to write, I'd have thought that having a strong working relationship with Bolton Wanderers FC would be the bare minimum requirement to hold the position of Chief Football Writer at the The Bolton News newspaper and website.

Regardless of who owns the club, and whether Iles likes them or not, his responsibility to his employer and readership is to deliver all Wanderers related news FIRST and not let his personal agenda get in the way. He's failed at this.

If he doesn't build a solid relationship with the new owners, and quickly, its time he was on his way.

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Wed Jun 19 2019, 15:39; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum