Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Honours List Bollocks

+6
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
largehat
Numpty 28723
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Honours List Bollocks Empty Honours List Bollocks Fri Sep 07 2012, 10:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Britain's Olympians and Paralympians are to get their own honours list, rather than simply being included in the New Year's Honours.

This is just the biggest load of bollocks ever, it makes me ashamed to be British. Even the fucking Honours List has fallen into the celebrity cluture trap.

The gold medal winners have achieved something great (well most of them, I'm not convinced about some of the Paralympians) but why the fuck are they being honoured? They didn't do anything for society or their country, they did it for themselves.

Are we now saying some bint who can throw a javelin and run a bit is more deserving of recognition than a soldier fighting for his/her country or some doctor working in Ethiopia, Sudan or some other awful country?

Utterly disgraceful.

2Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Fri Sep 07 2012, 11:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The Honours List is complete bollocks already. It is dominated by rich bastards who give money to political parties, media jokes and career civil servants. Giving a minor honour to the occasional dinner lady or social worker hardly makes it credible. All the big awards go to the first three groups.

3Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Fri Sep 07 2012, 11:37

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Until they create an honours list for stupidity and idleness, I feel the Numpty trophy cabinet is destined to remain empty. Crying or Very sad

4Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Fri Sep 07 2012, 12:51

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I saw a BBC news story the other day that said the honours system is being reviewed and that they are looking at giving fewer honours to celebrities or as a reward "just for doing the day job" for punlic servants.

They were looking at this year's Olympians as an example, and saying that a gold medal or two shouldn't automatically equate to an honour.

So if anything, unless that's changed in the space of a few days, the list Natasha is complaining about will probably be resulting in fewer honours for Olympians than would otherwise have happened.

5Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Fri Sep 07 2012, 13:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Firstly celebs getting honours is a joke.

Secondly I can understand olympians like ussain bolt who has won a lot of gold medals getting them but creating a new list for team GBs gold medal winners is a joke too.

Lastly and slightly off topic I still don't think muamba should have been given that doctory thing earlier in the year.

Rant over. Very Happy

6Honours List Bollocks Empty Sir Bradley Wiggins and others. Sat Dec 29 2012, 00:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cyclist Bradley Wiggins has been knighted in the New Year Honours list after winning the Tour de France and then gold at the 2012 London Olympics.

The first Briton ever to win the Tour, 32-year-old Wiggins is joined in being knighted by GB cycling's performance director Dave Brailsford.

Four-time Olympic sailing champion Ben Ainslie is also knighted, along with GB rowing chief Dave Tanner.

Paralympian Sarah Storey is made a dame for her services to para-cycling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20852564

Non sports people here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20858353

7Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 00:18

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

cherie fuckin blair

fuk off

8Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 12:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The list of New Years Honours released today is an absolute disgrace, it brings shame on this once great nation.

I can't even be arsed stating the obvious, but let's just say they won't be talking about Sir Bradley Wiggins in 400 years like Sir Walter Raleigh.

9Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 12:53

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sir Bradley Wiggins has done amazing things for cycling. I didn't even know people considered it a sport until he came a long.

If Alex "I scare the FA" Ferguson can get a knighthood, anyone deserves one.

10Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:Sir Bradley Wiggins has done amazing things for cycling. I didn't even know people considered it a sport until he came a long.

Shut up you bellend, these honours weren't started hundreds of years ago with the aim of making cycling a major sport in the UK.

Wiggins has done fuck all for society, just like the other celeb "winners".

11Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 13:18

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dame Margaret Beckett

Dame Cherie Blair

Sir Hector Sants

fuck right off

12Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 17:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cherie Blair... bloody hell.

13Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 18:22

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:Cherie Blair... bloody hell.

That's nothing - Sants presided over the FSA, which did precisely nothing to stop the banks fucking up and ripping us off and laundering money for crooks, and so he gets rewarded. Evil or Very Mad

14Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 18:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sir bradley wiggins, give me a fucking break, no doubt what he has done for cycling and during the olympics was good but to be knighted for riding a bike, seriously?

15Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 18:40

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:Sir Bradley Wiggins has done amazing things for cycling. I didn't even know people considered it a sport until he came a long.

Shut up you bellend

Quality banter! Rolling Eyes

16Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sat Dec 29 2012, 22:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was pleased to see Ben Ainslie get a knighthood as well. His Olympic achievements in sailing have put the sport on the map in the UK.

17Honours List Bollocks Empty Re: Honours List Bollocks Sun Dec 30 2012, 01:30

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:The list of New Years Honours released today is an absolute disgrace, it brings shame on this once great nation.

I can't even be arsed stating the obvious, but let's just say they won't be talking about Sir Bradley Wiggins in 400 years like Sir Walter Raleigh.

errrrm Raleigh bikes (which is now owned by a Dutch company)

Wiggo the first every British cyclist to win the TdF, without even cheating on steroids. Of course he will be remembered for eternity!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum