Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-0 Blackpool

+3
Banks of the Croal
gloswhite
Norpig
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Fri 4 Oct - 8:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First game when season tickets will be in use, will it affect the atmosphere as the upper tiers will reopen?

I have to say i thought closing the upper tiers was a good idea but i know the likes of Boncey who sits in the upper tier wouldn't agree.

As for the game. i'm going to stick my neck out and say we will win this, the way we have been playing lately means a win is just around the corner and this is the one  Very Happy

1-0 to the Super Whites.

2Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Fri 4 Oct - 9:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I was also thinking a close win, but I'll go for a 2-1 with Verlinden putting the first one away

3Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Fri 4 Oct - 20:40

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Time for a win  2-0 Bolton.

4Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 10:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't know why I put Verlinden on here, I put Politic on my prediction. I think I'm starting to lose it  Shocked

5Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 10:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets hope they both score  Very Happy

6Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 10:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Yeah, but Politic first. I need the points

7Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 17:00

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I also think we are close to a win so 2-1 Crawford will do for me.

8Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 17:39

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can win. 3-1

9Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 18:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

10Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 19:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 19:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

12Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 22:28

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Losing Bridcutt was a blow but another enjoyable game.

13Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 22:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes it was a good game, highest attendance so far this season (14,003). Just need to start banging them in

14Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Mon 7 Oct - 22:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should be awarded the win - Seems they drafted it Liam Trotter for this game! Wasnt even names on the sheet the cheating B@st**ds! Either that, or they have poor reporters as Sky Sports

Bolton 0-0 Blackpool: Liam Trotter hits bar in game of few chances

Bolton picked up their fourth point from five games with a 0-0 draw against promotion-chasing Blackpool.

The Trotters, coming into the game some 13 points adrift at the bottom of the league given their 12 point deduction, matched their promotion-chasing hosts after growing into a game of few chances, but failed to test opposition goalkeeper Jak Alnwick enough to really threaten a winner.

The closest either side came was at the other end, when Callum Guy's dragged shot almost turned into the perfect assist when it picked out Liam Trotter at the back post, and he hit the bar with Remi Matthews well beaten.

Bolton's fans thought they had taken the lead just after half-time when Oliver Turton's header from a corner almost nestled in the corner of his own net, but instead flashed a whisker wide of the post.

In the end, the game fizzled out into a draw neither side particularly wanted - but one that left Bolton boss Keith Hill beaming come the full-time whistle, having kept up with a side with much higher ambitions for their League One campaign.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Tue 8 Oct - 8:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't get to the game because of the train incident so had to go home and watch on the telly. 

Thought we played well again although the passing wasn't as accurate as the last few games. We dominated the game for large parts of it but the lack of cutting edge showed again. A win  must be around the corner if we keep playing like that. 

Dodoo did ok when he came on but we need to hope and pray Bridcutt is not out for any length of time.

Onwards and upwards  Very Happy

16Bolton 0-0 Blackpool  Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Blackpool Tue 8 Oct - 9:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-0 Blackpool

A determined performance from Wanderers secured important point in a hard-fought match against local rivals Blackpool at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Wanderers’ showed yet another solid defensive display as they claimed their second clean sheet in five games under boss Keith Hill.

The manager made just one change to his side that narrowly lost to Portsmouth, Denis Politic coming in for the injured Will Buckley.

Wanderers started brightly when Dennis Politic managed to work some space down the right, but his out-swinging cross was headed clear.

Blackpool then had a free kick in a dangerous area following a mistimed tackled from Liam Bridcutt, but the resulting cross led to a foul on ‘keeper Remi Matthews.

Thibaud Verlinden worked himself into enough space for a cross following a nice bit of skill but the eventual ball was slightly too high for Ali Crawford.

Wanderers continued to cause the visitors problems, Crawford finding the head of Jack Hobbs who could only direct his header straight into the gloves of Jak Alnwick, brother of Ben Alnwick.

Callum Guy’s cross found Feeney at back post after the ball evaded every Bolton defender but his resulting effort from close range thundered off the crossbar and out of danger.

Callum Guy’s deflected pass found Armand Gnanduillet in space in the centre of the box, but Hobbs did brilliantly to prevent the attacker from getting a shot off.

Then a fantastic tackle from Lowe allowed him to find Verlinden who slotted in Politic, however his shot was saved well by Alnwick.

Whites were then forced into an early substitution, with Sonny Graham coming on to replace the injured Bridcutt.

Moments later, we were treated to more great skill from Verlinden who managed to engineer enough space for the cross however the eventual ball evaded the head of Politic.

Crawford nearly replicated his stunning free-kick against Rochdale with a delightful effort which forced Alnwick into a diving save.

Wanderers started on the front in the second half, Daryl Murphy doing brilliantly to keep possession near the corner flag before finding Politic whose ambitious effort was deflected behind for a corner.

Joe Dodoo nearly scored with his first-ever touch for the Whites, but his header was deflected behind for yet another Bolton corner.

Once again Verlinden worked his magic to get a cross off but Dodoo struggled to make proper contact with his header.

Graham did excellently to beat his man down the right wing, but the younger’s cross fell straight to the Blackpool defender

Dodoo forced a great save from short range which was parried to a Whites attacker who picked out the striker again, however his second attempt flashed agonisingly wide of the far post.

Former Wanderers’ midfielder Jay Spearing powered a long-range effort following a defensive clearance, but his shot went wide of the target.

Verlinden expertly found Daryl Murphy whose effort forced a brilliant block from Curtis Tilt who could only redirect his strike for a corner.

Wanderers endured a lot of late pressure from the Seasiders, conceding four consecutive corners, however, they managed to hold on for a well-deserved point.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum