Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Handy Tips for Car Owners

+2
karlypants
Angry Dad
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Handy Tips for Car Owners Wed Oct 23 2019, 18:20

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Exit your vehicle via the passenger side thus saving wear on your drivers door.

2Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Re: Handy Tips for Car Owners Wed Oct 23 2019, 18:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don’t polish your gear knob too much as it can lead to tennis elbow!

3Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Re: Handy Tips for Car Owners Wed Oct 23 2019, 19:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As ever, it's always best to check with the number 1 website.

https://slippersowner.com/can-i-drive-with-slippers/

4Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Re: Handy Tips for Car Owners Thu Oct 24 2019, 08:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Dont have your DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) taken off your Jag when you have it chipped, as it is now illegal with the changes to the MOT, and it will cost £3250 to have it remedied.

5Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Re: Handy Tips for Car Owners Thu Oct 24 2019, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Re: Handy Tips for Car Owners Thu Oct 24 2019, 16:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Impressed, maybe I should send the old bat from next door over there. She could do with the practice  Very Happy

7Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Re: Handy Tips for Car Owners Mon Oct 28 2019, 10:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My tip would be to never buy a new car from a dealer. Just read an article that suggested that around 50 models depreciate by up to 40% after just one year.
10 years ago I bought an 11 month old 1.6 Kia C'eed to use as a run around/workhorse and it's been amazing. I got it for nearly 6 grand off the new price, have used it for building materials including half a ton of bricks on one occasion (the back is huge when you drop the seats) regular tip runs when hedge cutting  - two 1.5 ton builder's bags at a time - flogging up and down the motorway when I have to and it's better than the old Volvo estate I had years ago for this kind of work. With all the gardening maintenance work I have to do it's infested with wildlife - the missus hates the spiders in particular - but what a versatile vehicle and so far, no maintenance costs to speak of. Definitely one I'll be running into the ground which will hopefully be when I'm too old and knackered to do physical work any more.

8Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Re: Handy Tips for Car Owners Fri Nov 01 2019, 10:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've got an old Mazda 626 hatchback. Its an 02 plate, and its going strong. At least it was until the last MOT when it cost me £600 to get it through, mainly rust. Problem is, do I pay a similar amount this coming test, for the rest of the rust, or do I ditch it and pay for a newer car ? 
Its brilliant in the snow and ice, with the front wheel drive, where my Jag can slide on a bloody snowflake at times, with its rwd.
Like yours wander, great for the tip, and carting just about everything about. Third Mazda I've had, and all very reliable.

9Handy Tips for Car Owners Empty Re: Handy Tips for Car Owners Fri Nov 01 2019, 13:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I've got an old Mazda 626 hatchback. Its an 02 plate, and its going strong. At least it was until the last MOT when it cost me £600 to get it through, mainly rust. Problem is, do I pay a similar amount this coming test, for the rest of the rust, or do I ditch it and pay for a newer car ?
If you bank on £600 a year maintenance costs/welding that's hardly extortionate so it comes down to how much you like it, because buying a newer car would be more expensive and potentially a risk, whereas you know where you stand with your Mazda. I'd hang on to it but keep an eye open for a newer model that isn't too steep yet has the potential to get another 20 years out of it - that should see you right until you (have to) stop driving Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum