Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 50]

501Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 17 2020, 14:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We are short on wingers, so makes sense.

502Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 18 2020, 02:23

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:We are short on wingers, so makes sense.
...plus we really need additional avenues to get the ball to the strikers so they can do what they do.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

503Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 18 2020, 12:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Missed out on David Ball from New Zealand so I guess it's plan B for a striker?

504Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 24 2020, 17:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Gareth Evans set to complete move away from Portsmouth with Bolton interested

The News understands the attacking-midfielder is edging closer to the Fratton Park exit, bringing his five-year stay on the south coast to an end.
League Two Bolton are believed to be front-runners for his signature, although there is interest from other clubs up north.
Evans didn’t train with his Blues team-mates today ahead of the weekend visit of Wigan.
It is believed he was putting the finishing touches to his move away, with the 32 year-old keen to move closer to his family in Greater Manchester.
Evans, from Macclesfield, started Pompey’s first three games of the season, operating in the number 10 role behind lone front man John Marquis.
However, he has all of a sudden found himself back down the pecking order following the arrival of former Wigan ace Michael Jacobs last week.
The 32-year-old was an unused substitute in the 4-0 Carabao Cup defeat at the hands of Brighton.
Meanwhile, he failed to travel with the rest of the Blues squad for their goalless draw at Rochdale on Sunday.
A popular figure among the Fratton faithful following his free transfer move from Fleetwood in 2015, Evans was a key member of the Pompey side that won the League Two title in 2017.
However, he has regularly found himself in and out of the Pompey starting XI under manager Kenny Jackett.
Last season he made 28 outings but only 10 of those came as League One starts.
In total, Evans has made 218 Blues appearances, scoring 37 goals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

505Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 01 2020, 16:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just for information and I didn't know where else to post it for those wanting to follow the game/chat box etc -

506Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 01 2020, 17:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Zouma signed for Barrow.

507Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 01 2020, 17:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

More chance of European football.

508Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 01 2020, 21:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anya? Gareth Evans?

509Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 01 2020, 22:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Evans signed for Bradford City, no further word on Anya.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

510Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 01 2020, 23:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Evans signed for Bradford City, no further word on Anya.
Ta K!

511Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Oct 02 2020, 08:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see us signing any more players before the window closes. I did have high hopes when the players started to roll in but looking back most like Santos were non league players and they look like it.

512Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Oct 02 2020, 09:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think we’re trying to get loans in

513Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 15 2020, 17:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Peter Kioso - Lad from Luton.

Wanderers have completed the signing of right-sided defender Peter Kioso on loan from Sky Bet Championship side Luton Town until the end of the season.

The 21 year-old has featured twice this season for the Hatters, playing in their Carabao Cup ties against Reading and Manchester United, whilst also collecting the Man of the Match award against the latter.

Originally in the youth setup at MK Dons, the Republic of Ireland-born defender began his professional career with Hartlepool United and impressed with the National League outfit during 18 months at Victoria Park before completing a move to the second tier with Luton in January 2020.

Upon Kioso’s arrival at the University of Bolton Stadium, Head Coach Ian Evatt said: “I am delighted to confirm we have signed Peter Kioso from Luton who is a player I have admired for a long time and have chased since the start of pre-season.

“Peter can play a variety of positions, has great pace and power and adds quality to our squad.”

After completing his loan switch, Kioso said: “I’m delighted to sign for the club and I can’t wait to get going and show everyone what I can do.’’

A full interview with Peter will be available on our channels soon.

514Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 15 2020, 18:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:A full interview with Peter will be available on our channels soon.

I'm clearing my schedule.

515Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 15 2020, 20:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm googling frantically to try and find out who this guy is since I initially thought he was Ron Jeremy's co-star Very Happy

516Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Oct 15 2020, 23:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is one I know nowt about but if he has a massive engine and pace as advertised, he may be what we need to help support the attack without compromising the defence.

517Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Oct 16 2020, 08:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully we’ll get some more heads in today, probably players we have never heard of though

518Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Oct 17 2020, 00:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kioso was the last signing - and that's fair enough as that was Evatt's 20th signing so he can hardly complain seeing Sharon seems to have mortgaged the cat to bring this lot in. 
The Board believe in him and they're the players he wanted.
So there are no excuses - he's either going to be the manager with great ideas who has spotted players with potential and will help them achieve it - or not.
I for one believe in him. He isn't the sharpest tool in the box but he has player experience, knowledge, media presence and a career to preserve - it's almost like watching Sean Dyche's apprentice managing a pilot scheme that he can only leave once he's got us promoted. The motivation isn't in question so he needs to find out what is and sort it.

519Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Nov 06 2020, 21:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Less rumour than fact but Faal's gone out on loan to see if Barnet can get a tune out of him apparently.
Is that to make space for incoming?
And if so, a striker?

520Transfer rumours ! - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Nov 06 2020, 22:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Less rumour than fact but Faal's gone out on loan to see if Barnet can get a tune out of him apparently.
Is that to make space for incoming?
And if so, a striker?

I would also think the priority is a goalkeeper.

Whoever they intend bringing in would have to be a free agent until the January window opens.

Faal and Thompson were the first two 'Moneyball' signings brought in - Hill who was clearly out of favour at that time brought in Delany.

Hard to understand what was going on at the time even retrospectively especially since we've signed all these other 'Moneyball' defenders and end up with Delany and Brockbank who were non Moneyball signings and both now regular starters with most of the new signings looking really shit poor so far at least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum