Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

741Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 28 2021, 17:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:Evatt has now addressed the links that have been made between his club and Charles and confirmed the Accrington striker is a player Wanderers are aware of and would be of interest to Bolton.

He told the Manchester Evening News: “I don’t really like speaking about players who are attached to other football clubs. Dion is a player I am fully aware of – he was actually a youngster at Blackpool while I was a player there.

"Obviously he scored 20 odd goals for Accrington at this level last season. He’s a player we like of course, so that’s something that we are kind of interested in."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

742Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 28 2021, 17:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:Rotherham United winger Kieran Sadlier is attracting interest from Charlton Athletic, Portsmouth and Bolton Wanderers ahead of the January transfer window, Football League World can exclusively reveal.

743Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 28 2021, 19:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charles Dion? Never heard of him. Not surprising considering he hasn't kicked a ball in months.

And we're allegedly paying a fee for him?

More BWFC madness.

We need players with a proven track record who can come straight into the side, not players in a stand-off with their current club training with the kids.

744Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 28 2021, 20:24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has got a proven record in this league, scored 19 in the league last season.

745Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 28 2021, 22:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

746Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Dec 29 2021, 08:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:He has got a proven record in this league, scored 19 in the league last season.

One season is not a track record.

This is a bonkers signing if true.

747Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Dec 29 2021, 10:39

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

One season is not a track record.

This is a bonkers signing if true.

Not bonkers Nat. If he’d scored 20 goals for the last 4 seasons, he wouldn’t still be at Accy and would be going for a lot more that the reputed £300k, thus out of our reach. Like us with Dapo, it’s the potential Evatt can see in our set up. If he knocks in 20 goals in the next 4 seasons for us, his fee would then have been bonkers but the other way! 😉

748Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Dec 29 2021, 13:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Not bonkers Nat. If he’d scored 20 goals for the last 4 seasons, he wouldn’t still be at Accy and would be going for a lot more that the reputed £300k, thus out of our reach. Like us with Dapo, it’s the potential Evatt can see in our set up. If he knocks in 20 goals in the next 4 seasons for us, his fee would then have been bonkers but the other way! 😉

I'm sorry, but spending hard cash on a player with one good season behind him, who hasn't played for months, is bonkers. It rivals the Marvin signing under Coyle, albeit a much lower figure.

We don't have the cash or league position to buy potential, we need proven players who can hit the ground running.

749Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Dec 29 2021, 22:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eoin Doyle being linked with a move back to Ireland with St Pats

750Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 00:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Eoin Doyle being linked with a move back to Ireland with St Pats

St Pat’s lining up ambitious swoop for Bolton striker Eoin Doyle

Daniel McDonnell  
December 29 2021 09:11 PM

St Patrick's Athletic are lining up an ambitious January move for Bolton Wanderers striker Eoin Doyle.

Doyle (33) is first choice striker with the League One side and still has 18 months remaining on his contract but he has always spoken of his desire to come home with his family and finish his career in the League of Ireland.

The Saints are hopeful of making it happen next month but the primary stumbling block would be the length remaining on the Dubliner's current deal.

Bolton would need to source a replacement and also be happy to reach an agreement with Doyle that would allow him to depart.

However, it is believed that there is a determination from the Irish side to explore all options.

Doyle played with new Saints boss Tim Clancy during their time in Scotland with Hibernian and the pair enjoy a strong relationship.

After the shock departure of Stephen O'Donnell for Dundalk - a move that is now the subject of legal proceedings - Saints owner Garrett Kelleher is determined to give strong backing for the 2022 season.

It's understood that the budget is there to bring in a quality striker if he becomes available.

Doyle would fit the bill having scored close to 150 goals in the UK since leaving Sligo Rovers for Hibs after the 2011 season.

He played in the Championship with Preston and Cardiff, but enjoyed his strongest spell in League One with Chesterfield and also fired Swindon to promotion from League Two in the 2019/20 campaign before signing his long term deal with Bolton.

Doyle has made 26 appearances for Bolton this term, scoring seven times with five of those coming in the league.

He started his career at local club Shamrock Rovers and has previously indicated that he would fancy a return to Tallaght at some stage.

But the Saints are now prepared to make a strong move to bring Doyle back to these shores.

751Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 09:27

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We may have to help with his wages if he’s going to St Pats because I doubt they’d ever be able to get near what he’s on here. He might be prepared to take some drop but I doubt that would be enough alone but you never know. If he wants to go back that much we might between us make it happen?

752Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 11:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't see how this would benefit us......we are supposed to be adding strength and depth to the squad not reducing it......I dunno.

753Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 11:57

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:Can't see how this would benefit us......we are supposed to be adding strength and depth to the squad not reducing it......I dunno.

Agree with that TA but would we be better with Charles and Doyle or Charles and a young PL loanee?

754Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is some speculation that Evatt is on the lookout for a couple of attacking mids so it looks very much like he's sticking to his guns with the playing style - even though we tend to concede first in most games.
At least it's guaranteed to be exciting football but I'd be much happier if we had a box to box defensively minded beast as the primary focus. Don't suppose there's a premiership club with a budding Patrick Viera or Yaya Toure they'd be willing to lend us on the cheap?

I'll be disappointed to see Doyler go - given the chances he can stick them away, but he hasn't had the quality of service IMO - but time moves on and Charles is only 26 and possibly the best we can afford on a permanent basis right now. He's only 5'10" though - is it just me that thinks Evatt tends to sign small players apart from the CBs?

755Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 14:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think Evatt likes his players to be able to play a particular way, and those he's been able to attract are not exactly 6'5" beasts. He prefers the playing style to the size if both aren't available. Mo Faal and Greenidge are prime examples.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

756Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 19:03

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:

Agree with that TA but would we be better with Charles and Doyle or Charles and a young PL loanee?
I don't see why we can't have Charles and Doyle ---- first this Charles lad is not in yet and may not be anything to write home about - we don't know.  If Doyle goes and Charles comes in then we would still be light at center forward  IMO
PL loanee?  We have no knowledge of anyone coming our way. If that changes then re-evaluate the situation.

757Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 20:20

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Eoin Doyle has disappointed his former club Shamrock Rovers by deciding to join their rivals St Patrick’s Athletic on a three-year contract.

The 33-year-old has been a prolific scorer in the UK since moving from Sligo Rovers to Pat Fenlon’s Hibernian a decade ago, taking in subsequent spells in England for Chesterfield, Cardiff City, Preston North End and Swindon Town.

Despite having 18 months left on his contract, personal reasons have influenced his decision to move home ahead of the League of Ireland season kicking off in February.

Bolton and Doyle have come to an arrangement on the remainder of his contract to allow him to become a free agent and join Pat’s once the transfer window opens this weekend.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

758Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

From the author of the article...

Maybe I'm reading something in to this that isn't there but I reckon he's had enough of Covid and team bubbles over here and simply wants to go back to Ireland and be with his family and play local to them.

Apparently he's got a three year deal and Bolton will tear up his contract so I guess everybody is happy with what is going on.

If I'm right and following what happened with Maddison I'm wondering if part of our transfer strategy (and other clubs no doubt?) will also now look to sign players who are local or have family support networks local rather than sign players who end up based in the hotel for weeks on end?

I'm not saying we will sign Joe Bloggs simply because he lives across the road from the Reebok but rather we won't be signing other Maddison types who clearly needed more for his wellbeing than just living alone in the hotel for weeks on end?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

759Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Dec 30 2021, 22:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rob Earnshaw lives in Westhoughton.

760Transfer rumours ! - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Dec 31 2021, 16:01

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Rob Earnshaw lives in Westhoughton.
Surely things aren't that bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum