Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 50]

761Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Dec 31 2021, 16:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Surely things aren't that bad.

Bad? I'd back myself to have scored more goals than Doyle, Kachunga & Bakayoko, never mind Rob Earnshaw.

Charles will fit right in when he signs, having not scored a goal all season.

762Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Dec 31 2021, 17:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of my best mates lives in Ireland and his Father in law ran in to him in the close season and he told him he would go back to Shamrock Rovers at some point so it wouldn't surprise me to see him go with the way the season has gone for him even if its not his preferred team.

763Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jan 01 2022, 14:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fossey set for Bolton loan

Fulham full back Marlon Fossey is set to join Bolton Wanderers on loan for the remainder of the season.

The American defender, who has seen his development at Fulham severely restricted by several serious knee injuries, has starred at right back for Fulham’s under 23s this season and had been tipped to make a loan move in January by Steve Wigley. He has contributed five assists in eleven matches from right back with the young Whites top of the PL2 Second Division table. The 23 year-old has yet to make his senior debut for the Whites but was an unused substitute as Marco Silva’s side were beaten on penalties by Leeds United in the League Cup back in September.

Fossey, a former United States under-20 international, spent the first half of last season on loan with Shrewsbury Town – making seven senior appearances. Bolton are currently fifteenth in League One, with 26 points from 22 games.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

764Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jan 03 2022, 01:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OK we need to sort out RB but Fossey is unproven and injury prone throughout his development.
Hoping for some more inspiring signings TBH.

765Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jan 03 2022, 09:03

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:OK we need to sort out RB but Fossey is unproven and injury prone throughout his development.
Hoping for some more inspiring signings TBH.

Don’t know much about him really Lusty but I suppose we have to trust in IE’s judgement on it. I personally wouldn’t have seen a RB as a necessity with Jones nearly back and Brocky and Senior who can fill in. I’d rather have gone for an experienced CH to mentor Rico and shore up the aerial defence which is lacking.

766Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jan 03 2022, 13:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Don’t know much about him really Lusty but I suppose we have to trust in IE’s judgement on it. I personally wouldn’t have seen a RB as a necessity with Jones nearly back and Brocky and Senior who can fill in. I’d rather have gone for an experienced CH to mentor Rico and shore up the aerial defence which is lacking.
Agreed - and I'd like to see an athletic, competitive box to box midfielder just to compete and tighten things up - even if their passing ability was no better than Fabrice's Smile - although Evatt would probably prefer a weakling midget who can pass. I know we can't afford Declan Rice or Henderson but maybe there's a kid we can get on loan from somewhere.

767Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jan 03 2022, 15:40

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree, young goats are very quick and nimble and always useful with their heads!!

768Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jan 03 2022, 17:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Agreed - and I'd like to see an athletic, competitive box to box midfielder just to compete and tighten things up - even if their passing ability was no better than Fabrice's Smile - although Evatt would probably prefer a weakling midget who can pass. I know we can't afford Declan Rice or Henderson but maybe there's a kid we can get on loan from somewhere.

Agree Lusty and I’m sure IE has one lined up but as you say, he needs to be a bit more physical instead of all the midgets IE seems to go for. I’d like a real bully, someone who can boss things and stick it up the opposition. I’m fed up with losing every tackle and 50/50 and would love a real nasty person to put fear up teams.

769Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jan 03 2022, 17:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Agree Lusty and I’m sure IE has one lined up but as you say, he needs to be a bit more physical instead of all the midgets IE seems to go for. I’d like a real bully, someone who can boss things and stick it up the opposition. I’m fed up with losing every tackle and 50/50 and would love a real nasty person to put fear up teams.
Now we're talking! Smile

Santos aside, our lack of height and physicality is a worry given that we can't play like City with this squad. Let's hope IE does have someone lined up.

770Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jan 05 2022, 15:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Drogheda United goalkeeper David Odumosu is to have a three-day trial with English League 1 club Bolton Wanderers, beginning tomorrow (Wednesday)

David has a couple of options in the UK and he’s to go on trial, but that’s up to David. If somebody wants to sign David they know what they have to do to sign him. We have a valuation on him

771Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jan 05 2022, 15:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do need a new keeper, i've never been convinced by Dixon as he's too small and can't command his box at all.

772Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jan 05 2022, 15:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Let's face it most of the squad are too small.

We never get anything from corners or free kicks.

We never see our defenders in the box getting stuck in with a powerful header.

It's all powder puff football.

We are fcuking doomed unless something changes pretty quickly.

773Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 06 2022, 11:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:We do need a new keeper, i've never been convinced by Dixon as he's too small and can't command his box at all.
There's been the usual outcry on social media following Dixon's error against Hartlepool and Odumosu looks like an excellent shot stopper but as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] points out, two first tier Scottish teams and championship club Bournemouth are also interested in him so it's far from a done deal.

* includes video of his performance against Bohemians (excluding the two he let in Smile )

774Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 07 2022, 22:09

Bolton Nuts

Admin

To be fair, even I look good in net when you only include the highlights. Didn't anyone notice a couple of unbelievable saves from Dixon during our last league match.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

775Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 07 2022, 22:17

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Sadlier. Expect some news by Monday.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

776Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 07 2022, 23:06

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Given Doyler has now gone, surely there must be another striker lined up to come in, otherwise it’s madness to let him go. I suppose the question is, who? Other than the speculated loans recently, I’m not sure of anyone tipped to come here. I can’t imagine we’re going to pay another fee and if Evatt is only going for youth then a loan deal seems a certainty?

777Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 07 2022, 23:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It is commonly reported thar we will be paying fees for 3 other players this window, there hasn't even been a whisper about loans.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

778Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jan 08 2022, 13:18

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Keegan wrote:It is commonly reported thar we will be paying fees for 3 other players this window, there hasn't even been a whisper about loans.
Time you washed your ears out if you haven’t heard the “whispers” 😉

779Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jan 08 2022, 13:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Sadlier. Expect some news by Monday.
Kieran Sadlier?

WTF?
Evatt seems obsessed with wingers,

780Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jan 08 2022, 15:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum