Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - will we survive?

Coronavirus - will we survive?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 34]

1Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 15:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I don't think for one moment that this will wipe us all out but I do think general life will get effected in several ways until life get's back to something like normal again.

I made my first decision the other day resulting from the virus, in that I was planning to do a city break to Krakow (Poland) and on to Budapest (Hungary) in the summer but decided not to book anything and wait and see how things develop first.

As far as I can tell this virus isn't any more deadly than catching normal flu but as always people are overreacting.

I think it's inevitable it will spread to here eventually and once we go through it people will no longer be as frightened of it.

Until then though have you looked your doors and pulled up the drawbridge until it has gone away?

2Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 16:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My old mum is 90, so we're particularly concerned. Although she's got a hospital appointment in March, we've suggested she postpone it for a while. It's only a routine appointment, so I think she'll survive without it.

3Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 16:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It is worrying, we have a summer holiday booked to Portugal, will that end up being cancelled if the rates of infection keep increasing?

We do keep getting information sent to us at the Hospital around handwashing and spread of the virus and self isolating but it still feels like its happening elsewhere and not here. I'm sure that will change soon as there has been a case in Bury now and i'm sure it will start to spread.

4Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 16:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Might even see matches cancelled.

5Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 16:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Might even see matches cancelled.
We aren't that lucky boncey  Very Happy

6Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 16:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:As far as I can tell this virus isn't any more deadly than catching normal flu but as always people are overreacting.


Absolutely this.

It depends on what data you read, but England alone is averaging about 17,000 deaths a year from "regular" flu. So where is the blanket coverage of that?

Once again the internet and 24 hour news has turned a very minor risk into Armageddon.

People seem to have lost the ability to think for themselves.

7Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 16:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Might even see matches cancelled.
We aren't that lucky boncey  Very Happy
Very Happy  Very true.

8Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 16:54

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
It’s an election year in the US so I think we’ll see this played out for at least the remainder of 2020. Especially in the absence of some kind of war. The media will continue to frighten the life out of everyone and Trump will heroically save America from extinction and be re-elected.

9Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 17:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@finlaymcdanger wrote:It’s an election year in the US so I think we’ll see this played out for at least the remainder of 2020. Especially in the absence of some kind of war. The media will continue to frighten the life out of everyone and Trump will heroically save America from extinction and be re-elected.
I thought he'd given the job to Mike Pence. Another great Trump idea.

10Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 19:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
It is deadly as it will kill people with copd and asthma as it targets the respiratory system.

11Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 22:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:As far as I can tell this virus isn't any more deadly than catching normal flu but as always people are overreacting.


Absolutely this.

It depends on what data you read, but England alone is averaging about 17,000 deaths a year from "regular" flu. So where is the blanket coverage of that?

Spot on Nat. As I said on another thread, I was in hospital 3 weeks ago with Influenza A virus. It absolutely knocked me flat, and they took me into hospital for 3 days giving me oxygen and a drip for the whole time I was there. (They couldn't ignore me, I collapsed when I went for an oncology review.) Still not over it, and seriously thinking about what to do if COVD-19 gets out of hand. 
Going to Cyprus on 22nd April with no plans to change it unless told directly.

12Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 02 2020, 22:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Luckily we haven't booked to go back to Asia so far for this year as we have been going around March/April the last couple of years so will see if all this has calmed down in the next few months and go then.

I can't seem to make my mind up if it actually is the media online simply scaremongering or we are being told a half truth on how this virus started and how serious it actually is.

The ratio of deaths to people who have caught this to people who have fully recovered is still extremely low like others have said and more people die from the usual flu bugs.

Time will tell in the end.

13Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 00:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:As far as I can tell this virus isn't any more deadly than catching normal flu but as always people are overreacting.


Absolutely this.

It depends on what data you read, but England alone is averaging about 17,000 deaths a year from "regular" flu. So where is the blanket coverage of that?

Spot on Nat. As I said on another thread, I was in hospital 3 weeks ago with Influenza A virus. It absolutely knocked me flat, and they took me into hospital for 3 days giving me oxygen and a drip for the whole time I was there. (They couldn't ignore me, I collapsed when I went for an oncology review.) Still not over it, and seriously thinking about what to do if COVD-19 gets out of hand. 
Going to Cyprus on 22nd April with no plans to change it unless told directly.
Whether it kills people or not isn't the point.
Governments, business and the media are taking it very seriously and are already taking measures that will affect our lives regardless of what happens. Sports events have been cancelled, the stock market has gone down, businesses have closed, some flights have been cancelled and who knows what else will happen?
The biggest effect on the UK so far is the closure of suppliers in China and Europe which is already having an effect on British businesses and could get a lot worse as Britain is massively dependent on parts and materials from Europe in particular and already there's very little coming in from Italy.

If they stay on top of it, disruption could be minimised but there will be disruption and a knock-on effect for the economy and individuals. Conversely, if we take it too lightly and it gets out of hand it could be a disaster - even though the virus itself isn't necessarily a killer.

The hype, media frenzy and the political response are bigger factors on our lives than the reality of the virus at the moment.

14Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 16:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

15Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 18:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Inevitable really especially with Bury getting it.

Just put an order in for a load of corned beef and beer along with 10 bars of Dettol antibacterial soap.

What more does one want? Very Happy

16Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 18:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We don't want to know what you're shoving up your arse tonight.

17Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 18:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:We don't want to know what you're shoving up your arse tonight.

Shocked

18Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 18:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Apologies, I thought it was the "What I'm putting up my bum tonight" thread.

19Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 18:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Apologies, I thought it was the "What I'm putting up my bum tonight" thread.

Very Happy

20Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 18:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Has anyone else stocked started stocking up yet?

Apparently my local ASDA has hardly anything left in and luckily we have the usual shed stock of flash with bleach, Imperial Leather liquid soap and Morning Fresh washing up liquid.

I also have my proper rubber mask at the ready now.

Will be doing one last shop tonight and then i'm bolting the front door down and hibernating for a while.

21Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 18:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Has anyone else stocked started stocking up yet?

Apparently my local ASDA has hardly anything left in and luckily we have the usual shed stock of flash with bleach, Imperial Leather liquid soap and Morning Fresh washing up liquid.

I also have my proper rubber mask at the ready now.

Will be doing one last shop tonight and then i'm bolting the front door down and hibernating for a while.

It's the flu. Get a grip.

22Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 19:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Went to Piggy In The Middle this morning and stocked up on Carrs pasties. I'll survive.

23Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 19:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Went to Piggy In The Middle this morning and stocked up on Carrs pasties. I'll survive.

What about the butter pies?

Have you bought a freezer full? Very Happy

24Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 19:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nat, have you thought about what you will do if you run out of Always and can't buy them in the shop?

25Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 19:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Went to Piggy In The Middle this morning and stocked up on Carrs pasties. I'll survive.

What about the butter pies?

Have you bought a freezer full? Very Happy
Butter pies are available locally, the Carrs pasties were vital to my future wellbeing.

26Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 19:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Nat, have you thought about what you will do if you run out of Always and can't buy them in the shop?

Why would the shops run out of Always? Are you using them as a face mask?

27Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 20:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@karlypants wrote:Nat, have you thought about what you will do if you run out of Always and can't buy them in the shop?

Why would the shops run out of Always? Are you using them as a face mask?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

28Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Mar 03 2020, 20:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Embarassed Embarassed lol!

30Coronavirus - will we survive? Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Mar 04 2020, 12:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This taxi driver looks like he's well protected...

taxi-driver

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 34]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum