Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton

+7
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Fri Mar 06 2020, 13:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Mar 07 2020, 22:07; edited 2 times in total

2Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Fri Mar 06 2020, 13:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can only see another defeat i'm afraid, either 2-1 or 1-0  Crying or Very sad

3Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Fri Mar 06 2020, 14:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dicked 3-0.

Ken out.

4Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Fri Mar 06 2020, 19:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm actually hopeful we can nick a win here. I know, it's probably delusional but I'm going to predict a 1-0 win for us.

5Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

6Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jack Hobbs injured? I don't believe it.

7Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

8Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No sign of the radio KP?

9Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:No sign of the radio KP?

It's live mate...

10Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 15:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My comment box has disappeared in chatbox! Shocked

11Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 16:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

12Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 16:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the bright side we've stopped conceding daft goals but no penetration up front and a lot of hoof and hope.

13Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 17:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:On the bright side we've stopped conceding daft goals but no penetration up front and a lot of hoof and hope.
Yes, it was difficult to watch. Chatbox was reduced to discussing Corned beef, Spam, and brown sauce.
P.J. Proby got a mention too.

14Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 19:03

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I just got in from work so don't know how we played but to be honest I think the result was decent. I'm especially pleased we didn't concede at the death like we so often do.

15Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 19:53

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I just got in from work so don't know how we played but to be honest I think the result was decent. I'm especially pleased we didn't concede at the death like we so often do.
Take it from me Pete, nothing to be pleased about, Wimbledon were truly awful, and we were worse.

16Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 19:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I understand Martin but with the season we're having I'll take whatever silver linings I can no matter how small. God knows there have been precious few in recent years.

17Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sat Mar 07 2020, 22:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: A.F.C Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers picked up their second successive point after being held to a scoreless draw by AFC Wimbledon at the Cherry Red Records Stadium.

Keith Hill made two changes from Wanderers’ previous game with Ethan Hamilton and Ryan Delaney coming into the starting line-up at the expense of Kean Bryan and Jack Hobbs who both missed out through injury.

The visitors had an early scare when Remi Matthews’ attempted clearance hit Joe Pigott with the ball looping into the air before going wide of goal.

Wanderers responded with the lively Denni Politic getting past his marker before seeing a low cross cut out by Luke O’Neill.

Pigott made a block inside the six-yard box, following Ali Crawford’s corner, but Daryl Murphy was unable to take advantage of the opportunity from the rebound.

Toto Nsiala put in an important challenge to prevent Kwesi Appiah from bursting through and then earned his side a free-kick after he was bundled over by Callum Reilly.

Wanderers won themselves a free-kick out wide and Crawford’s resulting set-piece was aimed for Daryl Murphy. The ball then fell into the path of Politic whose thunderbolt from the edge of the box was blocked.

Crawford then latched onto a loose ball before sending his shot from 20 yards just wide.

This was good attacking play from the visitors.

At the other end, Matthews held onto Guinness-Walker’s drive after the home side enjoyed a rare foray into the Wanderers box.

Wimbledon enjoyed another chance shortly afterward when O’Neill rose to plant a header on Reilly’s corner only to see his effort go over the bar.

The chances sparked the home side into life but Pigott found Jason Lowe perfectly placed to prevent Wagstaff’s cross from reaching the tall striker.

Just before the half came to a close, Daryl Murphy got on the end of Lowe’s cross into the box but could only see his effort blocked.

Deep into time added on Politic created some space for himself before smashing a 20-yarder towards goal, but Mads Sorensen was ideally placed to keep out the Romanian star.

Crawford attempted a cheeky effort from the halfway line as Wanderers restarted the game but the attempt doesn’t trouble Joe Day in the Wimbledon goal.

Hill made his first change of the afternoon shortly afterwards when he took off the injured Lowe. Josh Emmanuel came on for the Wanderers’ skipper.

Joe Dodoo tried to get a shot in through a sea of bodies after being lined up by Daryl Murphy but the wide man was eventually crowded out.

Pigott and Reilly once again combined to carve out an opportunity but Hamilton got in the way to deny the hosts a chance on goal.

A linesman’s flag earned Wanderers a reprieve when Appiah got the ball in the back of the net, but the effort was ruled out for an offside earlier in the build-up.

Hamilton was picked out by Politic and the Scot hit a thunderbolt from distance but it was bravely blocked by Terell Thomas.

Nsiala intercepted an intended pass from Pigott to Wagstaff as the latter tried to sneak in at the near post.

Wanderers earned a corner after Emmanuel’s excellent burst forward resulted in Politic’s centre being diverted behind.

From Crawford’s resulting corner, Politic headed the ball towards the far post where Daryl Murphy was unable to find the target.

Hill made his second change with just over 20 minutes remaining when he brought on Ronan Darcy for Crawford.

The home side then tried to get a grip on the game and had three chances in quick succession which were all dealt with by Wanderers.

Anthony Georgiou came on for his Wanderers’ debut when he replaced Daryl Murphy for the final 15 minutes of the game.

A couple of half-chances fell for either side but the game ground out to a goalless conclusion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sun Mar 08 2020, 01:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I watched it on Ifollow...… we were the better team first half - they were better second half.  Not much quality to be seen in either half. Plenty of hoofball by both sides.
Its about what you expect at this point of the season.

19Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Sun Mar 08 2020, 10:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

20Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton  Empty Re: Wimbledon 0-0 Bolton Mon Mar 09 2020, 01:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:On the bright side we've stopped conceding daft goals but no penetration up front and a lot of hoof and hope.
Yes, it was difficult to watch. Chatbox was reduced to discussing Corned beef, Spam, and brown sauce.
P.J. Proby got a mention too.
All topics I have an interest in however when the big picture appeared the log in and text box disappeared and I couldn't get them back. Once my log in had timed out I couldn't see anything of what was no doubt a fascinating discussion.
FWIW I like corned beef, especially fried and served with brown sauce, I like both brown and red on burgers and hot dogs as they are better together, Spam is just wrong and PJ Proby is a legend, a cleaner and a paedo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum