Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this more right wing crap...

+3
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 14:28

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote: At least Assad isn't a raving fcuking loony.

Assad is a raving fucking loony RT, he's massacring thousands of his own people every day.

Assad is a qualified Doctor who was educated in the UK. When his father ran the country, Syria was referred to by the west as the Axis of Evil. Assad brought in many reforms but it isn't enough for the hardliners. The problem is that there is no appeasement with the fundamentalists. It's either their way or the highway.

Assad has no time for the rebels and has no intention of handing over the reigns to a bunch of loony toons. It was no different with Iran, when the Shah was overthrown we had years of Ayatollah Khomeini ( the nutjob who declared a Fatwah on Salman Rushdie )

You simply cannot reason with these kind of religious fanatics because there is absolutely no common ground whatsoever.

If Assad falls in Syria who knows what the new regime has planned for the west ? Especially when you consider we have by and large kept out of it.

https://youtu.be/aGBfYoldZQ4

Syria, along with Libya and Cuba, were described as nations beyond the axis of evil by a member of Bush's team. Apparently they were sponsoring the terrorist activity of the axis of evil; North Korea, Iraq and Iran. Unfortunately George Bush is a deceitful moron and even though he may of been right I will never believe a word that comes out of his mouth, or anybody from his government.

Assad is running the country in the same way his father did. When he first came to power he said all the right things and wanted to be allied with the West. Hence his initial popularity with the US and UK.

However any rebellion, protest or dissent against him and his regime has been handled in the same way his father and every dictator before has, with force. He has continued to attempt to maintain and recently regain control of his country by murdering anybody that stands in his way.

Sorry RT the fact he's a qualified doctor and educated in the UK only means he has less of an excuse, same as his wife.

He's as power crazy as any other dictator and anybody that massacres their own people is a loony in my book, fear of what could come next doesn't mean he should be allowed to continue this massacre. For all we know he could be replaced by somebody who brings peace to the country, there's no way of knowing.

22Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 14:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could well be right but I doubt it.

23Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 14:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

George Bush was a religious fanatic.

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

seriously alarming.

24Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 14:47

Hipster_Nebula wrote:George Bush was a religious fanatic.

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

seriously alarming.

Exactly the man's a fucking idiot.

25Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 14:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

alot of serial killers and spree killers say the same thing.

26Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 14:57

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[quote="bwfc1874"]
Reebok Trotter wrote:

He's as power crazy as any other dictator and anybody that massacres their own people is a loony in my book, fear of what could come next doesn't mean he should be allowed to continue this massacre. For all we know he could be replaced by somebody who brings peace to the country, there's no way of knowing.

well...

I think your wrong, people are pissed off due to his apparent want of an alliance with the west. this is a good thing for me, forget the people he is 'murdering', they are extremist religious idiots in the first place, the world is less dangerous without people like that.

im not saying the way he is going on about it is particularity right, but its the lesser of the 2 evils for me...

lets face it, his government gets overthrown, suddenly you have a bunch of religious zealots in there who want to kill everybody who does not live by the 'true' word of Islam...

im sure Iran would 'borrow' them a few nukes Neutral

27Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 14:58

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:George Bush was a religious fanatic.

seriously alarming.

this sounds like something the KKK would come out with! affraid

28Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 15:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And yet it's the muslims who are labelled as "crazy" and "religious fanatics" and you have a western leader saying shit like that and no one bats an eyelid.

I suppose he's just "talking" to the right "God"

29Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 15:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

All religious fanatics are idiots and unfortunately all religions have them. In America half the population don't believe in evolution.

30Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I suppose he's just "talking" to the right "God"

You're going to Hell on the number 13 Aberdeen bus.

31Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 16:00

[quote="Reebok_Rebel"]
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

well...

I think your wrong, people are pissed off due to his apparent want of an alliance with the west. this is a good thing for me, forget the people he is 'murdering', they are extremist religious idiots in the first place, the world is less dangerous without people like that.

im not saying the way he is going on about it is particularity right, but its the lesser of the 2 evils for me...

lets face it, his government gets overthrown, suddenly you have a bunch of religious zealots in there who want to kill everybody who does not live by the 'true' word of Islam...

Why do you say the rebels are religous extremists? They're fighting to overthrow Assad, that is their aim, they aren't fighting because they want Sharia law brought in or anything.

There's a huge difference between people who are religous and people who are extremists. There's been no evidence (that I've seen) to suggest that the Free Syria Army is extremist, Im not sure where you've got that from.

I may be wrong and have missed something though so let me know.

32Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 16:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[quote="bwfc1874"]
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

well...

Why do you say the rebels are religous extremists? They're fighting to overthrow Assad, that is their aim, they aren't fighting because they want Sharia law brought in or anything.

There's a huge difference between people who are religous and people who are extremists. There's been no evidence (that I've seen) to suggest that the Free Syria Army is extremist, Im not sure where you've got that from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Syrian_Army#Relationship_with_Islamists

33Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 16:33

[quote="Reebok_Rebel"]
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Syrian_Army#Relationship_with_Islamists

See what you mean, maybe there is an Al Qaeda influence, but most of them are fighting to overthrow Assad, not to takeover and start attacking the West.

In July 2012, the FSA rescued a British and Dutch photojournalist from their Islamist captors. The journalists, John Cantile and Jeroen Oerlemans, were held hostage for a week by Islamists who accused them of working for the CIA. The FSA stormed the camp, freed the journalists and scolded the hostage-takers. Oerlemans commented: "Where the FSA seems to be fighting for democracy, these foreign fighters don't want anything more than imposing sharia on Syria". In August, the Farouq Battalion killed the leader of the Islamists who had kidnapped the journalists. One Farouq Battalion member said: "Jihadis don't share in fighting against the regime, because they say we are kafirs, and they won't fight with kafirs".

Interviews with the FSA suggest that its top commanders see the Islamists as "a threat to stability post regime change"

Riad al-Asaad has stated that the Free Syrian Army (FSA) has no political goals except the removal of Bashar Assad

34Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 22:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

See what you mean, maybe there is an Al Qaeda influence, but most of them are fighting to overthrow Assad, not to takeover and start attacking the West.

One follows the other as sure as night follows day. The hardliners see the Christian West as Kaffirs ( non-believers )

It is no different than the Crusades. Richard the Lionheart and his holy war. Times have changed, and not for the better.

'Benevolent Uncle' Bob Mugabe is one of the biggest tyrants in the modern era. He has carried out ethnic cleansing against the minority Matabele tribe in Zimbabwe and forced all the five generations of white farmers out of the country. How come he is allowed to play God in Zimbabwe ?

The same happened in Uganda. The British Government were complicit in allowing Idi Amin to oust the democratically elected Milton Obote. Look at the result, over 20,000 Ugandan Asians given a month to leave the country.

It's no good wringing our hands over Syria when the same thing is being played out in Africa on a daily basis.

The bottom line is that we should keep our fcuking noses out of other countries business and spend our time and resources on fixing broken Britain.

35Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Mon Sep 17 2012, 22:12

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

One follows the other as sure as night follows day. The hardliners see the Christian West as Kaffirs ( non-believers )

It is no different than the Crusades. Richard the Lionheart and his holy war. Times have changed, and not for the better.

Well said Rt, absolutely spot on.

'Benevolent Uncle' Bob Mugabe is one of the biggest tyrants in the modern era. He has carried out ethnic cleansing against the minority Matabele tribe in Zimbabwe and forced all the five generations of white farmers out of the country. How come he is allowed to play God in Zimbabwe ?

The same happened in Uganda. The British Government were complicit in allowing Idi Amin to oust the democratically elected Milton Obote. Look at the result, over 20,000 Ugandan Asians given a month to leave the country.

It's no good wringing our hands over Syria when the same thing is being played out in Africa on a daily basis.

The bottom line is that we should keep our fcuking noses out of other countries business and spend our time and resources on fixing broken Britain.

36Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Tue Sep 18 2012, 10:46

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

How can you be so sure? There's no evidence to support this.

I don't understand how you can assume that the rebels are extremists purely on the basis of them being from an Arab country, and wanting to overthrow a man massacring half the population. Not everybody from the middle east is automatically a religious nut who wants to blow themselves up.

I never said we should try and fix Syria; only that Assad is a psychopath; clearly he is.

37Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Tue Sep 18 2012, 13:32

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I don't understand how you can assume that the rebels are extremists purely on the basis of them being from an Arab country, and wanting to overthrow a man massacring half the population. Not everybody from the middle east is automatically a religious nut who wants to blow themselves up.

I never said we should try and fix Syria; only that Assad is a psychopath; clearly he is.

he clearly is 'Lacking emotionally'

however, id rather have him as an ally than a group of poeple who dont like the western world very much.

I dont care if you regard them as 'nutjobs' or not... they are Arabs and against the west, that's enough reason for me not to like them...

38Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Tue Sep 18 2012, 14:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem with a lot of world leaders is that they feel to see the importance and significance of history. You would have thought that after Korea and Vietnam the Yanks would have cold feet when it comes to ' liberating ' other countries.

What exactly has the death of Saddam achieved ? The Shia and Sunny Muslims are still at one another's throats jostling for power in Baghdad.

The Sunny folk tend to live a more sedentary lifestyle than their Shia brothers but they are not averse to letting off the odd bomb to let folk know that they are still alive and kicking.

Who is to say that Assad's vision of Syria isn't the right one ? It all depends on which side of the political fence you sit.

It's the same in Afghanistan. Now we have the green on blue attacks. We probably have no real business for being in there in the first place.

Other than offering humanitarian aid I can't see any legitimate reason for occupying the place. If the people of Afghanistan truly want liberating from the Taliban then I would suggest it would be better if they did it themselves. Just look at what happened to Gaddafi.

39Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Tue Sep 18 2012, 14:17

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

he clearly is 'Lacking emotionally'

however, id rather have him as an ally than a group of poeple who dont like the western world very much.

I dont care if you regard them as 'nutjobs' or not... they are Arabs and against the west, that's enough reason for me not to like them...

Sorry Rebel, but assuming that all Arabs are against the West is pretty ridiculous. But I suppose that's your opinion and if you choose to write off an entire race because of something you suppose to be true then that's your prerogative.

There is no evidence saying the FSA will take over Syria and then seek to launch attacks on the West, in fact the evidence is to the contrary. His only supporters are now Iran and Hezbollah (two pretty anti-West supporters Im sure you'll agree). The FSA are backed by Qatar, Turkey and Saudi Arabia, all of which have strong relations with the West. Even Russia and China long term Syrian allies have withdrawn support for him.

You say you'd rather have Assad as an ally than the FSA, unfortunately there is zero chance of him ever being an ally of the West again after the atrocities he's committed.

I think 'lacking emotionally' is an odd way to describe a man who is scatter bombing huge areas, killing some rebels but also thousands of innocent families, including women and children.

40Is this more right wing crap...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this more right wing crap... Tue Sep 18 2012, 14:38

Reebok Trotter wrote:The problem with a lot of world leaders is that they feel to see the importance and significance of history. You would have thought that after Korea and Vietnam the Yanks would have cold feet when it comes to ' liberating ' other countries.

What exactly has the death of Saddam achieved ? The Shia and Sunny Muslims are still at one another's throats jostling for power in Baghdad.

The Sunny folk tend to live a more sedentary lifestyle than their Shia brothers but they are not averse to letting off the odd bomb to let folk know that they are still alive and kicking.

Who is to say that Assad's vision of Syria isn't the right one ? It all depends on which side of the political fence you sit.

It's the same in Afghanistan. Now we have the green on blue attacks. We probably have no real business for being in there in the first place.

Other than offering humanitarian aid I can't see any legitimate reason for occupying the place. If the people of Afghanistan truly want liberating from the Taliban then I would suggest it would be better if they did it themselves. Just look at what happened to Gaddafi.

RT the US don't go into these countries to liberate them, they go to promote their own interests. In the case of Afghanistan and Iraq, they went to secure oil supplies and increase their presence in the region. Vietnam and Korea, were to fight communism.

We shouldn't have gone into Iraq or Afghanistan and I hope we don't go into Syria, as you say interfering hasn't helped anything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum