Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You OK mate?

+6
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
y2johnny
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1You OK mate? Empty You OK mate? Wed May 27 2020, 22:28

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A genuine question to all nuts members.

How has life been since lockdown?  Are you coping?  Are you OK/anxious/ excited about whatever the "new normal" will be?

For me personally, its been very mixed.  Positives, I'm extremely lucky that my business has been able to continue and I've been able to carry on, even if it hasn't been as normal.  I have been being able to spend more time with the kids even though its not been the easiest cooped up in the house.  Got a few things done in the house, bit of painting, gardening etc.

Negatives, we lost my great uncle and couldn't go to his funeral.  Work is a lot more stressful as I'm worried incase I bring the virus home to my family, and me being an absolute bellend, drove into the back of someone last week at some traffic lights!!!

Even with the negative I feel I am still a lot luckier than some  so I am grateful.  But I know we all dick about and call each other and have a craic but if anyone needs a chat or wants to vent feel free!  PMs always open Smile

2You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 08:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pretty much ok. Hard to get bored with so many books, DVD's, and the internet to go at, but my love of a good walk has had to be put on hold, at least for the short term.
Had a few worries about my old mum, who at 90, has taken it all in her stride, but, after all, she's been through tougher times than these.
My big problem is the lack of competitive sport. We don't realise, until it's gone, what a huge part of our lives it is, and I've started to worry if I'll ever see a live Wanderers game again.
No Wanderers action means Nuts is pretty quiet, apart from Covid related threads, but I'm sure we'll pick up. 
All in all I've always been a glass half full man. With so many people struggling financially, and many more battling ill health, I'd be churlish indeed to feel anything but blessed.
And thanks Johnny, for putting the question. Sometimes, just knowing someone's asking after you gives you a lift.
8.45 and I'm still not dressed. Need to shape up.

3You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 09:45

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:I'm pretty much ok. Hard to get bored with so many books, DVD's, and the internet to go at, but my love of a good walk has had to be put on hold, at least for the short term.
Had a few worries about my old mum, who at 90, has taken it all in her stride, but, after all, she's been through tougher times than these.
My big problem is the lack of competitive sport. We don't realise, until it's gone, what a huge part of our lives it is, and I've started to worry if I'll ever see a live Wanderers game again.
No Wanderers action means Nuts is pretty quiet, apart from Covid related threads, but I'm sure we'll pick up. 
All in all I've always been a glass half full man. With so many people struggling financially, and many more battling ill health, I'd be churlish indeed to feel anything but blessed.
And thanks Johnny, for putting the question. Sometimes, just knowing someone's asking after you gives you a lift.
8.45 and I'm still not dressed. Need to shape up.
Well, your daily walks are probably more of a danger to you than covid Boncey :rofl:

Glad to hear though!  And I feel for your mum, we are doing bits and bats for my missus' uncle.  He's only in his 70s but still has to shield.  As long as I remember his chippy on a Friday, papers on a Saturday, and his soups when I go shopping I stay in the good books Very Happy

Its my daughters 7th birthday tomorrow, so thats my son, missus and daughter with a lockdown birthday.  Mine is in October and I hope by then we can celebrate all 4 together by then.

I'm back in work again today but off tomorrow.  Got a bike to build when I get home Sad

4You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 12:10

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What about you Nat, soon as you are the only other person on at the moment, you ok love?

5You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 12:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:What about you Nat, soon as you are the only other person on at the moment, you ok love?
Nat got upset because I called her horseface.
Horses are very beautiful animals. Strong, athletic, delicate. Don't know what she was so upset about.

6You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 12:31

Great thread Johnny, as Bonce says good to ask this kind of question.

For me all fine, i already had flexible hours and a working from home policy so although i miss the office (the pubs near my office) my job hasn't come under any threat so far and we've been busier if anything. I count myself really lucky not to have had to worry about finances or boredom of lockdown.

DIY round the house and garden have filled our time otherwise, I'm drinking a lot more but I'm exercising most days so right now - to be honest, the balance is fine for me. Just looking forward to seeing family and friends and watching football again. The news can be a bit boring these days without sport.

We lost my grandad a month back and couldn't attend the funeral which was shit, but it is what it is and we'll make up for it as a family when we can.

Hope your daughter has a great birthday.

7You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 13:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really sorry about your grandad TROY. Not being able to attend the funeral would be a blow to anyone losing a family member.
So many all across the country have had to suffer similar heartache, which makes what Cummings did all the more galling.

8You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 13:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ve been working from home and when not working I’ve been doing a lot of decorating and general DIY.
Miss not having a laugh at work and not being able to eat out. Visiting family, although I suspect they’ll relax this a bit in the next week or so.

Missing the football, even though it hasn’t been the greatest season...

9You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 15:37

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Great thread Johnny, as Bonce says good to ask this kind of question.

For me all fine, i already had flexible hours and a working from home policy so although i miss the office (the pubs near my office) my job hasn't come under any threat so far and we've been busier if anything. I count myself really lucky not to have had to worry about finances or boredom of lockdown.

DIY round the house and garden have filled our time otherwise, I'm drinking a lot more but I'm exercising most days so right now - to be honest, the balance is fine for me. Just looking forward to seeing family and friends and watching football again. The news can be a bit boring these days without sport.

We lost my grandad a month back and couldn't attend the funeral which was shit, but it is what it is and we'll make up for it as a family when we can.

Hope your daughter has a great birthday.
Thanks Troy, some of her friends Re doing a drive-by, which because we will live in salford I was a bit fearful of at first :rofl:

I'm the same with the rugby,  not so much even watching the pros, I'm missing watching my lad and his team mates more!!  Don't think they will play again until next year now.

Sorry to hear about your grandad but it seems you have the same mindset as us about the get together later on.

10You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 16:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I am retired and in good health and probably suffering a lot less than younger people. My income is guaranteed and my wife is in good health too. So many people are having to deal with very difficult situations and I feel very fortunate.

I miss seeing the children and the grandchildren and couldn't have a weekend away with my two boys to celebrate my 70th birthday but apart from that it is just the inconvenience of not being able to meet friends, go to a restaurant or go on holiday. Oh and I hate queuing for everything.

It could be a whole lot worse.

11You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 16:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What I'm worried about is trying to get my arse into gear when I'm allowed out of shielding. I've down-scaled my activities from very little to bugger-all. Mind you, the warm and sunny weather has been a great help in my endeavors, especially when I'm partaking of navel gazing.  Very Happy

12You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 16:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:What I'm worried about is trying to get my arse into gear

Buy bigger pants.

13You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 21:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:What about you Nat, soon as you are the only other person on at the moment, you ok love?

Thank you for asking.

I am not doing well under lockdown. I thought I was a loner and would breeze through a few weeks cooped up at home no problem, but I have found it quite distressing at times.

I hope you and your family are well.

14You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Thu May 28 2020, 21:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Thank you for asking.

I am not doing well under lockdown. I thought I was a loner and would breeze through a few weeks cooped up at home no problem, but I have found it quite distressing at times.

I hope you and your family are well.
Sorting through your wardrobe is very therapeutic,Nat. I've been sorting the wheat from the chaff with regard to my summer look.
Some worn out slippers  had to go in the bin, but they'd served me well over the years, and I gave them a viking funeral.
I also found one of my old plastic macs from my teenage years. What memories it brought back. It was a particular favourite until mum sewed the pockets up. But we won't go there.
So get going Nat, and get your summer look sorted, not forgetting of course to think ahead to the winter.

15You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Fri May 29 2020, 11:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Buy bigger pants.
Had to read this twice to see what you meant Nat. Very good  Very Happy

Can I ask who your supplier of such enlarged garments are, so that I can contact them. Thanks  Laughing

16You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Fri May 29 2020, 12:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Had to read this twice to see what you meant Nat. Very good  Very Happy

Can I ask who your supplier of such enlarged garments are, so that I can contact them. Thanks  Laughing
Don't go there Glos. She has to have them hand made. They use the elastic needed for bungee jumps.

17You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Fri May 29 2020, 14:54

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It was ok for me work for a large online retailer who got very busy so worked a lot of overtime, was taking home £900 a week for doing very little. Only reason I did it was thought what if I get sick, so just worked as much as I could. 

Now I'm just working 3 days a week and enjoying the sunshine and playing with my son in the garden and building lots of Lego.

Playing golf whenever I can to, but most are booked up during the day so today have to tee off after 6PM (last week it was 6AM).

18You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Fri May 29 2020, 16:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its good for many. I think a lot of people are able to appreciate the 'balance' of the work/life balance idea. I would hate to think what it would have been like if we hadn't had all this good weather though.

19You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Sat May 30 2020, 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been working constantly until this week when i've had a few days off. As most of you know i work at MRI/RMCH hospitals and it has been manic until the last week or so as the Covid patients has started to drop a little.

Managed to avoid the dreaded DIY as i've been working so much which in my case is probably the wisest thing as i'm the most unpractical and handy man in the world. 

Stay safe everyone and watch out for the dreaded 2nd wave coming with all the knobheads doing as they please out there!

20You OK mate? Empty Re: You OK mate? Sat May 30 2020, 13:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Its good for many. I think a lot of people are able to appreciate the 'balance' of the work/life balance idea. I would hate to think what it would have been like if we hadn't had all this good weather though.
Anyone else think we wouldn't have had this weather without the lock down?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum