Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got the time mate?

+3
Cajunboy
Norpig
boltonbonce
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Got the time mate? Empty Got the time mate? Tue Dec 19 2023, 23:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit of a small scale watch collector myself, but is it safe to wear one these days? Anyone into Rolex?
Personally, I hate them, but watch people are quirky. Do I even need a watch? Not really, but I'm a watch nerd.
Looks like phones and watches are easy pickings.

2Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Wed Dec 20 2023, 07:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to wear a watch everyday up until around 10 years ago but don't wear one at all now, just fell out of the habit. 

Can't afford a Rolex anyway but i did see that people are being targeted on the street now for them.

3Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Wed Dec 20 2023, 12:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I used to wear a watch everyday up until around 10 years ago but don't wear one at all now, just fell out of the habit. 

Can't afford a Rolex anyway but i did see that people are being targeted on the street now for them.
Rolex is out of my league too. Wouldn't buy one even if I could.
I collect for fun, not as an investment that needs to be kept in a safe.
Looks like it wouldn't be safe to wear one anyway.
I'll stick with my Seiko Alpinist.

4Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Wed Dec 20 2023, 17:18

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't feel dressed if I haven't got a watch on.

Strangely I find it easier to look at my wrist to see what  the time is, than faff about with my mobile.

Crazy world.

5Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Wed Dec 20 2023, 17:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I don't feel dressed if I haven't got a watch on.

Strangely I find it easier to look at my wrist to see what  the time is, than faff about with my mobile.

Crazy world.
I agree. My brother never wears a watch. But, looking at the number of watch channels on YouTube, there's still a huge love for the old wrist candy.

6Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Wed Dec 20 2023, 17:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wore a watch when I was about a teenager. I then never bothered as it didn't go with my gold bracelet at the time so relied on the phone for the time.

I purchased a couple of years ago an Apple smart watch series 3 I got brand new at just £50 off Amazon which I thought was a real bargain but couldn't get used to it being on my wrist etc so gave it to the Mrs to upgrade her old series 1/2 watch she had.

Since I had my stroke, I bought a series 7 watch that has some health functions on it for Atrial FIbrilation and beats per minute etc which I thought would give me a guidline for if I needed to see a doctor or go to hospital for instance.

I have to say I love wearing a watch now. I can even pay for stuff by contactless with it!

7Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Wed Dec 20 2023, 23:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I wore a watch when I was about a teenager. I then never bothered as it didn't go with my gold bracelet at the time so relied on the phone for the time.

I purchased a couple of years ago an Apple smart watch series 3 I got brand new at just £50 off Amazon which I thought was a real bargain but couldn't get used to it being on my wrist etc so gave it to the Mrs to upgrade her old series 1/2 watch she had.

Since I had my stroke, I bought a series 7 watch that has some health functions on it for Atrial FIbrilation and beats per minute etc which I thought would give me a guidline for if I needed to see a doctor or go to hospital for instance.

I have to say I love wearing a watch now. I can even pay for stuff by contactless with it!
A mate of mine has one of those watches with only one hand. I just don't get it. Got the time mate? Ashampoo_snap_2013-06-29_21h35m01s_026_

8Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Thu Dec 21 2023, 09:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would struggle to tell the time with that Bonce Very Happy

9Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Thu Dec 21 2023, 11:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My kids can't even read a traditional clock, just not something they use these days  Shocked

10Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Thu Dec 21 2023, 12:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:My kids can't even read a traditional clock, just not something they use these days  Shocked
I bought my nephew an automatic dive watch with a screw down crown
He didn't understand how to unscrew the crown, and when he managed it, he couldn't work out how to change the date.
Has no problems with an iPhone of course.

11Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Sun Dec 24 2023, 23:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Since I  retired 9 years ago I’ve not bothered with a watch and rarely take my phone with me.
Why bother? Who cares what time it is?

12Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Mon Dec 25 2023, 00:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Haven’t worn one since getting an iPhone. I’ve resisted the Apple Watch so far because I don’t need any more fucking notifications about deadlines or meetings or raspberry seedless jam running low. But, if I discover that there are genuine health benefits to owning one I’ll be tempted. I do kinda miss wearing one.

13Got the time mate? Empty Re: Got the time mate? Mon Dec 25 2023, 22:22

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well I stopped wearing one when the batteries wore out and since I always take my phone with me if I leave the house I can’t say I’ve missed wearing one. I’ve never really been into expensive watches, as long as it told me the time it was fine by me so I certainly wouldn’t buy a Rolex even if I could afford one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum