Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 48]

821Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 25 2021, 12:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I don’t believe the official stats for the uk TBH.
And there’s a difference between voluntarily apologising for a new measure in advance and blurting out an “apology” retrospectively when asked a direct question on national television. 
The former was “sorry guys but we have to do this - it’s for your own good” whilst the latter was “you’ve caught me out so I’ll say some nice words to minimise damage to my popularity”.

But you knew that when you posted your original inflammatory comment didn’t you?

Hahaha!

You DO crack me up!!!!

Instead of just saying you'd forgot all about Johnson's apology, you've concocted some utter bollocks instead - all to avoid admitting you were wrong on the internet!

:rofl:

As for not believing the UK figuers - which you've mentioned you don't several times before - then you must not believe the Office for National Statistics, which is independent of the government and reports directly to Parliament.

So do you think they are telling lies too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_for_National_Statistics
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases

Don't you also think it's a bit strange that people like Starmer (politicians), Maugham (activists) and Piers Morgan (journalists) have all accepted our mortality figures to be true during all of this - but you don't!!!!

You do make my day at times!!!

And all because you don't want ever to be seen to be wrong!

Even on the internet!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

822Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 26 2021, 08:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You never give up maligning me do you pal? Apart from when you’re maligning someone else that is.
I’d re-read the excess deaths figures (now getting back to normal even though it’s too late for the dead) and the articles about the government changing the reporting criteria back in August which shows by their own admission they accepted they were misreporting.
Plenty of justification for doubting the figures.
But you carry on chasing your tail in circles - we’d expect nothing less from a sad muppet like you. 😄

823Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 26 2021, 14:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:You never give up maligning me do you pal? Apart from when you’re maligning someone else that is.
I’d re-read the excess deaths figures (now getting back to normal even though it’s too late for the dead) and the articles about the government changing the reporting criteria back in August which shows by their own admission they accepted they were misreporting.
Plenty of justification for doubting the figures.
But you carry on chasing your tail in circles - we’d expect nothing less from a sad muppet like you. 😄

Maligning you - hahaha!!!

I'm just calling out your bullshit mate not wishing evil on you???

As for the 'sad muppet that I am, I do like to look at the facts rather than believe everything on social media that fuels my existing hatred and prejudicies like you clearly do and it really isn't that hard to find independent authoritive bodies that can confirm factual things such as the death rate stats for this country.

The Nuffield Trust for instance (a charitable trust with the mission of improving health care in the UK through evidence and analysis) publishes a very detailed report on Covid death which I link to below.

Did you know that two thirds of all excess deaths in England and Wales in the year 13th March 2020 to 12th March 2021 happened in the first two months - when (and I have said often) the country simply wasn't prepared to deal with the pandemic in either resources or fact based knowledge.

Seems the government did somewhat ok after that as evidenced how several EU countrys death rates are now hugher than ours for the ten months from May 2020 onwards.

You and your mates on social media can believe whatever far fetched conspiracies you want to, I'll just stick to the facts.

Tell me again which one of us is the 'sad muppet'!

Very Happy

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/news-item/measuring-mortality-during-covid-19-a-q-a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuffield_Trust

824Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 26 2021, 16:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

825Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Mar 28 2021, 22:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should be interesting to see how this experiment turns out.
With the vast majority of people not having Covid and large events such as concerts and footie matches being cancelled and folk going bonkers because they can’t get out or even go to work it seems that a same day testing programme with results sent to phones- effectively a one off passport- could get the country moving again.

Obviously it depends on the efficacy of the testing and it discriminates against people who don’t have phones but if the testing cost was borne by the employer/organiser it could be a low cost solution.

See what happens.

826Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 29 2021, 01:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:As for G20 deaths - do you or anyone else really believe the stats from places like Russia, China, Mexico and Brazil?

I certainly don't.

Covid-19: Mexico revises coronavirus death toll up by 60%

Mexico has published revised figures indicating that the number of deaths caused by coronavirus is 60% higher than previously reported.

More than 321,000 people are now believed to have died from Covid-19 in the country.

The revised toll places Mexico with the second highest number of Covid-related deaths in the world, after the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-56558059

827Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 29 2021, 16:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the r rate already back over 1 for the first time in a couple of months article here it seems inevitable that it will spike again, hopefully not as bad as previously. 
I guess with kids going back to school and today’s relaxation of rules at least there won’t be as many folk going bonkers.

828Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 29 2021, 17:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:With the r rate already back over 1 for the first time in a couple of months article here it seems inevitable that it will spike again, hopefully not as bad as previously. 
I guess with kids going back to school and today’s relaxation of rules at least there won’t be as many folk going bonkers.

Have you read the article?

It doesn't say the R rate is back over 1???

It's simply one blokes prediction that it is!

More social contacts will obviously allow more spread but I prefer to wait for Whitty and Van Tam to tell us what the R rate is than someone 'trending' on social media.

829Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Apr 09 2021, 01:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Read an interesting article about the EU policy on vaccines today which shed a new light on the Tory media's crowing about the UK having a faster vaccination programme than the EU.

Turns out that 80% of the vaccines administered in the UK to date have been imported - 5 million from India and the balance of the 80% from the EU directly with only 20% being manufactured in the UK.

Rather than follow a policy of "us first" like the UK and the US, the European Union has become the single largest contributor to the WHO's international Covax programme which provides vaccines around the world including those countries which are disadvantaged, and although their production is significantly higher than the UK they have taken a global perspective realising that the problem will persist unless all countries are supported - and in the process making many friends along the way.
Ironically, despite this policy, it is estimated that to reach "herd immunity" aka a sustainably low R number the EU will only be 2 to 3 months behind the UK.
But they will come out of this having saved far more lives, with their heads held high - and potentially with a long term economic advantage as a result.

830Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed May 12 2021, 16:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Covid: Bolton Indian variant surge leaves hospitality nervous

Hospitality businesses in a town experiencing a fresh spike in Covid cases have told of their concerns as pubs and cafes prepare to open indoors.

Bolton has one of the highest instances of the Indian variant in the UK and is seeing a particularly sharp rise in cases among unvaccinated under-25s.

As lockdown rules prepare to ease on Monday, pubs and restaurants in the town are sounding a note of caution.

Analysis - BBC health correspondent Dominic Hughes

This spike is related to international travel, particularly with people returning to Bolton from India.

The cases are now in the community and it seems to be located around the south and south-west [Daubill and Deane areas (unsurprisingly!) - Sluffy] parts of the town.

Interestingly, the cases are very much stacked in those under the age of 25.

There were 721 cases reported yesterday [I think he means cases in the last seven days - Sluffy] in those aged five to 25.

Part of this is because all the school children are testing twice a week, but it is very much present in that younger age group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57075618

831Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu May 13 2021, 18:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton now has the highest rate in the country.

832Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu May 13 2021, 18:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bolton now has the highest rate in the country.

It's had the highest rate in the country from the 11th May.

Today's table below - Note the rate has gone up in just two days from 193 to 261 per 100k population!!!

833Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri May 14 2021, 15:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoJo is holding a press conference at 5pm about the Indian variant, is there a chance Bolton could go into another local lock down?

834Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri May 14 2021, 15:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s just a merry go round now Norpig. 

We have around another 3 years of this if you look at the length of other pandemics in history.

835Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri May 14 2021, 16:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:BoJo is holding a press conference at 5pm about the Indian variant, is there a chance Bolton could go into another local lock down?

I think that local lockdowns may now be considered not to work - people just travel out of the district and spread infections further.

I also see it being politically important to Boris to carry on with the current timetable to unlock further on the 17th (next Monday) so I can see that going ahead.

I further think they will try their best to meet the end deadline of 21st June too by speeding up the jabs in areas like Bolton that clearly are badly effected by the Indian strain.

The bottom line as always is that there simply have been too many people not doing what they should (both white and black) and it's pretty clear that people returning from India have brought the virus back and it has spread because of how they live in large family homes and that their kids have spread the virus at schools who then have taken it home to their large family units too.

Before anyone starts calling me racist, the following is from the BBC -

Vaccines Minister Mr Zahawi said the government was also considering reducing the gap between vaccine doses for people in areas where the variant is spreading.

He added that pilots of vaccinating younger people in multi-generational households in Luton had been successful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57109660

"We've got higher rates in the younger age groups, but the increases are now happening across all the under 60s," says Lynn Donkin, the assistant director of public health in Bolton.

"That suggests to me that we've got transmission within households and that's now part of the situation here."

"But we've now got a picture of widespread community transmission, associated with all sorts of different settings."

Those settings are thought to include a number of schools which have sent home classes to self-isolate.

In Bolton, the B.1.617.2 variant now makes up the majority of new coronavirus cases.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 _118498910_msoa_map_bolton_cases-nc

Attention has been focused on just a handful of neighbourhoods to the south of town centre - Rumworth, Deane and Great Lever.  [Note - the dark blue epicentre shown on the map is Daubhill]

About half of new cases detected in Bolton over the last week have come from those three areas alone.

The local council has been targeting the area for some weeks now, with mobile testing units, leaflets in Hindi and Gujarati, and door-to-door visits, handing out self-testing kits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57094274

It is what it is but as always if people had done everything they should have - including self-isolate for the required time when returning from abroad - we simply would not have the problem we have now.

The good news though is that those of us who have had the jab seem to be as safe from this strain as any other one the bad news for the people of Bolton and no doubt elsewhere too is that the areas worst effected (Dauhill etc) are also the areas where there have been the lowest take up of vaccination.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 _118498911_msoa_map_bolton_vax-nc

I guess the bottom line will be what vaccination stocks the government can get its hands on and how quickly they can roll that out to the public (who wants the jab!).

As it happens I've just had my second jab today.

Lucky me!

836Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun May 16 2021, 12:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The UK has "increasing confidence" that Covid-19 vaccines work against the Indian variant of the virus, the health secretary has said.

Scientists believe that the variant is more transmissible and cases of it nearly tripled to 1,313 in the past week in England.

But Matt Hancock said early lab data showed vaccines remained effective.

He said the majority of those in hospital in Bolton - a hotspot for the Indian variant - were unvaccinated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57134181

837Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun May 16 2021, 15:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pretty rich coming from that lying turd. If we had to drop a tear for all his past stupidity we'd flood the low countries.

838Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun May 16 2021, 16:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Pretty rich coming from that lying turd. If we had to drop a tear for all his past stupidity we'd flood the low countries.

Hancock or Mackenzie?

Either way the point I was trying to bring out which I alluded to in my previous post on Friday is that ones in Bolton effected most by the variant are those in the high risk groups who have chosen not to have the jab when it had be offered to them.

The bottom line being those of us who are in the higher risk groups and who have had our jabs seem to be safe in so far as the current research is showing.

839Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun May 16 2021, 17:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Hancock or Mackenzie?

Either way the point I was trying to bring out which I alluded to in my previous post on Friday is that ones in Bolton effected most by the variant are those in the high risk groups who have chosen not to have the jab when it had be offered to them.

The bottom line being those of us who are in the higher risk groups and who have had our jabs seem to be safe in so far as the current research is showing.
MacKenzie of course. The Scientologists won't have the jab either, but that's another story. I don't know what Tom Cruise is worried about.
It's only a little prick.

840Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 42 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun May 16 2021, 17:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scientology is a cult. God knows how it’s allowed in the UK.

Tom cruise is a right bellend too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum