Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Three relegated Norwich players heading for Bolton!

+5
wanderlust
xmiles
Keegan
Cajunboy
gloswhite
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

We both know the truth of the matter.

I've done playing games.

Try me if you doubt it.

Completely unnecessary from you again Sluffy.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Completely unnecessary from you again Sluffy.
Blimey, Sluffy's turning into Dirty Harry!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Guys, the 'joke' wasn't funny to me and in the context of where the world is today, do we want Nuts to be a safe haven for saying things that would not be accepted in the wider society? Sluffy chose to warn the poster and is getting stic for it. Would the response have been the same if I had been the one to warn him? When last I checked, I was still a moderator on this forum although there is very little I need to do here - you are all usually a great bunch of lads, with the odd (and occasionally very odd) exception. What's done is done - can we all just get along?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan the post was old fashioned humour which these days may be seen to be not suitable to all people but no way do i believe Lusty was being homophobic.

My problem and maybe mine alone is with Sluffy and his personal issues with Lusty and even more crazily xmiles. Threatening to close down the site and banning people for daring not to agree with him are not good ways to run a forum.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Keegan the post was old fashioned humour which these days may be seen to be not suitable to all people but no way do i believe Lusty was being homophobic.

My problem and maybe mine alone is with Sluffy and his personal issues with Lusty and even more crazily xmiles. Threatening to close down the site and banning people for daring not to agree with him are not good ways to run a forum.
Funny is funny. I've been watching a set from Dave Chapelle tonight, and he's bloody hilarious. Treads on some toes, but all the better for that.
I have a box set of It Ain't Half Hot Mum, that I'm now supposed to be outraged by. But darn it, it still makes me laugh.
These are strange times. I remember Lenny Henry 'whiting up' for a movie!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Funny is funny, and tastes will differ. I just think that this became far more than it needed to - that's all. One of my favourite shows is South Park - I doubt any comedian or show steps on as many toes, so I doubt I'm overly sensitive.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:Guys, the 'joke' wasn't funny to me and in the context of where the world is today, do we want Nuts to be a safe haven for saying things that would not be accepted in the wider society? Sluffy chose to warn the poster and is getting stic for it. Would the response have been the same if I had been the one to warn him? When last I checked, I was still a moderator on this forum although there is very little I need to do here - you are all usually a great bunch of lads, with the odd (and occasionally very odd) exception. What's done is done - can we all just get along?

Thanks Keegan, someone telling it how it is rather than taking sides on who they like the best on here!

Appreciated.

And as far as I'm aware you still have full moderate powers on here.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Keegan the post was old fashioned humour which these days may be seen to be not suitable to all people but no way do i believe Lusty was being homophobic.

Telling homophobic jokes IS being homophobic in just the same way as telling a racist joke IS being racist ffs!!!

Yes indeed you DO have a problem with me.

There's more that's goes on, on forums, over the years, than you see, games are played.

I once tried to explain a part of it to you a few years ago but you didn't want to know.

And for the millionth time, I've never banned anyone for disagreeing with me!

Bread and Wanderlust have been banned multiple times for abuse, people have had bans for racist remarks and one or two have had a days rest to end their 'game' playing for the good of the rest of the site.

No one, and I emphasise, no one, has ever been banned for disagreeing with me.

But feel free to believe whatever you want.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:

No one, and I emphasise, no one, has ever been banned for disagreeing with me.

In that case please explain to me why you banned me. I honestly do not know.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never played games on here what you see is what you get. You have turned into a very paranoid and petty man in the last year or so which is what i have an issue with. 

I'm not taking sides i don't actually know either of you i just go off what i read.

I don't know why i bother even trying to explain myself to you as you are so stubborn it's unbelievable. I'll not bother in future and may even not bother posting again.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Guys, the 'joke' wasn't funny to me and in the context of where the world is today, do we want Nuts to be a safe haven for saying things that would not be accepted in the wider society? Sluffy chose to warn the poster and is getting stic for it. Would the response have been the same if I had been the one to warn him? When last I checked, I was still a moderator on this forum although there is very little I need to do here - you are all usually a great bunch of lads, with the odd (and occasionally very odd) exception. What's done is done - can we all just get along?

If you were the one to warn him you’d have received the same reaction.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This site would flourish without sluffy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look - it was a very, very old joke and I'm very sorry if it upset anyone. The humour I was attempting was based on Sluffy's snide comment about a transfer rumour I flagged up that had already appeared as "news" rather than 'rumour" which has a dedicated thread for that specific purpose - a snide comment which is there for all to see. If the old joke upset anyone again I'm sorry.

That said, I don't believe it upset Sluffy despite his "holier than thou" protestations as it came across as yet another attempt to have a go at me for absolutely anything I write or opinion I express - presumably laying the groundwork for attempting to justify another ban. The pattern is there for all to see. He tries to wind me up constantly and provoke me into saying something - anything - that he can use to get rid. He obviously doesn't like me and we all know it. Nobody else has to endure the same level of provocation or is subject to the same degree of aggressive scrutiny - so thanks to everyone for recognising what is really going on here.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've calmed down a bit now since my earlier post and i'm going nowhere.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I've never played games on here what you see is what you get. You have turned into a very paranoid and petty man in the last year or so which is what i have an issue with. 

I'm not taking sides i don't actually know either of you i just go off what i read.

I don't know why i bother even trying to explain myself to you as you are so stubborn it's unbelievable. I'll not bother in future and may even not bother posting again.

Thank you for trying to explain yourself to me.

You miss my point completely though, it isn't you that has played games on here - it's one or two others - and what you see from them isn't always what it seems on the face of it!

As everything I say to you seems to rile you up more, I'll leave it at that.

Fwiw I'm pleased you have decide to stay.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I've calmed down a bit now since my earlier post and i'm going nowhere.
If you do eventually go anywhere, can you get me a bag of mint imperials and a Racing Post?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy not everything you say riles me up, we've had many exchanges and most of the time with absolutely no issues and we can have a laugh and a discussion.

I'm not going to bang on about it anymore, i'll find something else to moan about instead  Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
If you do eventually go anywhere, can you get me a bag of mint imperials and a Racing Post?
 Where will i find a shop from the 1950's?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Look - it was a very, very old joke and I'm very sorry if it upset anyone. The humour I was attempting was based on Sluffy's snide comment about a transfer rumour I flagged up that had already appeared as "news" rather than 'rumour" which has a dedicated thread for that specific purpose - a snide comment which is there for all to see. If the old joke upset anyone again I'm sorry.

That said, I don't believe it upset Sluffy despite his "holier than thou" protestations as it came across as yet another attempt to have a go at me for absolutely anything I write or opinion I express - presumably laying the groundwork for attempting to justify another ban. The pattern is there for all to see. He tries to wind me up constantly and provoke me into saying something - anything - that he can use to get rid. He obviously doesn't like me and we all know it. Nobody else has to endure the same level of provocation or is subject to the same degree of aggressive scrutiny - so thanks to everyone for recognising what is really going on here.

We go round in circles again.

The 'joke' didn't upset me - I've heard before years and years ago - it wasn't funny then either.  

Back then I used to enjoy comedians like Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson too - but that was thirty/forty years ago or more.

Like it or not the world's changed since then and the humour too.

What's fun to some people is hurtful to others - there even laws now about 'Hate Crimes' based on how how you behave to people of minorities.

Wanderlust 'joke' was main stream and acceptable less than 30 years ago, the same joke now is deemed homophobic and is unacceptable now.

The world has moved on and those left behind like Wanderlust and myself and thus like us have got to deal with that or become dinosaurs/ social pariahs.

Wanderlust may well live in a bubble where jokes like these and whatever other attitudes he may have are accepted (or more like tolerated) but in the wider world which includes social media they most certainly are not by the vast majority and simply unacceptable on here - and more to the point always have been - this isn't a new rule we've just introduced, it's been there from the very start of Nuts.

Also clearly more than a few believe the conspiracy theory than I'm laying some sort of master plan to trap Wanderlust in order to ban him from here.

Well if that really was my intention I could simply have given him a straight red following his homophobic joke and not the yellow I did.

I did so to keep him on the forum ffs!!!

Wish I hadn't bothered now - it resulted in exactly the same shit I would have received if I had banned him and made me out to be the bad guy in all this and not Wanderlust who made the homophobic post in the first place!

Well at least, and after a considerably long wait, he's finally apologised, so we might as well all move on.

Unless of course someone else wants to lob in a hand grenade or two for their own amusement?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum