Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best TV show or movie during lockdown?

+10
wanderlust
xmiles
okocha
Hip Priest
doffcocker
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don’t argue about it. Purpose is to recommend shit to others. I’m enjoying Norsemen on Netflix.

Go...

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Something we found, and its really funny, is Schitts Creek, on Netflix. Worth a look at this dysfunctional family.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've been doing a bit of catch up, I highly recommend these BBC documentaries - China A New World Order, Once Upon a Time in Iraq and the drams (based on truth) A Very English Scandal.

Non of them may sound 'must see viewing' I know but believe me they are.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm addicted to 'Always Sunny In Philadelphia' on Netflix. Definitely not PC, but oh so funny.

Also on Netflix, 'Into The Night' about a group of plane passengers caught mid-air as the sun starts to kill everything in its path.

As for films, the best I've seen is 'The Old Guard', again on Netflix.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Film - Joker

TV series - Mrs America, What We Do in the Shadows, Rick and Morty, Better Call Saul

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've enjoyed some of the "Walter presents" series on All 4 - I love suspense thrillers, especially the edgier ones like Before We Die, Killer by the Lake, 13 Commandments etc. A lot of the others tend to be gentle police dramas. Some crackers on Netflix too.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mapleworth Murders on Quibi.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A recent series that I looked at out of curiosity, but ended up really enjoying, was the new Perry Mason series. Nothing like the slick American version of the 60s/70/s. highly recommended.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Also just finished the second series of Das Boot. 5/5 for this one too.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:A recent series that I looked at out of curiosity, but ended up really enjoying, was the new Perry Mason series. Nothing like the slick American version of the 60s/70/s. highly recommended.

I liked it but some bits didn't work for me. I will be interested in the second series though.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If like me you love a good crime drama thriller and don't mind subtitles (or are fluent in Danish/Swedish/Icelandic, etc) some of the Scandinavian series you can get on DVD are ace.

The Bridge, The Killing, Trapped, to name a few.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Film;  The Joker

Series: 
Normal People, BBC1
The Test (Aussie cricket team documentary) Amazon Prime
Once Upon A Time in Iraq BBC1
Budgie (Rerun of early Seventies drama starring the excellent Adam Faith) Talking Pictures
Catweazle (Rerun of early 70's kids series - Pure nostalgiafest) Talking Pictures

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Best repeats of progs we missed first time around, all superb.....lockdown was great for catching up:-

Broadchurch
Chernobyl
Line of Duty... Series one (as brilliant as all the others in the series)

Most surprisingly entertaining film: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:Best repeats of progs we missed first time around, all superb.....lockdown was great for catching up:-

Broadchurch
Chernobyl
Line of Duty... Series one (as brilliant as all the others in the series)

Most surprisingly entertaining film: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

We have been re-watching Line of Duty too. Mercurio is great at building tension and catching you by surprise although there are a few glaring improbabilities when you think about it afterwards.

doffcocker wrote:If like me you love a good crime drama thriller and don't mind subtitles (or are fluent in Danish/Swedish/Icelandic, etc) some of the Scandinavian series you can get on DVD are ace.

The Bridge, The Killing, Trapped, to name a few.

All brilliant, would also recommend Borgen if you haven’t seen it. Political drama (sounds dry but it’s not).

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Don’t argue about it. Purpose is to recommend shit to others. I’m enjoying Norsemen on Netflix.

Go...
I was looking forward to a historical drama like the excellent "Last Kingdom" when I watched episode 1 of this and it turned out to be a slapstick comedy which TBH wasn't that funny. Took me about 10 minutes to realise it was supposed to be funny which is never a good sign.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

All brilliant, would also recommend Borgen if you haven’t seen it. Political drama (sounds dry but it’s not).
BORGEN is brilliant on so many levels.

Watch it you will be hooked.

Laverne Tucker

David Ngog
David Ngog

Listas IPTV is a continuously updated list of great and exciting action movies and TV channels, you can download Listas IPTV with a lot of interesting things.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Laverne Tucker wrote:Listas IPTV is a continuously updated list of great and exciting action movies and TV channels, you can download Listas IPTV with a lot of interesting things.

BEWARE!

This post was made by someone showing a Vietnamease ip adress.

Nuts does not endorse the post nor its content.

20Best TV show or movie during lockdown? Empty you ytv player Fri Jul 16 2021, 04:13

IsaacHayes

David Ngog
David Ngog

I don't like Netflix at all, a paid app and encounter a lot of ads instead I chose You TV Player to watch movies and movies, I find it completely free and very good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum