Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Megan Be Allowed To Go?

+9
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
xmiles
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For those of you not following the news, Megan Stammers is a 15 year old girl from Eastbourne who has run away with her 30 year old teacher, possibly to France according to police.

Now before you all get your jumbo y-fronts in a twist, let's remember she is almost 16. In a matter of months it would have been perfectly legal for her to run away with anyone she chooses.

But, as usual, the media are painting the picture of a predatory peadophile snatching an innocent child from the streets. The truth is quite different according to her friends, the two are in love and Megan is more than a willing participant.

There is no doubt the teacher is bang out of order and should obviously never teach again, but is he a peadophile? Do you think the police should be wasting time on a case like this or should the young lovers be allowed to bugger off to Europe and start a life together?

I am genuinely interested in what people think.

2Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:14

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If that was my Daughter, i would be over there and chop his fucking nuts off.

3Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If she was 16 or 17, rightly or wrongly, the teacher would still be deemed to be abusing his position of trust. If he isn't dealt with severely, it makes a mockery of the education system.
In terms of the ethicality of what they've done, I think the only relevant point is how the girl's family feel. The parents have had a child stolen from them.

4Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oops. I didn't realise he was married. Add that to the ethical issues. Slimy bastard!

5Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is twice her age for a start and probably her first 'boyfriend'. He might be getting his end away at the moment but it will come at a price. When the pair are eventually apprehended I can see him being charged with abduction of a minor. The prosecution may find it difficult to convict him if Megan refuses to co-operate with the cps and the cops because they always need a victim, which she is clearly not.

Nevertheless, the law is designed to protect gullible, naive, under age girls from the attentions of predatory Lotharios posing as Prince Charming.

If found guilty I am confident a custodial sentence will follow.

6Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 14:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know what you're saying nat, all the signs point to this being 100% consensual, the girl wants to be there so he certainly hasn't kidnapped her. I don't know if it's turned sexual yet either, but you have to assume so.

that said how stupid do you have to be, i mean what did he think would happen? I've no doubt he'll be charged with all sorts when they get back and the girl will be back in school doing her GCSE's, Sorry baccalaureates.

7Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 14:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
In terms of the ethicality of what they've done, I think the only relevant point is how the girl's family feel. The parents have had a child stolen from them.

I see your point, but I'm trying to look at this from the girls point of view - when I was 15 I knew exactly what I wanted and was mature enough to accept any consequences. If this girl wants to run away with her teacher then shouldn't she be allowed to do so?

8Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 14:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: I don't know if it's turned sexual yet.

You have got to be kidding. The whole point of the trip to France was for a dirty weekend deep under duvet. If he had any fcuking brains in his jockey shorts he would have waited until she was sixteen. As it is he will probably be barred from working with children ever again.

9Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 14:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

You have got to be kidding. The whole point of the trip to France was for a dirty weekend deep under duvet. If he had any fcuking brains in his jockey shorts he would have waited until she was sixteen. As it is he will probably be barred from working with children ever again.

You don't know that, he might have kept it in his y-fronts. Perhaps this is the greatest love story since Phil Neal & Julian Darby?

10Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 14:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote: I don't know if it's turned sexual yet.

I'm not kidding, I don't know. I said i'd assume it has, but short of tracking them down and doing tests i'll never know.

11Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 14:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps the trip was of an academic nature. Maybe he is just giving her extra mural lessons to get her through her exams ?

Bollocks! the dirty bugger will be slipping her a length. Nowt more certain.

If she was my daughter I would not be impressed with his conduct. Lovestruck or not. He is a 30 year old teacher and should know better.

12Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 14:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with all thats been said of the guy but "grooming" and "kidnapping" are words being banded about.

Not to sure about that.

13Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 15:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

She is stupid and he is even more stupid.

14Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 15:50

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Angry Dad wrote:She is stupid and he is even more stupid.

True but he is seriously out of order. He has abused his position as a teacher and deserves all the grief he is going to get.

15Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 15:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:He has abused his position as a teacher and deserves all the grief he is going to get.

True, and I agree with you, but I want to know how people feel about a 15 year old being able to decide her own destiny. When I was 15 I did exactly what I wanted - not all my decisions were for the best, but would it have been any different had I been 30?

16Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 15:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Some 15 year olds might be capable of making this kind of decision for themselves - you don't magically become an adult just because you turn 16 even if it is legally so. But given she has decided a to run off with a married man twice her age she clearly hasn't made a very sensible decision. It will only end in tears and him in prison. So in her case the answer is no, she's an idiot.

17Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 16:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote: But given she has decided a to run off with a married man twice her age she clearly hasn't made a very sensible decision. It will only end in tears and him in prison. So in her case the answer is no, she's an idiot.

Plenty of people run off with people many years their senior. The guy who's paying for my tits is 20 years older than me. At 15 she should be able to say "yes, I will run off with my English teacher even though, technically, it's illegal".

18Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 21:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? _63111042_63111037

doesn't look like a kidnapping to me!

19Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 21:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She clearly consents to being with him but because she is only 15 the law deems that she is still a juvenile and not able to make up her own mind.

Is that a bottle of Ginseng in his right hand ?

20Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Tue Sep 25 2012, 21:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks like a bottle of Mountain Dew energy.

Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Dew500ml-1

I hope the detectives are as clued up as me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum