Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Megan Be Allowed To Go?

+9
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
xmiles
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 11:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy to wade in with another sweeping generalisation if it helps. IMO 15 year olds know enough to be dangerous and are generally desperate to claim their own identity, usually without the accompanying responsibility. During this completely natural process they invariably make mistakes that they'll wonder about in later years but they have the right to do that and it's all part of the learning process. We are all irrational anyway. How many of us have gone through life still loving our first loves, still hanging with the group of friends we once thought were the coolest thing since sliced bread and the best people the world has ever produced, still liking the bands and clothes that we once thought would never be bettered? We change and I'm confident that this girl will one day realise that she made a bad move.

The guy on the other hand should know better. Even if they are genuinely in love and in the best possible case secenario he should surely have been aware that running away with her would:

- freak out her family and potentially damage her relationship with them

- that their obvious disparity in age would get the attention of the public and the media

- that it was in breach of UK law

None of these things were in the interest of the girl, let alone his own wife. If they were genuinely in love he should have manned up about it, sorted things out with his missus and at least got the girl to contact her family to reassure them and tried to find a way to make it work, even if that meant waiting for a year or so. There were clearly issues to be sorted out, truths to be faced up to and responsibilities to be taken but he ran away from them. He is therefore a cowardly manipulator IMO.

42Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 11:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You pair of old goats, have you forgotten what being in love is like? Your heart rules, not your brain. Did you not do silly things when you were in love?

43Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 12:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:What interest me is what will happen to her, the poor 'victim' in all this ?

Apparently she will be seeing a social worker. That should sort things out. Rolling Eyes

44Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 12:19

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:What interest me is what will happen to her, the poor 'victim' in all this ?

Apparently she will be seeing a social worker. That should sort things out. Rolling Eyes

Max Clifford, by any chance?

45Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:16

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

You would have thought he would be able to do the maths wouldn't you?? just wait till she was 16 and all he would have been getting was dirty looks, now his jobs gone, wife's no doubt gone, collar felt big time, and signatory on the sex-pest register, and a new career of being on Jeremy Kyle every week to look forward to., Brilliant maths mate. Some people really are thick as shit and deserve all they get. he should've be arrested on the basis of being totally stupid with the possibility of him passing on 'stupid genes'

46Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:You would have thought he would be able to do the maths wouldn't you?? just wait till she was 16 and all he would have been getting was dirty looks, now his jobs gone, wife's no doubt gone, collar felt big time, and signatory on the sex-pest register, and a new career of being on Jeremy Kyle every week to look forward to., Brilliant maths mate. Some people really are thick as shit and deserve all they get. he should've be arrested on the basis of being totally stupid with the possibility of him passing on 'stupid genes'

Alf, you've clearly never been in love. The sort of love that makes you do irrational things.

47Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah like them wife beaters. "I do it cos i luv her"

48Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah like them wife beaters. "I do it cos i luv her"

There's no suggestion he beat her at all. Stop trying to be controversial.

49Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Read again.

50Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:27

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Alf Hooker wrote:You would have thought he would be able to do the maths wouldn't you?? just wait till she was 16 and all he would have been getting was dirty looks, now his jobs gone, wife's no doubt gone, collar felt big time, and signatory on the sex-pest register, and a new career of being on Jeremy Kyle every week to look forward to., Brilliant maths mate. Some people really are thick as shit and deserve all they get. he should've be arrested on the basis of being totally stupid with the possibility of him passing on 'stupid genes'

Alf, you've clearly never been in love. The sort of love that makes you do irrational things.
I used to be in love with Bolton Wanderers I love you and I'm married - possibly the most irrational moment of my life!

Last edited by Alf Hooker on Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added to)

51Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Megan Be Allowed To Go? Sun Sep 30 2012, 14:56

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Saw the first episode of Bad Education this morning, offering the following insight on the subject

Alfie: Chantelle, have you not got a class to be preparing for?

Chantelle: Maths, we're doing fractions. Apparently twenty-three won't go into fifteen. Mrs Mollinson says it's impossible. - We'll see about that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum