Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy birthday Johnny.

+11
y2johnny
Hip Priest
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
okocha
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 9:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I was always amazed at the difference a dog makes on a walk. Alone, no one bothers you, but have a dog in tow, and everyone wants to chat. Some people give you a family history. Pain in the arse sometimes.
Once I met someone off the telly box! It was only Bob Greaves, but I considered him a friend after our three minute conversation.
Name dropper! I once met Harold Hassall's brother whilst out with the dog. You're too young to remember Harold, Boncey. Classy player but never played again after being crocked playing against Chelsea on New Years Day 1955

122Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 9:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got an autographed picture of Harold, scoring on his debut against Scotland, at Wembley in 1951.
England went on to lose 3-2.
Never saw him in the flesh of course.

123Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 11:08

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I've got an autographed picture of Harold, scoring on his debut against Scotland, at Wembley in 1951.
England went on to lose 3-2.
Never saw him in the flesh of course.
Harold played for England five times scoring four goals. He was also a schoolmaster and later a Senior  Lecturer at Padgate Training College.

I remember the sad day his football career was ended quite well. Chelsea won the championship that year but had to wait another 50 years before doing so again. At the Reebok as it happened.

124Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 11:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here he is training for that England debut, with Billy Wright, Tom Finney and Harry Cockburn.

Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 England-players-in-training-at-arsenals-highbury-ground-in-london-picture-id2989717?k=6&m=2989717&s=612x612&w=0&h=gFkaEgrif3DZm8WcTatFTX-oRVkln9qPoYqqfDGWW_I=

125Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 13:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

How did a Happy Birthday thread turn into a bromance between bonce and Bob? Surprised

126Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 13:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boncey is taking one for the team keeping Bob happy  Very Happy

127Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 15:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You haven't grasped it. Smile

128Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 17:59

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:You haven't grasped it. Smile
Its a team, Boncey, and you're going to get dropped if you don't shape up.
Can you not adjust your standards so that you'll fit in better? A few foul-mouthed expletives, a touch of scurvy and a  bit of, you know, nit wittedness could work wonders.

129Happy birthday Johnny. - Page 7 Empty Re: Happy birthday Johnny. Wed 4 Nov - 18:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Its a team, Boncey, and you're going to get dropped if you don't shape up.
Can you not adjust your standards so that you'll fit in better? A few foul-mouthed expletives, a touch of scurvy and a  bit of, you know, nit wittedness could work wonders.
I've been getting very lax recently. Sluffy's harsh comments about my slipper posts was a terrible blow, and I couldn't even show my face on chatbox last night.
During lockdown I'm going to beef up my expletives. Urban dictionary is a good place to start, and I'm pretty sure I can come up with a few home made examples.
I'll get stuck in tomorrow. Like Norpig, I've had a touch of the runs over the weekend, and I'm just starting to feel a little better.
🎵The pong is over, but the malady lingers on.🎵

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum