Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 1-1 Mansfield

Bolton 1-1 Mansfield

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Another game for us to endure tomorrow night!

Will Evatt change the team? He may have to upfront as if Delfouneso is injured then we only have Gnahoua left as a striker. I though Darcy did ok when he came on and at least tried to make things happen so he deserves a start.

I hope and pray that Baptiste never plays for us again but i can't see him dropping Crellin just yet.

I'm going for a scrappy 1-1 draw.

2Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:00 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've given up guessing what to expect. Got settled down with my brew and a Chorley Cake on Saturday, and immediately saw us concede a penalty. This one could be anything.

3Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Any win will do also hope the bloody ifollow doesn't play up.

4Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:48 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can see us winning this one.

If we don't, Evans needs to resign.

2-0 to Bolton.

5Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:09 pm

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I can see us winning this one.

If we don't, Evans needs to resign.

2-0 to Bolton.

Fecking hell don’t remember you predicting a win in a while. Can’t decide if that’s good or you’ve signed our death warrant.

I hate predicting our results, clearly a must win though. Think we need Doyle back though, okay against Bradford but think he gives us a cutting edge.

6Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:40 am

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Who knows which BWFC will turn up, it looks like we are stuck with Crellin while Gilks up's his training, so maybe his last chance to shine (he says laughingly) Fonse shoud be back, with Darcy starting reading between the lines, The big question is does he bin Baptise he's the only one in Bolton who would pick him,but he's the one that matters.

Worries me these lot have yet to win, you all know what that really means .........  hoping for a win but am i confident? am i hell.  We maybe Happy  with a draw 1-1

7Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:15 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:26 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Crellin? Baptiste?

Evans out.

10Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I expected Crellin but no idea why he keeps picking Baptiste

11Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:33 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Got myself a big cushion for eveytime they get a free kick or corner !!!!!!

12Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:36 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I expected Crellin but no idea why he keeps picking Baptiste
Shocking. He didn't even see the cancelled shows coming due to the pandemic.

13Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:47 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Shocking. He didn't even see the cancelled shows coming due to the pandemic.
My local that, when it's open

14Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:59 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
\\\they have some good players. Maynard is dangerous in front of goal. But I'm hoping tonight we'll put in a performance.

15Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:56 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Jammy.

16Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:58 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Santos, Delaney were great, a few others were OK but as a team, we totally overplay it, especially around goal and some of the passing and control is just a gift for opposition teams. We need an attacking coach.

17Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:05 pm

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I don’t think it’s to do with overplaying it, I just don’t think we have the runners. Aside from Kioso who is consistently running beyond the ball? Nobody, Delfouneso can’t be fit based on that showing. He was anonymous, and we really miss Doyle. 

White is one of those who doesn’t quite do anything well enough, and I don’t think he’s a defensive midfielder, Tutte is our best option but I don’t think we’re strong there. 

I really don’t rate Gordon, good energy but technically not up to it. What’s Mascoll done to be out the picture immediately after signing? Surely worth a try.

18Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:05 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
great pass for our equaliser, but it does paper over the cracks

19Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:14 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Nothing to do with overplaying, it's only playing for 30 minutes that finds us out, we looked slick for half an hour but you knew that by not scoring they would capitalise on our shocking defence of corners.

To be fair to Mansfield they changed from being awful to first to every ball, Santos thank god we have him.

I don't understand how we can have defenders who are 6'5 + yet never trouble the opposition from corners or set peices or dominate our area at the other end.  Great pass from Crawford but bloody hell it's soul destroying to watch.  Gordon not good enough by a long way.

20Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:00 am

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Just fix one or two things at a time ..... firstly still a silly goal keeper situation.....then we need to find a left winger/wing back whatever you want to call it.  The ball needs to be put in the box a lot faster. We are trying to walk it in.
Side note - who told Crawford that he is channeling Beckham - he is the only person who takes all the free kicks/corners etc.....give somebody else an occasional pop shot.
Anyway as far as tonight goes we just about deserved a draw - but barely.

21Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:22 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nothing to do with overplaying, it's only playing for 30 minutes that finds us out, we looked slick for half an hour but you knew that by not scoring they would capitalise on our shocking defence of corners.

To be fair to Mansfield they changed from being awful to first to every ball, Santos thank god we have him.

I don't understand how we can have defenders who are 6'5 + yet never trouble the opposition from corners or set peices or dominate our area at the other end.  Great pass from Crawford but bloody hell it's soul destroying to watch.  Gordon not good enough by a long way.
I know there are several reasons why we are not performing but overplaying it when we're near their goal is definitely one of them IMO. I saw at least 4 killer passes that were on that they prevaricated over - an extra touch, a poor pass or simply the wrong pass. We were just not direct enough in the final third. It wasn't until Crawford spotted Sarcevic's run and played that great ball that we even looked like being vaguely threatening. 
We can knock it about in the middle and the back ad nauseam - and today it was almost entirely between the middle and the back apart from the occasional hoof and Santos, Baptiste and Delaney getting forward - but if we don't hurt teams they get brave, and to me we were focusing too much on keeping the ball and not enough on hurting them with it even if that entailed risk. I suspect they were given a defensive mindset after the 4 nil. Crawford can pass but he muffed far too many today as did the entire midfield. Kioto was good in defence and is great in the air but got no joy going forward today - we didn't on either wing really. Santos and Delaney were great but I feel for Crellin as his card is marked now and teams will plan to pressurise him so it's going to be a sharp learning curve for the lad. I liked Gnouha again today - he's a trier, athletic, awkward, reasonably physical and I think there's an effective player in there somewhere.
Gordon is nippy and potentially a good player too but was as guilty as anyone for overplaying it e.g. trying to beat players and losing it instead of putting the ball into a scoring area first time - most dangerous cross of the night was from Baptiste FFS. 

More urgency in attack please - not just when the clock is ticking down.

Last edited by wanderlust on Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

22Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:32 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
The goals -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:32 am

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Is it the first time in our history that we are the lowest placed team from our region?

24Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Mansfield Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:37 am

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I know there are several reasons why we are not performing but overplaying it when we're near their goal is definitely one of them IMO. I saw at least 4 killer passes that were on that they prevaricated over - an extra touch, a poor pass or simply the wrong pass. We were just not direct enough in the final third. It wasn't until Crawford spotted Sarcevic's run and played that great ball that we even looked like being vaguely threatening. 
We can knock it about in the middle and the back ad nauseam - and today it was almost entirely between the middle and the back apart from the occasional hoof and Santos, Baptiste and Delaney getting forward - but if we don't hurt teams they get brave, and to me we were focusing too much on keeping the ball and not enough on hurting them with it even if that entailed risk. I suspect they were given a defensive mindset after the 4 nil. Crawford can pass but he muffed far too many today as did the entire midfield. Kioto was good in defence and is great in the air but got no joy going forward today - we didn't on either wing really. Santos and Delaney were great but I feel for Crellin as his card is marked now and teams will plan to pressurise him so it's going to be a sharp learning curve for the lad. I liked Gnouha again today - he's a trier, athletic, awkward, reasonably physical and I think there's an effective player in there somewhere.
Gordon is nippy and potentially a good player too but was as guilty as anyone for overplaying it e.g. trying to beat players and losing it instead of putting the ball into a scoring area first time - most dangerous cross of the night was from Baptiste FFS. 

More urgency in attack please - not just when the clock is ticking down.

I think the high number of sideways/backwards passes are a symptom of a lack of runners and possibly a lack of confidence amongst some to play it forward. Sarcevic’s run for the goal was basically the only burst beyond the back line I can remember one of our forward players making - Kioso tried a couple of times but certainly wasn’t as effective as he has been in previous weeks. 

Doyle is a clever runner so long as he’s not having to drop too deep and I think Darcy can do this. Maybe Isgrove can do too and I hope the plan is to play him at LWB as we're weak there, but I don’t know anything about him. 

Agree Gnahoua can be effective but I don’t think he’s good enough technically to be starting in a team playing this brand of football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum