Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Panorama, Reading, Writing and Rip Offs.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shower of plebs just watching it now, costing our schools a bastard fortune, the robbing Plebs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9561147/Warning-as-schools-are-left-with-huge-debts-in-IT-scam.html

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

you can blame our government for trying to turn all public services in to profit-making businesses, that dirty fat dyke thatcher started all the problems and Cameron is finishing up were she left off...

funny how we are paying more taxes now and its getting spent on less and less public services, now that even leisure centres, schools and soon to be library's are now ran to make profit - you will see more of this happening im afraid.

Its a sad state of affairs really but until we get a government who is more interested in the needs of its minions as opposed to making money for themselves, the future looks pretty bleak...

This is the fault of the politicians, but instead the teachers who sanctioned the purchase of these laptops, did so in good faith all the while thinking of the well-being of its pupils, are being used as scapegoats to move the blame away from the root cause of the issue in the first place - Mr David 'we are all feeling the pinch but dont worry, il be ok' Cameron and Nick 'il lie, and if that fails il lie some more' Clegg and there stupid 'austerity' measures are at fault.

we need a modern day Guy Fawkes to go and blow the cunts up...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I also find it funny that 20% of my wages disappears in to our government's kitty, supposedly to fund public services, public services that are now profit-making private companies...

so were is the money going now?

I wouldn't mind privatisation but, im paying more tax now than we did when all public services were ran by the government... so, im paying more tax to fund what exactly?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:you can blame our government for trying to turn all public services in to profit-making businesses, that dirty fat dyke thatcher started all the problems and Cameron is finishing up were she left off...

funny how we are paying more taxes now and its getting spent on less and less public services, now that even leisure centres, schools and soon to be library's are now ran to make profit - you will see more of this happening im afraid.

Its a sad state of affairs really but until we get a government who is more interested in the needs of its minions as opposed to making money for themselves, the future looks pretty bleak...

This is the fault of the politicians, but instead the teachers who sanctioned the purchase of these laptops, did so in good faith all the while thinking of the well-being of its pupils, are being used as scapegoats to move the blame away from the root cause of the issue in the first place - Mr David 'we are all feeling the pinch but dont worry, il be ok' Cameron and Nick 'il lie, and if that fails il lie some more' Clegg and there stupid 'austerity' measures are at fault.

Are you on drugs? How is this the governments fault?

Let me make it simple for you RR. This is the fault of overpaid, greedy headteachers who thought they could save a few pennies. There will have been a clause in the contract saying the schools were liable for any shortfall from the sponsorship - if this clause wasn't there they would not be liable. So it's a case of not reading the small print, or simply taking a silly risk with public money.

I'm glad these idiots have been sacked.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I also find it funny that 20% of my wages disappears in to our government's kitty, supposedly to fund public services, public services that are now profit-making private companies...

It worries me that you claim to have a job, how have you got this far in life being so clueless?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:you can blame our government for trying to turn all public services in to profit-making businesses, that dirty fat dyke thatcher started all the problems and Cameron is finishing up were she left off...

Are you on drugs? How is this the governments fault?

Let me make it simple for you RR. This is the fault of overpaid, greedy headteachers who thought they could save a few pennies. There will have been a clause in the contract saying the schools were liable for any shortfall from the sponsorship - if this clause wasn't there they would not be liable. So it's a case of not reading the small print, or simply taking a silly risk with public money.

I'm glad these idiots have been sacked.

so...

The government cuts the schools funding to the point of strangulation, the only way for them to gain extra funding to keep educating the pupils to an expectable level is to secure resources or funding from elsewhere...

so they do, im sure the contracts and the proposals sounded great at the time...then the company that was supposed to be providing them folded...

and the blame is laid 100% at the headteachers door?

that's a cop-out nat. its the fault of the government and the stupid 'austerity' measures that are strangling the countries services to the people who need them most.

You claim to run your fathers company, have you ever done a deal with a company that has folded while owing you money? if you have, by your reckoning, its your own stupid fault for doing the deal in the first place yes?

camerons (and thatchers previous) vision that every cunt should be a millionaire is just fucking stupid, this country is taking the piss out of its own people, when it all goes tits-up, the people who have been exhausted and strangled financially by measures put in place by the government and left with no option but to pursue financial backing from elsewhere get the blame for it.

of course or government is innocent...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

The government cuts the schools funding to the point of strangulation, the only way for them to gain extra funding to keep educating the pupils to an expectable level is to secure resources or funding from elsewhere...

so they do, im sure the contracts and the proposals sounded great at the time...then the company that was supposed to be providing them folded...

that's a cop-out nat. its the fault of the government and the stupid 'austerity' measures that are strangling the countries services to the people who need them most.

You claim to run your fathers company, have you ever done a deal with a company that has folded while owing you money? if you have, by your reckoning, its your own stupid fault for doing the deal in the first place yes?

camerons (and thatchers previous) vision that every cunt should be a millionaire is just fucking stupid, this country is taking the piss out of its own people, when it all goes tits-up, the people who have been exhausted and strangled financially by measures put in place by the government and left with no option but to pursue financial backing from elsewhere get the blame for it.

The government isn't innocent, not by a long way, but it was Labour that got us in this mess. Look around RR, every European country has the same problems - is that the fault of the Tories?

My main problem with the current government is their lack of balls dealing with big businesses like oil companies and banks. The cuts that have been put in place are necessary, and while I might not agree with them all, I just have to accept it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

But that's not what happened here though. The school took the computers thinking they were free, no money changed hands. This is a simple case of not reading the small print, or just ignoring it.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

The government isn't innocent, not by a long way, but it was Labour that got us in this mess. Look around RR, every European country has the same problems - is that the fault of the Tories?

My main problem with the current government is their lack of balls dealing with big businesses like oil companies and banks. The cuts that have been put in place are necessary, and while I might not agree with them all, I just have to accept it.

I slightly agree with Natasha here in that its the same problem throughout the whole of Europe, and not just the UK or the EU.

I started back at college 3 weeks ago but had to change location which meant instead of going to Almere Muziekwijk, which for me was only about 7 minutes by bike, I now have to go to Almere Buiten and the quickest way is by bus which takes about 20 minutes. Reason being is that the college had to sell the other site to raise funds for new equipment and to continue paying the teachers. But also if I want to carry on with the lessons from January, I will have to pay the full price instead of the discounted price, which the government paid - so instead of €280 (with the doscount and the Government paying the rest) I will now have to pay €1150. Now I am not bothered as I have the funds for it, but imagine someone who are taking the lessons but are on a very tight budget.

Now is that the fault of the college or the government?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

You expect the government to contribute towards your college course when there are people on the breadline?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You expect the government to contribute towards your college course when there are people on the breadline?

that's right...

lets create a society were the 'poor' will never get any less poor due to being unable to afford a decent education and get a better job...

meanwhile, we create a society were only the middle/upper classes can afford an education...

sounds great to me... Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[quote="Reebok_Rebel"]
Natasha Whittam wrote:

that's right...

lets create a society were the 'poor' will never get any less poor due to being unable to afford a decent education and get a better job...

meanwhile, we create a society were only the middle/upper classes can afford an education...

But Mr Amos isn't poor, he openly admitted he could afford it.

I am all for the real poor people to catch a break and get access to things they can't afford, but people shouldn't get anything automatically other than enough money to feed and cloth their family. We should be creating a society where you have to work for things, not have them given to you for free.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

But that's not what happened here though. The school took the computers thinking they were free, no money changed hands. This is a simple case of not reading the small print, or just ignoring it.

and they would have been free if the companies in question would have kept to there side of the deal instead of making empty promises of 'vast corporate sponsorship' funding.

yes, the deal must have sounded amazing to the teachers at the time, teachers who teach children for a living and dont really have a massive knowledge of the big corporate business world.

It fell through due to the promises of sponsorship made my the companies in question that never came - this, in a roundabout way IS the fault of the government for making so many cuts and ENCOURAGING teachers to actively pursue other avenues for funding...

If they didn't have to do it they wouldn't have to.

Also, the rant about headteachers wages - teachers TRYING to do a decent job educating children for the future, is totally irrelevant when you have people who earn hundreds of thousands more per annum than them who knowingly and openly LIE for a living... Suspect

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[quote="Natasha Whittam"]
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

that's right...

But Mr Amos isn't poor, he openly admitted he could afford it.

I am all for the real poor people to catch a break and get access to things they can't afford, but people shouldn't get anything automatically other than enough money to feed and cloth their family. We should be creating a society where you have to work for things, not have them given to you for free.

Mr Amos also mentioned people who couldn't afford it, I was fortunate enough to be able to have the financial backing all though college and university from my parents who could afford it, many peoples parents cant.

You say the poor should not get any more help? These people who cant afford to go to university and better themselves by getting a better job, earning more and thus putting more in the government's pockets... shouldn't be assisted with doing so?

Like I said earlier, you want to create an even bigger class gap than there already is, only the people who can afford it should be doctors, nurses, solicitors etc... hell, we dont want the proletariat treading on our turf now do we old chap... gosh, who would sell us our bottles of Châteauneuf-du-Pape in the wine bar after work and serve me my big mac on the way home... Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Mr Amos also mentioned people who couldn't afford it, I was fortunate enough to be able to have the financial backing all though college and university from my parents who could afford it, many peoples parents cant.

You say the poor should not get any more help? These people who cant afford to go to university and better themselves by getting a better job, earning more and thus putting more in the government's pockets... shouldn't be assisted with doing so?

Like I said earlier, you want to create an even bigger class gap than there already is, only the people who can afford it should be doctors, nurses, solicitors etc... hell, we dont want the proletariat treading on our turf now do we old chap... gosh, who would sell us our bottles of Châteauneuf-du-Pape in the wine bar after work and serve me my big mac on the way home... Rolling Eyes

In a perfect world further education would be free, but it's far from a perfect world - the government can't be spending money on sending poor people to university when some poor people don't have enough money to buy the basics.

Like a lot of people, you want everything to be fair and equal, but don't have a clue how to fund it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Also, the rant about headteachers wages - teachers TRYING to do a decent job educating children for the future, is totally irrelevant when you have people who earn hundreds of thousands more per annum than them who knowingly and openly LIE for a living... Suspect

You're an idiot. You can't compare everyones salary against that of a politician. Of course politicians are vastly overpaid, but that's the way of the world.

Headteachers are very well paid, if they can't see through an obvious "too-good-to-be-true" deal they should be fired like anyone else earning that sort of money.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Like a lot of people, you want everything to be fair and equal, but don't have a clue how to fund it.

for a start...

how about taxing higher earners more and the poor less?

also, council tax, my property is in 'Band B' I pay £8 pounds more than somebody in a band A property... I should, in theory, be able to afford to pay a little bit more than this - I suppose I can and would if I had too...now, somebody who lives in (thus can afford) a £10 million pound mansion, only pays the maximum band 'H' council tax of just over £2,500 p/a...

do you think this is fair?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

You're an idiot. You can't compare everyones salary against that of a politician. Of course politicians are vastly overpaid, but that's the way of the world.

Headteachers are very well paid, if they can't see through an obvious "too-good-to-be-true" deal they should be fired like anyone else earning that sort of money.

I think people who work for there daddies in advertising also dont have a clue how the 'real world' works...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

for a start...

how about taxing higher earners more and the poor less?

also, council tax, my property is in 'Band B' I pay £8 pounds more than somebody in a band A property... I should, in theory, be able to afford to pay a little bit more than this - I suppose I can and would if I had too...now, somebody who lives in (thus can afford) a £10 million pound mansion, only pays the maximum band 'H' council tax of just over £2,500 p/a...

do you think this is fair?

I'm not against taxing the higher earners more, although it's not always fair. I accept that these tossers who live off inheritance should be taxed to the hilt, but a lot of rich people started with nothing, why should they be taxed more just because they have been successful?

As for your Council Tax comment, I agree with that, it really is a ridiculous system - it's based on figures from the 1980's which is plain daft.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody hell, just read that France are to tax people earning more than £800k at 75%!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum