Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recognising intelligence

+10
xmiles
gloswhite
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Norpig
okocha
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 10:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Sorry Okocha my fault as well. I did try to mention that it had gone off topic but i've been just as bad.
You need to throw some Lancashire dialect in there Mr Pig. You're not grasping it. Very Happy

42Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 11:11

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
You need to throw some Lancashire dialect in there Mr Pig. You're not grasping it. Very Happy
Nowt to do wi' dialect, Boncey. The porcine pea-brain est un peu idiot as one might say in Bowton le Moors.

43Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 11:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Nowt to do wi' dialect, Boncey. The porcine pea-brain est un peu idiot as one might say in Bowton le Moors.

Have a day off!

44Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 13:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Lusty hasn't a clue, Sluffy, but the truth is that none of them have a clue. If they weren't so clueless they might have a clue how clueless they are.

I am afraid its the kind of collective mindlessness that leads to mindless mobs comprised of people predisposed to mindlessness and it doesn't take much to attract them like flies to a cowpat.

Sadly that is how society is now Bob.

Probably it's always been like that - P T Barnum once said "there's one born every minute" but with the advent of instant social media over the last decade or so it seems to me at least that people seem to collectively believe what's put on there irrespective if it's true or not - very few seem to question what they read, it becomes an almost instant mob mentality based often on nothing more than fake news.

Would Trump have got 70m votes and people storming the Capitol to 'stop the steal' without him whipping them up via social media?  Would everyone and his dog believe all this Tory cronyism over PPE contracts without Maugham's personal social media campaign?  Would almost everyone believe Anderson raped and pillaged the club for his own pocket - which was actually impossible to do as the club was over £200m in debt, running at a huge annual losses and was already insolvent - without reading utter bollocks from the likes of Iles and Wanderlust on social media and forums like ours?

Back in the day stuff like this would have been called 'propaganda' and at least some would be wary of it but now it seems if some social media 'influencer' says something then all their followers, like sheep appropriately enough, accept it to be so without a second thought.

Very few seem to 'question' what they are being 'fed', even those people with high IQ's?

I don't know what it is, whether people are scared to not be seen to be part of the crowd or they are just too lazy to check out what's being said for themselves but clearly you find people you know and who have decent jobs and careers believing the most ridiculous of things because they read it on social media.

It is what it is though, you aren't going to change it on here and I guess over time people will begin to see they were mistaken to take the likes of Trump, Maugham and even Wanderlust at their word because there was never any truth in what they had said - it was all fake and done deliberately to play/manipulate people for their own agendas or to make themselves look self important.

People don't like to be told they are wrong or stupid even when they are.

That's always be true though!

45Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 15:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Dear God, they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I've said before wikipedia is a good entry point for people looking to find out things but when you're talking about a professional service you really need to know where to look for facts rather than how you may think the service works, to this end I refer you to the Institute for Government.

In the following link the Institute states there are 426,500 civil servants employed in Government and if you really 'think' close on half a million people get hired and fired every five years after every election, then it just goes to show that you have absolutely no knowledge or understanding about how things actually work in the CS.  

Civil servants are permanent employees, in career grades who are politically impartial.  It is they that remain as the various political parties come and go depending on the election results.

I don't need to base any knowledge on Yes Minister or anything else because I actually worked in public sector government for over 30 years!!!

How much experience have you got of the public sector and Civil Service in particular other than maybe some contract work from them?

Let me guess - absolutely NONE.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/civil-service-staff-numbers

You've clearly haven't troubled to better inform yourself by reading the links I provided in my post above, one of which provides you with the transcript of the PAC questioning of all those overall responsible for the procurement of the PPE's and who have ultimate responsibility - indeed that was actually stated as such - ALL of those involved were CIVIL SERVANTS.  No sign of ANY politicians or political cronyism anywhere!

Just as I've been saying all along.

I put all the facts in front of you but yet again you couldn't be bothered to concern yourself with them because you obviously believe you know better.

You don't.

As for Anderson and trolling, I raised the name of Anderson as an example of where many people have judged him on the basis of the financial running of the club that they know nothing about.  I used the example because it is one familiar to all of us.

How can that be trolling on my part, I was stating a fact?!!

I'm still waiting for your explanation as to how Anderson could have better run an insolvent company to make more profit for himself as you claimed though - I see you've failed to do that, so I'll ask you again.

After all you're clearly much more cleverer than Bob and I who have spent our professional careers dealing with such things.

I won't hold my breath for your reply though, you never can back up what you say, can you?
There you go again speculating about my experience and getting it so incredibly wrong. As it happens I was working with the DTI on various partnerships for years, later BERR and was COO of a national NGO partnership between Govt and Industry for a few years although the bulk of my government experience is regional and local, predominantly counties which are somewhat different and tend to reflect local politics. You can choose to believe what you like but I know from bitter personal experience about new brooms in government. And no they don't sack everyone - usually they set up new committees and sub departments, install their stooges, close programs down and TUPE anyone they want to keep out of the action. It's the leadership and the programmes they shuffle, not the secretaries and bookkeepers, all political decisions which pen pushers like you never see or get involved in.

46Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 15:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought  I would come back to see how things were going. I had to check the date to see if the posts of the same old rubbish were old. Sadly, they were posted in the last few minutes. 
Nothing has changed.  Shocked

47Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 16:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see you back Glos and yes things haven't really changed much. Sluffy is still obsessed with Lusty and nine bob still talks bollocks although most people choose to just ignore him now.

Please stick around and help us get this site back to normal please!

48Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 17:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Nice to see you back Glos and yes things haven't really changed much. Sluffy is still obsessed with Lusty and nine bob still talks bollocks although most people choose to just ignore him now.

Yes, do stick around ,Glos
Bob's quite funny when you get past his insults. He's also started throwing in some Lancashire and Cumbrian dialect.
Unfortunately, I can still understand him, but we live in an imperfect world. I've found he can take a joke though, so get stuck in. Laughing

49Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 18:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
Yes, do stick around ,Glos
Bob's quite funny when you get past his insults. He's also started throwing in some Lancashire and Cumbrian dialect.
Unfortunately, I can still understand him, but we live in an imperfect world. I've found he can take a joke though, so get stuck in. Laughing

I think you are the only one on this site who finds him funny bonce but you have always been a kind hearted soul.

50Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 18:54

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm glad that the old-timers, Sluffy and Bob, have identified each other as soul-mates. Good for them!

I'd be even more glad if they now confined their "we know best" posts to just between themselves.

Then members like Glos might return.....

PS:- Wanderlust is not in the same league when it comes to unjustified superior sneering from on high, Bob.

51Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 20:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

I think you are the only one on this site who finds him funny bonce but you have always been a kind hearted soul.
He's lost in the wilderness.

I hope.

52Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 21:01

gloswhite wrote:I thought  I would come back to see how things were going. I had to check the date to see if the posts of the same old rubbish were old. Sadly, they were posted in the last few minutes. 
Nothing has changed.  Shocked

Good to see you back Glos. Ignore the Bob/Sluffy double act, them talking to themselves about how intelligent they are is far more entertaining.

53Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 23:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:There you go again speculating about my experience and getting it so incredibly wrong. As it happens I was working with the DTI on various partnerships for years, later BERR and was COO of a national NGO partnership between Govt and Industry for a few years although the bulk of my government experience is regional and local, predominantly counties which are somewhat different and tend to reflect local politics. You can choose to believe what you like but I know from bitter personal experience about new brooms in government. And no they don't sack everyone - usually they set up new committees and sub departments, install their stooges, close programs down and TUPE anyone they want to keep out of the action. It's the leadership and the programmes they shuffle, not the secretaries and bookkeepers, all political decisions which pen pushers like you never see or get involved in.

Just as I expected, absolutely no experience of public sector working from the inside whatsoever.

The question I asked was this...

Sluffy wrote:How much experience have you got of the public sector and Civil Service in particular other than maybe some contract work from them?

Let me guess - absolutely NONE.

...and your answer - no matter how much you have tried to make it look otherwise - confirms that you have NONE and have worked solely as an external contractor to the public sector.

Let me decode some of what you've said so it makes clearer reading to those who may wish to know what you said.

You start off by saying you were working 'with' the Department of Trade and Industry (note NOT working 'for' them as a employee).  The DTI was established in 1970 and disbanded in June 2007 - so it had seen many changes of changes of Government from Edward Heath's time to Tony Blair.

It existed for 37 YEARS so seems to make a mockery of your claim of 'out with the old, in with the new' at ever change of government doesn't it?

It was replaced by the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform under Gordon Brown - so NOT from a new government changing things they didn't like but by the EXISTING government of the day.

The Department was replaced a year into the coalition government.

From this line you state above " I know from bitter personal experience about new brooms in government", I'm guessing that was the time they terminated your consultancy contract - threw you off the gravy train did they - and it seems you've been bitter about it ever since!

Now you go on to my favourite bit, which did indeed make me laugh out loud when I read it, the bit about your time at the NGO.

Well what's funny about that some may think, but an NGO is a NON GOVERNMENT Organisation - the clue is in the title don't you think!?!

How can you claim to know about how Government functions from your time in a NON GOVERNMENT organisation - they are basically just pressure groups to 'try' to influence government policy - that's all!

A few examples of NGO's include Amnesty International, Save the Children, and Doctors without Boarders (Medecins Sans Frontiers).

All worthy causes but hardly inside government is it?

Finally let me throw some of your words back at you...

wanderlust wrote:There you go again speculating about my experience and getting it so incredibly wrong.

I dealt with numerous MP's, Council leaders, opposition leaders and all their various political advisors (the Dominic Cummings equivalents), daily for years.  I was one of those telling them what they could and couldn't do legally to put into practice their desired policies and how they could amend things so they could do so legally.

I've dealt with political party members across the board from the Communist Party to the BNP (albeit they were never elected in my time at the authorities I worked for) and have even actively refused to be photographed with nationally recognised politicians on more than one occasion (for the local newspaper) to preserve any future allegations of possible partiality to one political party or another.

Not that I particularly wanted my photo taken with any MP anyway, but that's beside the point I was trying to make.

I've probably forgotten more about politics (both party politics and office politics) than you've ever known.

I've seen politics up close and personal from the inside.

You quite clearly haven't.

Not bad for just a simple 'pen pusher' who apparently never gets to see or be involved with 'real politics' is it?

Rolling Eyes

54Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 23:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Nice to see you back Glos and yes things haven't really changed much. Sluffy is still obsessed with Lusty and nine bob still talks bollocks although most people choose to just ignore him now.

You really think I'm obsessed with Wanderlust?

I guess you must do as you've said it.

Nah, I'm not obsessed with Wanderlust or anyone else or in fact anything, all I'm trying to do is call out fake news and utter bullshit when I see it and even then I really only limit it to the arc of knowledge, training and experience I have, which is basically how companies and public bodies run and how the public sector works.

I've been in that game for over forty years now although I've effectively retired before I reached fifty and only worked to help out old colleagues or give myself something to occupy my time with.

If anyone is obsessed then I suggest it is the person posting utter nonsense then going to extraordinary lengths NOT to admit he got it wrong/didn't know what he was talking about.

Seeing we are on the internet, none of us know each other and it's all pretty meaningless anyway, one wonders (well I do) why he has the need to do that?

Clearly it matters to him not to be seen to be wrong I guess and that's why we end up playing these stupid games.

If he wants to continue to post fake news in respect of the areas I know about, then I'll continue to correct him so the readers on here won't be misled.

Wouldn't you correct someone if they said something bollocks about pharmacy on here?  I think you would.

So if they then said 'they' were an 'expert' in the field and it was you who didn't know what you were talking about, wouldn't you reply back with the facts and links to shoot him down?

That's all I've ever been doing.

Wouldn't everyone do the same?

Just seems the right and obvious thing to do to me.

55Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 08:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do think you're obsessed as you bring him into almost every post you make these days. You engineer ways to have a go at him just like in this very thread right at the start with your other obsession KA.

I'm not saying Lusty is whiter than white, he knows how to wind you up and you fall for it every time. Call him out at the time of him posting if you need to but this constant returning to the same old arguments is what is killing this site.

56Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 08:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone know why Bob got canned?

57Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 09:03

Ye i was wondering the same, must have been something on chatbox as there's nothing unusual in posts in yesterday (not unusual for Bob that is).

58Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 09:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Ye i was wondering the same, must have been something on chatbox as there's nothing unusual in posts in yesterday (not unusual for Bob that is).
I didn't see him in chatbox last night. Mind you, I arrived 25 minutes late after falling asleep in the bath.

59Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 09:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He doesn't come on the chatbox but BTID said on there he had been banned. I suspect it was KP as one of his posts said something something about have a break?

60Recognising intelligence - Page 3 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 09:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Have a day off!
Think this is code for you're banned  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum