Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recognising intelligence

+10
xmiles
gloswhite
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Norpig
okocha
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

61Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 09:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor Bob. Very Happy

62Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 09:52

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:I do think you're obsessed as you bring him into almost every post you make these days. You engineer ways to have a go at him just like in this very thread right at the start with your other obsession KA.

I'm not saying Lusty is whiter than white, he knows how to wind you up and you fall for it every time. Call him out at the time of him posting if you need to but this constant returning to the same old arguments is what is killing this site.
:clap: :clap:

63Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 10:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Have a day off!
Think this is code for you're banned  Very Happy
I’m sure Tenbob had a nice day away from Nuts with his wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/dog/cat (delete appropriate). :biggrin:

64Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 10:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you not make it longer KP? Like forever?

65Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 10:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Can you not make it longer KP? Like forever?
Unfortunately not. That would have to be discussed with the rest of the mods in the backroom.

66Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 11:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How do you do that KP out of interest? Do you email each other or video call or is it all just done in your secret part of the forum?

67Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 11:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:How do you do that KP out of interest? Do you email each other or video call or is it all just done in your secret part of the forum?
It’s done in the secret part of the forum. :biggrin:

68Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 11:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The inner sanctum eh? I bet you go in there and have a right good moan about us lot don't you?  Very Happy

69Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 11:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And he's back  Rolling Eyes

70Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 11:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone know why Bob got canned?
Its complex, Boncey. It could  be the Napoleon complex, Superman complex, Knight-Riley complex or a convolvulated concoction of complexes.

Anyroad here's a la'al bit of Conway Twitty for my followers:

71Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 12:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Please, I'm still not over Rigid Roger.

72Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 12:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
It’s done in the secret part of the forum. :biggrin:

karly while you are on the secret part of the forum could you please reinstate my ability to pm other posters. It's not urgent but it does seem very petty that I am not allowed this facility.

73Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 13:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Please, I'm still not over Rigid Roger.
If you and I,Boncey, are the only ones on Nuts to find Rigid Roger quite funny does it say summat about us or summat about the rest of 'em?

Hope you enjoyed the Shadow Chancellor clip.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Jan 13 2021, 13:52; edited 1 time in total

74Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 13:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:

karly while you are on the secret part of the forum could you please reinstate my ability to pm other posters. It's not urgent but it does seem very petty that I am not allowed this facility.
And, KP, please could you confirm that admin cannot read pms

75Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 13:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I do think you're obsessed as you bring him into almost every post you make these days. You engineer ways to have a go at him just like in this very thread right at the start with your other obsession KA.

I'm not saying Lusty is whiter than white, he knows how to wind you up and you fall for it every time. Call him out at the time of him posting if you need to but this constant returning to the same old arguments is what is killing this site.

Well you are quite wrong then.

I posted in reply to the thread and used Anderson as an example of what I was saying as he was someone we all knew about.

He was only one of FOUR examples I used so clearly I didn't focus solely on him.

Anderson whether we like him or not is part of our clubs history such as Nat Lofthouse, John McGinlay and Eddie Davies and its inevitable that his name will always crop up in years to come, and not just by me.

Of course I know that Wanderlust at times attempts to wind me up but that's largely him attempting to distract from manning up from admitting he was wrongly stating fake news and talking bullshit in the first place - which frequently he is.

As for Bob do people really want to go down the path of banning posters simply because they don't like them or what they post?

A dangerous and completely wrong way to go in my opinion.

As they say be careful for what you wish for lest it come true.

76Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 13:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten bob has driven away regular posters and brings nothing of interest to the forum. If you're happy that your site is going down the pan due to that then good luck and i'll go back on WW

77Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 14:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've counted to 10 now! This is your site Sluffy and run it how you please but surely you can see the effect he has on this site? Most regulars now just ignore him other than me and Boncey.

I genuinely love coming on this site and want to see it flourish and get back to where it was a while ago. 

There is still a place for forums even now as WW proves so we all need to try and make this site better. I'm forever thinking of new threads to post and will keep trying but sometimes i wonder why i bother.

78Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 14:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Ten bob has driven away regular posters and brings nothing of interest to the forum. If you're happy that your site is going down the pan due to that then good luck and i'll go back on WW

It's 'our' forum, not 'mine', I merely try and keep it free and fair to everyone whether I like them or not.

If you and others want to take it down a different path then I can't really stop you but what's the point of a forum where only the voice of the 'clique' is heard and fake news and fake accounts are rife?

We've done it 'my' way on here in respect of the site having a basis integrity and honesty to it from the start but clearly that's no longer what people want from me, so as I've been saying for a few weeks now I'll stand back from being too active and posting and let others do it the way they want instead.

Let's see if it is any better shall we?

79Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 14:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one is saying you need to step back Sluffy other than yourself. I don't want to go elsewhere, i feel at home here apart from the geriatric lodger causing issues  Very Happy

80Recognising intelligence - Page 4 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 15:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I've counted to 10 now! This is your site Sluffy and run it how you please but surely you can see the effect he has on this site? Most regulars now just ignore him other than me and Boncey.

I genuinely love coming on this site and want to see it flourish and get back to where it was a while ago. 

There is still a place for forums even now as WW proves so we all need to try and make this site better. I'm forever thinking of new threads to post and will keep trying but sometimes i wonder why i bother.

Our posts have crossed.

WW is a site formed by a group of mates who know each other and have been following the Wanderers home and away since the eighties so it's 'core' as always been very strong, unlike most other forums such as ours.

Some/many of these blokes have built contacts/associates within the club and often get inside information as to what's going on before anyone else.

WW was also the first BWFC to really emerge and the one most people (including me) visit daily for the snippets of BWFC news they have.

So we can't compete on a par with WW.

That being said it is not to the taste of everyone and if your face doesn't fit there you don't tend to last long.

Nuts was built around being open to everyone and having a laugh whilst you were here and we did ok for quite a while too before it all went wrong.

No point going over old ground but basically one or two people decided that 'their' fun was more important than everyone else's and added to that the hatred expressed over Anderson, Brexit and the Tories simply went too far and turned the site toxic.

I though that by better informing people would help improve things but instead I've had to deal with people who either can't accept they don't know what they've been talking about or someone who thinks they are clever wanting to get into to never ending arguments for their own amusement.

So if people perceive me to be the problem then as I say I'll stand back and see how the site goes without me trying to keep the 'games' and bullshit off it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum