Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

301Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 28 2023, 12:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:BBC's The Sixth Commandment is a tidy piece of drama which has the viewer cringing with horror and having to suspend disbelief at times, knowing it's based on a true story. Brilliantly filmed and acted and absolutely well worth watching. Available on I-Player.

Netflix continues to churn out high quality thrillers, especially some of the European based police dramas, but currently I'm watching the American "Unbelievable" which is a compelling, but uncomfortable watch as it tackles the difficult subject of a scheming serial rapist who targets highly vulnerable and socially awkward girls and women whose accounts are less likely to be believed.
Agree with everything you say about The Sixth Commandment, but it's so bloody depressing.
 Brilliant, but a hard watch, knowing what those people suffered through.

302Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 31 2023, 11:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a look at The Power Of Parker on iPlayer. Shit.

303Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 07 2023, 01:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This summer's blockbuster movies:

Film and TV review. - Page 16 364125851_2657486081066859_5775014720074718953_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&cb=99be929b-3346023f&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=c67w5IEmgy0AX820KRy&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn1-2

304Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 07 2023, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Had a look at The Power Of Parker on iPlayer. Shit.
i actually enjoyed that Boncey, we watched all 6 episodes.

305Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 07 2023, 08:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
i actually enjoyed that Boncey, we watched all 6 episodes.
I didn't laugh I'm afraid. The guy who played Parker was in Magpie Murders, which I did enjoy, but this one might be one of those that I'd have to binge watch at a later date.
I've been guilty in the past of dismissing a series after one episode, then coming back to it a year later and enjoying it.

306Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 11 2023, 12:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watching Irvine Welsh's Crime on ITV? It's been great so far and i have a couple of episodes to go but well worth a watch.

307Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 11 2023, 13:15

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Anyone watching Irvine Welsh's Crime on ITV? It's been great so far and i have a couple of episodes to go but well worth a watch.

I’ll look out for it, Norpig. Just read a quick review and it sounds great.

I’m obsessed with What We Do In The Shadows again now that Season 5 is out. The movie was shot but the series is phenomenal. Matt Berry is hilarious.

I also just watched Interstellar for the first time last night. What a great film albeit baffling at times.

308Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 11 2023, 14:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:I also just watched Interstellar for the first time last night. What a great film albeit baffling at times.

Absolutely. I've watched it 5 or 6 times and I'm still not 100% sure what's going on.

309Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 14 2023, 23:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Doubt many people would have watched this but I highly recommend the Israeli true story, Shadow of Truth.

Before we go any further it is in five parts roughly 5 hours in total - and is in Yiddish with English subtitles.

So I don't recommend it lightly to you.

As I say it is a true story and is about the murder of a 13 year old girl - she was slaughtered whilst in school.

The first part is basically and open and shut case as to who did it - so why the other four parts?

I won't spoil it for you but it is simply jaw dropping how the case progresses.

As I've said twice before it is a true story - if you read this in a book you simply would not believe it as being too far fetched to ever be believable.

But it really did happen.

BBC iPlayer - Shadow of Truth

310Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Aug 24 2023, 14:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know i am very late to the party on this but me and Mrs Norpig have been binge watching Succession and loving it.

Didn't fancy it when it first came out but gave it a go recently and its fantastic.

311Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 25 2023, 01:03

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My lad has been meithering me to watch that for ages Norpig but like you I didn't really fancy it much.
I might have to give it a try.

312Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 25 2023, 07:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:My lad has been meithering me to watch that for ages Norpig but like you I didn't really fancy it much.
I might have to give it a try.
Its great, all the characters are horrible and you don't root for any of them but it is very good, Kieran Culkin steals the show.

313Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 25 2023, 09:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

World On Fire is a masterpiece imo....

314Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Oct 08 2023, 15:41

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm looking forward to these two movies. Seems like we've been light on the more epic stuff since COVID.

Napoleon (Ridley Scott)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZWXUkrjPc&t=11s

Killers of the Moon (Scorsese)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cx9nCHsemc

315Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Oct 08 2023, 17:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:I'm looking forward to these two movies. Seems like we've been light on the more epic stuff since COVID.

Napoleon (Ridley Scott)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZWXUkrjPc&t=11s

Killers of the Moon (Scorsese)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cx9nCHsemc
Not sure about Napoleon, but I've got the book of the other one, so might give it a go.

316Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Nov 04 2023, 08:16

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You have to hand it to GBNews, they do get some odd bods on. Last night it was Big Sam's turn to provide his learned opinion on the state of the nation.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I expect there must have been a fee involved but the word 'excruciating' would be euphemistic.

I did learn one thing though. According to sagacious Sam, Dubai is the place to join the nouveaux riches for Christmas. I think Lady B and I will give it a miss again.

317Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 12 2024, 14:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched Bodies on Netflix last week and it was very good. Not sure i followed all of it as its about a murder in 4 different era's but worth a watch.

Started watching Fool me once but not really feeling it, not sure why everyone is raving about it to be honest. Yes it has Michelle Keegan in it but not much else to recommend it.

318Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 12 2024, 17:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Watched Bodies on Netflix last week and it was very good. Not sure i followed all of it as its about a murder in 4 different era's but worth a watch.

Started watching Fool me once but not really feeling it, not sure why everyone is raving about it to be honest. Yes it has Michelle Keegan in it but not much else to recommend it.
I'm watching the politically incorrect It Ain't Half Hot Mum'. Very Happy

319Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 12 2024, 18:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's TV get's a lot of this kind of stuff on it.

I've been watching again recently Bread, Til death us do part, Shameless, Benidorm off the top of my head. Benny Hill, Goodnight Sweetheart, Kenny Evarett, Steptoe etc keeps popping on every now and again.

All the politically incorrect stuff. I don't even change the channel anymore! Very Happy

320Film and TV review. - Page 16 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jan 23 2024, 15:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finally started watching The Crown on Netflix, been good so far. I presume it's not factually correct for most of it but still a decent watch.

Also started watching Vikings on Amazon prime again, only watched the first 2 series when it was on originally so starting from the beginning again. 

Yes i do watch a lot of telly  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum