Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 17]

81Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 16:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:Well, you must have hated Killing Eve then.....I don't mind implausibility of plot if it's compensated for by great dialogue, acting....and a very good cause! Director/writer, David Hare, is one of our theatre giants.

You're right, I hated Killing Eve! Smile

However I do enjoy quality scifi which arguably is even more implausible. Dark, which involves time travel, is one of my favourites. I even enjoyed Game of Thrones up until the last series.

82Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 16:21

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:

You're right, I hated Killing Eve! Smile

However I do enjoy quality scifi which arguably is even more implausible. Dark, which involves time travel, is one of my favourites. I even enjoyed Game of Thrones up until the last series.
Whereas I have no interest in sci-fi. Neutral 

It occurred to me that if we two agree an exact time to synchronise our typing of a message on here, it might convince Sluffy that at least I am not one of your fake accounts...... but then you'd have to arrange to do the same with any other member that you think Sluffy has in mind as your alter-ego ..dunno..

83Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 16:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You both need to drop it now chaps for the sake of everyone on here.

84Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 16:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Did anyone watch the BBC mini-series "Roadkill" which has just finished its run on Sunday evenings?

Sharp dialogue and brilliant acting from Hugh Laurie and others (including the gloriously named Ophelia Lovibond) in a thinly-veiled assault on Tory morality. Highly enjoyable!
I watched it - and enjoyed it. I have a soft spot for Hugh Laurie in mitigation. Thought the ending was a bit abrupt.
I have a soft spot for the Tories too - it's a bog in Kent Smile

85Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 17:07

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Thought the ending was a bit abrupt.
Leaving it open for a second series?

86Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 17:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:You both need to drop it now chaps for the sake of everyone on here.
Right you are, KP

87Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 17:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:You both need to drop it now chaps for the sake of everyone on here.

OK I will try not to bring it up again but I do resent being accused of something which is baseless with no opportunity to defend myself because no evidence has ever been offered that the accusation is true.

88Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 18:41

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The documentary on Frank Gardner was very interesting and well worth watching.

Still available on the BBC i/Player.

89Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 18:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Borgen is top class , a world better than that Roadkill tripe.

Hugh Laurie was very impressive in The Night Manager though.

90Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Nov 14 2020, 23:19

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Watched an excellent documentary film on Netflix tonight. "My Octopus Teacher." True story about a scientist who developed and filmed an astonishing 18 month long friendship with an octopus in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of South Africa. Fantastic underwater photography and an enthralling storyline. I was almost in tears at the end.

91Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Nov 15 2020, 10:53

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hip Priest wrote:Watched an excellent documentary film on Netflix tonight. "My Octopus Teacher." True story about a scientist who developed and filmed an astonishing 18 month long friendship with an octopus in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of South Africa. Fantastic underwater photography and an enthralling storyline. I was almost in tears at the end.
I’ll be watching this. Thanks

92Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Nov 15 2020, 11:21

Watched that recently too Hip, very, very good and nearly got me going too. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Watched ‘da 5 bloods’ on Netflix last night, Spike Lee’s latest film. Again would definitely recommend it, educational as well as entertaining.

93Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Nov 16 2020, 23:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone else enjoying His Dark Materials? Having enjoyed the books, I was wary of any attempt to put them on film.
However, I've been mightily impressed.

94Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Nov 24 2020, 22:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I recommend The Hijacker Who Vanished (BBC). An entertaining Storyville film which goes some way towards finding a convincing account of who DB Cooper might have been.

95Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Nov 24 2020, 22:21

Love a Storyville, will have a look at that.

Finished queens gambit over the weekend, very good.

96Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Nov 24 2020, 22:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes I really enjoyed Queen's Gambit. I remember reading the book a few years ago. Walter Tevis didn't write much but he did write some great stories (The Hustler, The Color of Money and The Man Who Fell to Earth).

97Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Nov 29 2020, 15:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finished all 3 series of Borgen now. One of those where they establish the main characters and then every episode has a new story line - which were all entertaining. Well written, covers a wide range of topics (war, immigration, mental health, breast cancer, environment etc) and a really good watch. 
Initially I struggled a bit to get past the use of broad English dialects in the context of the Danish Parliament (Away aye Birgitte hen...)  but it's a political/media thriller cum soap that gets better and better and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Designated Survivor and House of Cards.

98Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Nov 29 2020, 17:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:Finished all 3 series of Borgen now. One of those where they establish the main characters and then every episode has a new story line - which were all entertaining. Well written, covers a wide range of topics (war, immigration, mental health, breast cancer, environment etc) and a really good watch. 
Initially I struggled a bit to get past the use of broad English dialects in the context of the Danish Parliament (Away aye Birgitte hen...)  but it's a political/media thriller cum soap that gets better and better and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Designated Survivor and House of Cards.

I really struggled with the very heavy British accents used for the dubbing and I did find it a bit dated in places even though the first series was only made 10 years ago.

99Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Dec 01 2020, 23:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

I really struggled with the very heavy British accents used for the dubbing and I did find it a bit dated in places even though the first series was only made 10 years ago.
Enjoyable though?

Just watched the Hugh Grant/Nicole Kidman thing "The Undoing" on my mate Debbie's recommendation - hard to do as Deb's a proper girl into girl stuff and much as I love her let's say our tastes differ, but it was enjoyable enough. Bit of a New York whodunnit/courtroom drama with a touch of family psychology thrown in for good measure. I was considering the kid smashed her head in with a hammer for a while...

100Film and TV review. - Page 5 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Dec 18 2020, 22:28

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Enjoyable though?

Just watched the Hugh Grant/Nicole Kidman thing "The Undoing" on my mate Debbie's recommendation - hard to do as Deb's a proper girl into girl stuff and much as I love her let's say our tastes differ, but it was enjoyable enough. Bit of a New York whodunnit/courtroom drama with a touch of family psychology thrown in for good measure. I was considering the kid smashed her head in with a hammer for a while...
I watched it too, Lusty. Thought Nicole Kidman was a bit on the posy side but Huge Rant was a really convincing seedy geezer.

Final of Countdown today. Two brilliant finalists but Lady Bobsworth was on fire solving the conundrum and two of the numbers rounds that the finalists didn't get. I was too busy taking the knee whilst setting the wood burner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum