Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Integrity

+9
gloswhite
okocha
y2johnny
Banks of the Croal
Cajunboy
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Tue Feb 09 2021, 16:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:No disrespect to anyone, but it may jog a memory for the old farts on here, I remember Bazooka Joe bubblegum, but I also remember an equally good one, Called Sambo. It was a black gum, and it was in a yellow wrapper. Anyone else remember it?
I do. What I remember more were the chewy sweets called BlackJacks. Used to get four for a penny off the penny tray.

32Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Tue Feb 09 2021, 16:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I do. What I remember more were the chewy sweets called BlackJacks. Used to get four for a penny off the penny tray.
Along with Swizzles or Parma Violets.

33Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Tue Feb 09 2021, 16:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, I remember the four for a penny selection including the Blackjacks.

34Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Tue Feb 09 2021, 17:47

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good chippy/cafe in Morecambe called Bay Cafe also some good places nearby for a visit Carnforth railway station. Warton Crag, Silverdale another good chippy/cafe in Arnside, Grange some times call at Kikby Lonsdale also like The River Lune.

35Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Tue Feb 09 2021, 19:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Morecambe illuminations in Happy Mount Park was a wonderland for small kids in the '50's and 60's and in many ways better than Blackpool illuminations.
I believe it then became Blobbyland and died a death.
I think they still have music conventions at Frontierland - C&W and Punk - or at least they did have until not so long ago.
And they held WOMAD there once - I fondly remember the Bulgarian open throat singer.

36Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 08:57

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:Sadly, recent developments have caused me to lose faith in the integrity of the site.

I'm not going to be soppy about things or refuse to join in but will probably limit my posts.

I wish I could explain my reasons fully, but I respect the fact that pms should remain private. My partial withdrawal follows a resignation and some admissions that have been made, both privately and openly enough on the main board.

I'm still fully behind the Whites and continue to value the contributions of very many of the members of the site. I enjoy reading the honest, friendly, passionate and amusing posts of fellow Boltonians. Most members are decent, kind and reasonable in their observations.
I'm not going to be soppy about things? If only that were true it would be real progress.

37Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 09:16

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Funny how the person most people have a problem with is the one having a sly dig at a long standing member who always posts rational and well thought out posts.

I don't believe for one second nat/xmiles/okocha are the same person.  That would take a lot of work and very little time for anything else.

It's getting beyond a joke now.  Either proof needs to be posted or it's put to bed.

Hopefully Nat will come back and okocha and xmiles stay!  

If not, it really will be the end of nuts I reckon.

38Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 09:19

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Funny how the person most people have a problem with is the one having a sly dig at a long standing member who always posts rational and well thought out posts.

I don't believe for one second nat/xmiles/okocha are the same person.  That would take a lot of
Rational and well thought out' is your opinion, pal. Wetter than a wet weekend in Westmorland's mine.

But you are all pretty much birds of a feather aren't you? Isn't that why you flock together?

39Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 09:27

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Fortunately, regardless of what you believe, your opinion is just that. And obviously not a popular one. 

But you've got so many views on the vince thread......reminds me of a circus act in America, the freak show was the most popular attraction in its day.  But like that, I think you've had yours

40Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 09:33

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Fortunately, regardless of what you believe, your opinion is just that. And obviously not a popular one. 

But you've got so many views on the vince thread......reminds me of a circus act in America, the freak show was the most popular attraction in its day.  But like that, I think you've had yours
If I was popular with twerps like you and your ilk, I'd be worried I'd missed summat.

41Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 09:41

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
If I was popular with twerps like you and your ilk, I'd be worried I'd missed summat.
You have missed a lot of things tenbob. 

One being growing old gracefully by the looks of it.

Anyway, you keep doing your thing and soon you will have your wish, a site for you and sluffy only.

42Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 09:44

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Funny how the person most people have a problem with is the one having a sly dig at a long standing member who always posts rational and well thought out posts.

I don't believe for one second nat/xmiles/okocha are the same person.  That would take a lot of work and very little time for anything else.

It's getting beyond a joke now.  Either proof needs to be posted or it's put to bed.

Hopefully Nat will come back and okocha and xmiles stay!  

If not, it really will be the end of nuts I reckon.
Many thanks, Johnny. If the site is going to continue to be worthwhile, as it always has been, Nat needs to be asked to explain his involvement in this issue to everyone, and poisonous Tenbob needs to be shown the door. He passes judgement without knowing the facts. Unsurprisingly he is unable to distinguish between integrity and "wetness". I'm surprised that Sluffy has not acted to put matters straight, but remain hopeful.

43Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 09:53

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
You have missed a lot of things tenbob. 

One being growing old gracefully by the looks of it.

Anyway, you keep doing your thing and soon you will have your wish, a site for you and sluffy only.
You and your gang of featherheads want a site reserved for idiotic prejudices, brainless notions and juvenile predilections and you all bleat like spoilt brats when anyone calls you out. 

Diddums.

Btw. I'm not in the least interested whether someone may or may not be 'fake'.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu Feb 11 2021, 11:25; edited 1 time in total

44Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 10:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I know this hasn't anything to do with integrity, but it relates to the days gone by comments earlier in the thread.

Many years ago, about 60, I went to a park in Scarborough, (Peasholm?), where there was a show on the pond with quite fair sized model warships, and even a plane on a bombing run, and lots of explosions. As a kid, I loved it. Went back to the same park a few years ago.
Anyone else seen this?

45Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 11:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Integrity - Page 3 Canvas10

46Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 11:23

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:I know this hasn't anything to do with integrity, but it relates to the days gone by comments earlier in the thread.

Many years ago, about 60, I went to a park in Scarborough, (Peasholm?), where there was a show on the pond with quite fair sized model warships, and even a plane on a bombing run, and lots of explosions. As a kid, I loved it. Went back to the same park a few years ago.
Anyone else seen this?
That's all very interesting Glos but not nearly as interesting as the history of Barrow Bridge and its early connection with Sunderland Point.

47Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 11:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Integrity - Page 3 Canvas10

:clap:

Brilliant!!!

Love it!

48Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 11:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

49Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 12:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great work Boncey  Very Happy

50Integrity - Page 3 Empty Re: Integrity Thu Feb 11 2021, 12:46

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

''What's that funny smell, Lily''

"Eeh, I don't know Nellie luv"

''You don't know? I do. I've told you before, you've bin lerrin 'im out too much. I knew there were goin to be trouble when he came back wi' that combat jacket"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum