Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Harrogate

+11
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
boltonbonce
Norpig
Boggersbelief
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sat Apr 10 2021, 19:00

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Good result after going behind.  Other teams doing us favours too.  Tranmere lost, Cambridge Lost, Forest Green lost, Morecambe Lost, but Cheltenham won.
Tranmere drew ?

22Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sat Apr 10 2021, 19:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Good result after going behind.  Other teams doing us favours too.  Tranmere lost, Cambridge Lost, Forest Green lost, Morecambe Lost, but Cheltenham won.
Tranmere drew ?
Yes, they drew 0-0 against Scunthorpe United.

23Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sat Apr 10 2021, 19:08

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

okocha wrote:Can anyone remind me of the details of a game at Burnden Park several years ago when our goalkeeper put the ball down on the edge of the six-yard box to take a goal-kick because he had shepherded an opposition shot out of play behind our goal.
However, having retreated a few yards to take his run-up, he turned back round only to find that the ref had waved play-on and an opponent had run up and tapped the ball home.

I can't remember who was in goal, who the ref was or who the "scorer" was. I seem to remember it was an evening game.....but might be wrong....
Any help with the details would be much appreciated....
I think you're thinking about the Rotherham game. Jim McDonagh was in goal for them, and it was he that put the ball down for a GK, and the ref waved play on. Garry Jones ran up and put the ball in the net

24Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sat Apr 10 2021, 19:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tranmere drew. What’s up with you lately

25Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sat Apr 10 2021, 19:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:
I think you're thinking about the Rotherham game. Jim McDonagh was in goal for them, and it was he that put the ball down for a GK, and the ref waved play on. Garry Jones ran up and put the ball in the net
That's it! Thanks so much, Martin....

26Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sat Apr 10 2021, 19:33

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

okocha wrote:
That's it! Thanks so much, Martin....
Happy to help.

27Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sat Apr 10 2021, 22:53

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We won ugly but the important thing is we won. Even better was Tranmere drawing and that 2 point gap may just prove crucial now there's only 6 games left. Personally I agree with Nat that the play offs are more likely than automatic promotion unless we improve our play because right now we are too dependent on luck for comfort.

And for the second time today I agree with Nat. Maddison simply isn't worth a starting spot at the moment and he's going to cost us dearly if Evatt keeps playing him. Drop him pronto imo.

28Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sun Apr 11 2021, 14:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Another uninspiring performance. Absolutely awful first half, I can't understand why Evans keeps giving Maddison game time, he has done absolutely nothing to justify it. We were MUCH better when Thomason replaced him after half-time and filled in the massive midfield hole.

Even so, too many of this team are out of form and not producing.

I still think play-offs is more likely than automatic promotion, even with most of the other teams doing their best to keep us in the top 3.
Totally agree. Yes we scraped the points despite giving them loads of chances to level but again it was unconvincing and we won’t get away with that when we play teams like Exeter.
I think Maddison has had enough chances now and we need sarcevic back ASAP.
Somehow we have to pass and move better than we have been doing but there were a few bright spots to build on.
I’m wondering if some of the players are starting to believe their own hype because yesterday they seem to have forgotten that they have to earn the right to play the fancy stuff by winning the midfield battle and stringing moves together to bypass the press - we only got to grips with that when the subs came on and changed the momentum.
Even then we lived dangerously.
I only hope the work ethic improves next time out and that Evatt’s selection is less frivolous. Tough games coming up.

29Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sun Apr 11 2021, 15:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I couldn't help but think that Dapo's looked tired, and its starting to show in his play. Rarely pushed forward, and when he did his passes often went astray. We know he was brilliant a few games ago, but not now it seems, at least to me. I also think the charge up the table has taken more out of the team than we realise. Two players who still have life in them are George, 'The Centurion' Thomason, and Elbouzedi, and should get lots more play than they are.
Never been a fan of Madison, although was prepared to give him a chance. He really is rubbish. He runs away from the play, doesn't tackle, and falls over when someone runs past him. Roams all over the pitch, so you never know where he is. Good point(s)? - he now has boots of the same colour. I hope we don't see him on the pitch again. One of the commentators said that he's trying to play 'Champagne' football, I think he's right, but flashy finishes have to be supported by hard work and skill.

30Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Sun Apr 11 2021, 16:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Tranmere drew. What’s up with you lately
Getting old Smile

31Bolton 2-1 Harrogate - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Harrogate Mon Apr 12 2021, 09:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum