Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton

+10
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
terenceanne
wessy
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 13:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS have ended Marcus Maddison’s loan spell from Charlton Athletic by mutual consent.

The playmaker, who was substituted at half-time in Saturday’s 2-1 win against Harrogate, is understood to have struggled living away from his family, based in the club’s hotel.

Maddison made 10 appearances for Bolton, including four starts, but failed to nail down a regular first team berth.

Manager, Ian Evatt, had said after Saturday’s game that the 27-year-old still had a part to play in Wanderers’ season. But the club confirmed this afternoon that Maddison has returned home and will no longer be part of the squad at the University of Bolton Stadium.

“We would like to thank Marcus for his contribution during his time with us and he leaves with our full support,” Evatt said.

“The consequences of the pandemic have brought many challenges to so many people, and Marcus, in particular, has found it exceptionally difficult being away from his young daughter and alone in his hotel room.

“First and foremost, our priority is the well-being of all our staff and players, and Marcus’s best interests are paramount.

“He is a very talented footballer and everybody at Bolton Wanderers Football Club wishes him well for the future.”

Chairman Sharon Brittan added: “Having spent some time with Marcus over the past couple of weeks, it became clear that he was in need of some additional support.

“Marcus is a lovely man who I really warmed to and we will ensure that he gets the correct support he needs.

“Although his time with the club was relatively short, he will always remain in the Bolton Family.”

Wanderers have also politely requested that Maddison’s privacy is respected.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 13:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now i feel bad for slagging him off, still needs to ditch the headbands though  Very Happy

3Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 14:18

Must have been fucking miserable living in an empty hotel to be fair. Sounds like the right move for him, shame it hasn't worked out.

4Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 14:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can think of millions of people who actually have it bad.

5Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 14:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never looked comfortable, or happy. I wish him well for the future.

6Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 14:55

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:I can think of millions of people who actually have it bad.
I'm with you on this Boggers.

I don't think his habit of rolling around on the floor at every opportunity as though he had been shot helped his cause.

7Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 16:47

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just never seemed to be a good match, a bad start didn't help but just didn't gel. Good luck to the lad it won't effect us in a bad way so no damage done.

8Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 17:24

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just from a footballing perspective does that leave us with an open slot for another backup player or its probably too late now for that now.
Maddison would have been cut anyhow at the end of the season.  So good luck to him.

9Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 09:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done to the club for addressing the issue head on and good luck to Maddison going forward.
From a footballing perspective it may help with the promotion push as trying to find his elusive talent has been an experiment at the cost of our combative midfield and in our current position we need to scrap for results rather than try to play beautifully. 
Get promoted and we’ll have all summer to investigate that option but right now we need to focus on control and competitiveness to drag ourselves over the line.

10Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 13:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it means Thomason starts more regularly then it's worth him going. The lad is going to be a very good player.

11Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 21:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I fee for Marcus and having suffered depression myself I can honestly say I understand some of what he's been going through. It's not easy to live with and I hope he gets the help he needs now so he can come back stronger. It must have been exceptionally difficult for him given the restrictions from the pandemic as well. Even with the full suport of my family and friends it's not always been easy for me and I'm not in the public eye the way a professional footballer is. All power to the club for the way they've dealt with this case and I wish Marcus all the best for the future.

12Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Tue May 18 2021, 21:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

13Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Tue May 18 2021, 21:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope the guy can start enjoying football again.

14Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Wed May 19 2021, 01:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's a hell of a drop down the divisions.

15Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Wed May 19 2021, 09:54

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:That's a hell of a drop down the divisions.

I think it’s just so he can keep playing but with little or no pressure. Good luck to the guy, such a talent but sadly not the mental health to match it at the moment.

16Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Wed May 19 2021, 10:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he can play football and have a career outside football (is he doing online gaming?) then it may work out better for him, but he is definitely too good for tier 8 of the pyramid!

17Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Tue Jun 08 2021, 16:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marcus has opened up about his time with us in an article in Lad's Bible and basically said everything that could go wrong went wrong....and going off the first paragraph alone I can believe it.....

“It just felt like everything went wrong for me at Bolton. 
“From the minute I joined, I went to put my TV up in the bedroom and the TV fell and smashed. In my first game, I got a red card in 10 minutes. And I also crashed my car.
“Just loads of different things. It just kept going wrong and wrong and wrong. I’m away from home, in a hotel room, seven days a week. Can I be bothered with this? I wasn’t playing or enjoying myself. I didn’t want to be there.
“It got to a point where I didn’t care what they said. I said to my agent that I don’t care whether they allow me to go or they fire me, I’m going. I’ve had enough. But luckily [manager] Ian Evatt and the owner were very understanding. They rang me as I was driving home. So I’m glad they understood, but I was leaving regardless.”

18Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Wed Jun 09 2021, 01:41

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good luck to the lad. Think a lot of us have been to where he was at that time. I know I have, more than once.

19Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Tue Aug 08 2023, 12:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been sent to prison for 20 months for punching a 60 year old woman.

What an utter bellend.

20Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Tue Aug 08 2023, 12:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a coward. I hope he has prepared his soap on a string!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum