Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton

+10
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
terenceanne
wessy
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Wed Aug 09 2023, 11:07

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Clearly a troubled young man and I doubt that a two year stretch will improve him.

22Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Wed Aug 09 2023, 11:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those ridiculous headbands he wore when he played for us were worthy of a jail sentence alone.

23Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Marcus Maddison Leaves Bolton Wed Aug 09 2023, 13:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The local paper report on the attack -

Footballer Marcus Maddison caged after drunken attack left woman, 60, in pool of blood

An ex-Darlington footballer has been caged after hurling cheesy chips at a 60-year-old woman before shattering her jaw in a one-punch attack.

Footballer Marcus Maddison launched the assault as the woman made her way home from Darlington town centre with her daughter. The drunken brute hurled cheesy chips at the mum after calling her daughter a "fat s***".

At an earlier hearing, Teesside Crown Court heard Maddison - who played for Darlington Football Club at the time - had already challenged two other women in a kebab shop after being annoyed at them 'skipping the queue'. Outlining the case in July, prosecutor Robin Turton said the incident took place on September 24, last year, while the defendant was out drinking with a friend in Darlington.

EXTRACT FROM THE EARLIER HEARING REPORTED IN THE LOCAL PAPER -

Earlier in the night, Teesside Crown Court heard Maddison - who played for Darlington Football Club at the time - had already challenged two other women in a kebab shop after being annoyed at them 'skipping the queue'. Outlining the case, prosecutor Robin Turton said the incident took place on September 24, last year, whilst the defendant was out drinking with a friend in Darlington.

Mr Turton said at around 3am, Maddison and his friend left The Gate and went to get food from a kebab shop before they made their way home. The prosecutor said whilst walking the 29-year-old exchanged words with the victim's daughter saying "f*** off, don't come near me you fat s***" before another person shouted "you f***** wait" to which the defendant replied "you won't f***** catch me."

The prosecutor said: "Throughout the exchange [name of defendant's friend] was telling the defendant 'home Marcus home' and later up the street he heard the defendant say 'you come near me and I'm going to pelt these cheesy chips at you' and he saw the defendant throw his chips with some hitting the victim."

The court heard that Maddison fell over as he was throwing his food before getting up and punching the woman in the face. Mr Turton said his friend heard a "distinctive pop sound of the blow" as the 60-year-old victim fell to the ground.

The defendant fled the scene before police officers on Duke Street spotted the victim on the floor holding her face. Mr Turton said: "There was a steady stream of blood coming from what appeared to be a broken nose. She was in the doorway of a shop in Duke Street with her daughter. She was unable to speak due to her injuries."

Mr Turton said her daughter told police they were walking home from a night out whilst she was on the phone to her friend. She said the defendant started to mimic her and hurl abuse when an argument started and her mother became involved. She said her mum told the defendant the abuse was uncalled for.

Shortly after the incident, the defendant was arrested by police and whilst examining his hand they noticed an oversized ring. He told police at the scene "she either hits me or I hit her, I had no other option".

The court heard the victim was taken to Darlington Memorial Hospital and an examination revealed swelling and bruising to the left side of her face. A CT scan revealed multiple mid-facial bone fractures.

In video interview the victim said she continues to suffer from numbness to her teeth, damage to her sinuses, an altered sense of taste and smell. She has pain and struggles with dizzy spells, headaches and blackouts. She said she is now reluctant to go out on her own.

In police interview the defendant made no comment to all questions however, on June 20 he appeared Newton Aycliffe Magistrates' Court and pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm without intent. The court heard he is of previous good character.

Recorder Paul Reid adjourned the case for a victim personal statement and updated medical evidence. He granted Maddison - previously of High Causeway, Peterborough - unconditional bail and told him to appear at the same court on August 8 for sentence.

Mr Turton said at around 3am, Maddison and his friend left The Gate and went to get food from a kebab shop before they made their way home. The prosecutor said while walking the 29-year-old exchanged words with the victim's daughter saying "f*** off, don't come near me you fat s***" before another person shouted "you f***** wait" to which the defendant replied "you won't f***** catch me."

The prosecutor said: "Throughout the exchange [name of defendant's friend] was telling the defendant 'home Marcus home' and later up the street he heard the defendant say 'you come near me and I'm going to pelt these cheesy chips at you' and he saw the defendant throw his chips with some hitting the victim."

The court heard that Maddison fell over as he was throwing his food before getting up and punching the woman in the face. Mr Turton said his friend heard a "distinctive pop sound of the blow" as the 60-year-old victim fell to the ground.

The defendant fled the scene before police officers on Duke Street spotted the victim on the floor holding her face. Mr Turton said: "There was a steady stream of blood coming from what appeared to be a broken nose. She was in the doorway of a shop in Duke Street with her daughter. She was unable to speak due to her injuries."

The court heard the victim was taken to Darlington Memorial Hospital and an examination revealed swelling and bruising to the left side of her face. A CT scan revealed multiple mid-facial bone fractures.

In a recent victim impact statement, the woman said she now regularly makes trips to the doctors following the attack, she said: "My jaw was broken in multiple places. I can't eat on the left hand side of my mouth. I have problems with my teeth.

"I can no longer smell properly and have been on various different medications by my general practitioner to treat various ongoing issues. I've been a regular visitor to my GP since the assault. I have nerve damage to my face on the last hand side and my taste buds are damaged."

Maddison appeared before the court again on Tuesday to be sentenced.

In mitigation, Maddison's barrister Tabitha Buck said the defendant has no previous convictions and is very remorseful for his actions. She said Maddison has stopped drinking since the incident and admitted grievous bodily harm without intent.

Ms Buck said he has previously been a "positive member of society" and hopes to gain employment as a tattoo artist. Despite this, Recorder Paul Reid said: "public violence like this is so serious that only a immediate custodial sentence can possibly be justified."

The dad -whose address is listed as High Causeway, Peterborough - was handed a 20-month prison sentence. At an earlier hearing Mr Buck said the defendant was staying in the Yarm area.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum