Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are Bolton getting their money from

+7
Growler
MartinBWFC
Norpig
wanderlust
Hip Priest
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Where are Bolton getting their money from Empty Where are Bolton getting their money from Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I got an email from the Bobsworth's investment advisor this afty.

He's a bit of a footie fan and his lad's on Morecambe's books.

'p.s. Where are Bolton getting their money from for 2/3 year contracts! Most in League One and Two only give a year', he wrote.

What should I tell him?

• A magic money tree?
  • Aunty Sharon's piggy bank?
  • The Co-op bank on security of Sam Allardyce's £100million Reebok Stadium funded, according to the Beeno's esteemed financial guru, by Gordon Hargreaves?
  • Covid loans?
  • The Supporters Trust?
  • Dale Vince?
  • In 2/3 years time we'll be back in the Premiership?
  • Wait for the accounts. They'll only be twelve months out of date when we eventually get to see 'em but at least it'll be a start?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe we should ask Wanderlust, he's a business advisor and would know all about these things!

(only joking before it all kicks off again!!!)

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Maybe we should ask Wanderlust, he's a business advisor and would know all about these things!

(only joking before it all kicks off again!!!)

Behave yourself! We've got guests coming round. Very Happy Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And the answer is a broad base of investors who are effectively betting on BWFC succeeding.

At some point the business will have to wash it's face.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:And the answer is a broad base of investors who are effectively betting on BWFC succeeding.

'A broad base of investors betting on BWFC succeeding!!!!
I'll tell him that. It might amuse him.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We all had a whip round on here while you were away Bob and Nuts now have a seat on the board, surprising what £37 and a few foreign coins can get you these days.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:We all had a whip round on here while you were away Bob and Nuts now have a seat on the board, surprising what £37 and a few foreign coins can get you these days.
Do you realise that's 74 times more than the 'special friend' of the ST and the Beeno paid?
Any chance we'll be seeing you in Part 2 of  'Born to be a Wanderer'?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Do you realise that's 74 times more than the 'special friend' of the ST and the Beeno paid?
Any chance we'll be seeing you in Part 2 of  'Born to be a Wanderer'?
Afraid not Bob, i'm not very photogenic, it may put people off. I have to have seats around my season ticket kept free so i don't scare anyone.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:And the answer is a broad base of investors who are effectively betting on BWFC succeeding.

:rofl:

Yeah right...

Care to name any of these broad base of investors who have sunk their money into a club who aren't allowed to have any fans bringing in match day revenues for the last season and a half, who got RELEGATED to the bottom most tier in the national league, who have been under player embargo in all this time, who were all but bottom of the league in January of this year and seemed highly likely to still be in the bottom tier league this season too.

All of these negatives and a broad base of investors still throwing their money in without any form of security???

Investing their money on a team with around 10k ST sales in the bottom reaches of the league turning in some amazing profits in order to get their stake money back - let alone make a profit????

As for backing us to succeed - this will be the start of the third year Sharon has been here and if you haven't noticed we are back to where we started when she took over - and still miles away from breaking even never mind being successful either in league terms or financial wise (we still owe the Administrator his fees yet ffs!!!)

A real life Business Analysis - oh aye, of course you are!!!

I think you've got totally confused with Nick Luckock's involvement with the club, whose private equity money is on a call down arrangement at a set interest rate.  It is a loan arrangement not an investment opportunity.

There might be one or two personal friends of Sharon backing her such as Nick Mason perhaps but certainly nothing like a those imaginary 'broad base' of investors you claim to be!

You're a complete fake mate. why do you even try to make out what you are clearly not???

:facepalm:

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lusty seems to me, Sluffy, that he might be so devoid of clues that he doesn't have any clue how clueless he actually is. 

But the mystery remains. If Sharon has friends that are ready to part with £millions, how and when are they going to get their money back?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-ever-lend-money-to-family-and-friends-its-not-worth-it-2018-11-08

Maybe Terrie and the Dreamers can explain it. After all hasn't Terrence explained to us all that he knows a 'credible business plan' when he sees one?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Lusty seems to me, Sluffy, that he might be so devoid of clues that he doesn't have any clue how clueless he actually is. 

But the mystery remains. If Sharon has friends that are ready to part with £millions, how and when are they going to get their money back?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-ever-lend-money-to-family-and-friends-its-not-worth-it-2018-11-08

Maybe Terrie and the Dreamers can explain it. After all hasn't Terrence explained to us all that he knows a 'credible business plan' when he sees one?
And sluffy wants recruits from another site! how would this site attract decent posters when you have obnoxious pricks like this?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Lusty seems to me, Sluffy, that he might be so devoid of clues that he doesn't have any clue how clueless he actually is. 

And sluffy wants recruits from another site! how would this site attract decent posters when you have obnoxious pricks like this?

I don't particularly want any 'recruits' from anywhere, who wouldn't want to be here - I mean what's the point in that?

There's a big misconception that because we all post on forums like here and WW that everybody else will want to do so to if only they got to hear about us.

Well they don't!!!

Forums are a thing of the past for most everybody else and that's why they, tweet, Facebook, Instagram and everything that people have been doing for the last ten or fifteen years or whatever.

Nuts has been around long enough to be known about by anyone looking to post on a forum and let's be honest if we liked the casual abuse and hatred and posting five or less words per post, then we most probably wouldn't be on Nuts either would we?

We are what we are, if people don't like it then go and find something more to your taste elsewhere.

We are simply here because we prefer to be here than the other forums or twitter or whatever.

And for the record what is actually wrong with Bobs post?

It's factual in that Wanderlust doesn't know what he is talking about in regards to business financial analysis in what he posts on here.

It's factual that keeping business and family and friends separate to each other is a wise thing to do and that Terence Rigby the Chair of the ST did say he knows a creditable business plan when he sees one.

How is speaking the truth in the manner in which he does make him an "obnoxious prick" in your eyes???

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

I don't particularly want any 'recruits' from anywhere, who wouldn't want to be here - I mean what's the point in that?

There's a big misconception that because we all post on forums like here and WW that everybody else will want to do so to if only they got to hear about us.

Well they don't!!!

Forums are a thing of the past for most everybody else and that's why they, tweet, Facebook, Instagram and everything that people have been doing for the last ten or fifteen years or whatever.

Nuts has been around long enough to be known about by anyone looking to post on a forum and let's be honest if we liked the casual abuse and hatred and posting five or less words per post, then we most probably wouldn't be on Nuts either would we?

We are what we are, if people don't like it then go and find something more to your taste elsewhere.

We are simply here because we prefer to be here than the other forums or twitter or whatever.

It's factual in that Wanderlust doesn't know what he is talking about in regards to business financial analysis in what he posts on here.

It's factual that keeping business and family and friends separate to each other is a wise thing to do and that Terence Rigby the Chair of the ST did say he knows a creditable business plan when he sees one.

How is speaking the truth in the manner in which he does make him an "obnoxious prick" in your eyes?
Belittling folk on a football forum is obnoxious in my eyes, and he's at the forefront of most abusive comments to " twerps " as he likes to label people, his comments to decent posters on here are part of the reason this site is dying.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Well they don't!!!

How is speaking the truth in the manner in which he does make him an "obnoxious prick" in your eyes?
Belittling folk on a football forum is obnoxious in my eyes, and he's at the forefront of most abusive comments to " twerps " as he likes to label people, his comments to decent posters on here are part of the reason this site is dying.

The site is dying because the fun has gone out of it and we've had people who have constantly put their own agendas ahead of everybody else's enjoyment - it is as simple as that really.

Is being called twerps really that obnoxious, you've often called me far, far, worse in the past, likened me to Hitler, refer to me as the Fuhrer, maybe you should start to practice what you preach then eh, before calling out anyone else.

Just a thought.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Yeah right...

Care to name any of these broad base of investors who have sunk their money into a club who aren't allowed to have any fans bringing in match day revenues for the last season and a half, who got RELEGATED to the bottom most tier in the national league, who have been under player embargo in all this time, who were all but bottom of the league in January of this year and seemed highly likely to still be in the bottom tier league this season too.
Ironically if you knew the first thing about investment you would know that mismanaged struggling businesses with assets and a decent customer base are often very attractive to investors - especially when the options are accept our offer or lose everything.

As for the names of the investors you requested:

Sharon Brittan
Mike James
Nick Luckock
Parminder Basran
Jeff Thomas

The bigger issue is that there is an implication in the question posed that BWFC has lots of money - despite the fact that there is no evidence whatsoever. I haven't seen excessive spending have you?
I have seen a load of surmise and speculation though.

Perhaps "Bob" should be asking his friend where Morecambe are getting all their money from given that they've just signed Gnouah who we couldn't afford to keep?

Or is that just spinning it back?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Yeah right...

Ironically if you knew the first thing about investment you would know that mismanaged struggling businesses with assets and a decent customer base are often very attractive to investors - especially when the options are accept our offer or lose everything.

As for the names of the investors you requested:

Sharon Brittan
Mike James
Nick Luckock
Parminder Basran
Jeff Thomas

The bigger issue is that there is an implication in the question posed that BWFC has lots of money - despite the fact that there is no evidence whatsoever. I haven't seen excessive spending have you?
I have seen a load of surmise and speculation though.

Perhaps "Bob" should be asking his friend where Morecambe are getting all their money from given that they've just signed Gnouah who we couldn't afford to keep?

Or is that just spinning it back?

You really are full of bollocks.

Gnouah was released to free up squad places to bring others in.

If we couldn't afford to keep him then how the fuck can we afford to pay all these new players that we've just signed on three year contracts???

What the hell are you on about that there are 'implications the BWFC have lots of money'???

Sharon and Evatt have consistently told us that they are working within constrained budgets to make the club self-sustainable - does that sound as though we have lots of money particularly knowing Sharon needs to find £3.5m to pay off unsecured creditors and a further £1m to settle with the Administrator and both to be done by the end of this month???

As for these broad base of investors...

Non of those you've mentioned are effectively betting on BWFC succeeding as Sharon, James and Luckock OWN the club and have guaranteed their investments by securing them against the clubs assets, Basran was never even involved in the first place as an investor, he brokered the deal and left in July 2019 BEFORE the club was even bought which took place the month AFTER.

Similar to with Thomas who bailed out as a director at the end of July 2019 too - and as for his investment he put money in to buy a share ownership which he sold back to the club on quitting his involvement altogether!

Nobody has taken a punt here at all - they all can walk away with the money they put in whatever happens!!!

And finally if Bolton was such an outstanding investment opportunity then where were Ron Billionaire and all the others then?  Why did we end up with the only players in town being Bassini and Sharon (who couldn't even afford to settle the Administrators fees)???

And don't give me the bollocks about having to deal with Anderson - look at how long it took Wigan to find someone to buy them and they didn't even have a former owner to satisfy!

You once again sounded off as though you were clever and knowledgeable about these things and once again you just ended up displaying your ignorance and stupidity and can't face up to being found out yet again.

I'm pretty sure this is where you initially went wrong but instead of holding your hand up you've dug yourself an even deeper hole with all the stupid shit you've posted above!

Sluffy wrote:I think you've got totally confused with Nick Luckock's involvement with the club, whose private equity money is on a call down arrangement at a set interest rate.  It is a loan arrangement not an investment opportunity.

:facepalm:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Load of tosh but I will hold my hand up - like you I have no idea whatsoever how much or how little the Ordinary A shareholders have invested in the club.

Although if you are to be believed we can assume that Nick Luckock was handed a bunch of shares for free. Fortunately I've never had to take out a loan other than a mortgage when I bought my first property but if I ever did I'd be sure to give the lender shares in my business instead of a charge over the assets. Not.

And like you I have absolutely zero knowledge how the club is financing the contracts, how much they are worth or of any caveats that may or may not be contained therein.

Like you, I don't know the P&L, cashflow or current balance.

Fact is you know absolutely sweet fuck all about it but it won't stop you pontificating will it?

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If he'd still been alive, today would have been the 75th birthday of Eddie Davies and he and Sue could have celebrated together and looked forward to a few more years of Eddie's retirement doing the things they enjoyed doing together.

Sadly all that was denied them both and Sue could be forgiven for thinking it might have been different if Eddie had not spent most of his retirement years living with the stress and trauma of trying to keep BWFC afloat whilst suffering the abuse of TWE*PS and charlatans.

It didn't stop with his untimely death either. Sue may not have known about all of it and may even be able to forgive and forget. I'm afraid I can't.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Paying  the clubs creditors 25p in the pound is a good way for football clubs to raise transfer funds.Wigan were the latest club to use this method to outspend their relegation rivals last season

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Growler wrote:Paying  the clubs creditors 25p in the pound is a good way for football clubs to raise transfer funds.Wigan were the latest club to use this method to outspend their relegation rivals last season
It does help cashflow if you can avoid £millions owed to secured and unsecured creditors and defer payment for three years.

Sharon's achieved her ambition of owning the majority share in a football club with an impressive stadium and infrastructure for very little outlay. We should know in a couple of weeks how much additional debt has been taken on but only up to a year ago unless she decides to tell us more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum