Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle, where did it go wrong?

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coyle, where did it go wrong? Empty Coyle, where did it go wrong? Wed Oct 10 2012, 02:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For me it was his stubborness, firstly to play his favourites, secondly to stick by his mates and family. you reap what you sow Owen, thats your downfall, good riddance.

2Coyle, where did it go wrong? Empty Re: Coyle, where did it go wrong? Wed Oct 10 2012, 06:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't agree with his choices, but I don't work with the players week in week out so it's just speculation as to what his reasons were.

For example, I'd like to have seen some of the younger guys getting a game more often e.g. Riley for Mears - but maybe Riley just isn't ready? I don't know as I don't train with the team.

And the tactics bemused me, but maybe he tried other things and they just didn't work out in training - who knows,

What I do know is that it didn't work and it was difficult to understand why he didn't mix it up a bit seeing as we kept doing the same things and getting the same shit results.

And I'll bet that a lot of players who were left out got pretty pissed off. Maybe a new manager will get them all motivated and fighting for places - at least I hope that will happen.

3Coyle, where did it go wrong? Empty Re: Coyle, where did it go wrong? Wed Oct 10 2012, 12:08

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

We all saw the promises of bringing in younger players, however, losing managers under pressure almost always will revert to the default position of going for experience and abandoning their principles.

The exception which comes to mind was Sir Nat in his caretaker role turning out a side almost exclusively young players against the Blades in the early 1970s. We won 2-1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum