Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where did it all go wrong?

+7
doffcocker
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where did it all go wrong? Empty Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was it pulling good old Burnden Park down and moving to the Reebok thus alienating many fans?

Was it due to the club not backing Big Sam's ambitions by giving him a few more quid to get into the Champions League?

Perhaps Big Sam's has beens costing a complete fortune in wages?

Simply poor management with business decisions withing the club?

Where did it all go wrong for you?

2Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not signing Rob Earnshaw.

3Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:25

You beat me to it.

I was going to post the same gag but with Lita instead of that Welsh dwarf.

4Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And here's me thinking that this could have been a constructive thread. Very Happy

5Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The formation of Greater Manchester and Bolton's failure to win city status leading to a shrinking of boundaries, dilution of catchment area and reduction of fanbase. This in conjunction with overambitious expectations for the football club that were out of line with our reduced status i.e. financing a bid to get to the top of the Premiership/Europe when our natural financial base equates to pretty much where we are now.

6Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It all started when BSA left the scene.
Far from a disaster,had the right man been appointed,but the powers that be decided to dump the responsibility onto the shoulders of little Sammy Lee. Criminal,even though the poor sod got very little time to put his mark on the squad. From then on it's been one disaster after another.
We all know where the buck stops.

7Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look at that picture and tell me he hasn't got at least an extra half a chromosome somewhere......

8Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look at that picture and tell me he hasn't got at least an extra half a chromosome somewhere......
Does anyone else smile at the same time as lifting their eye brows?

Very strange that...

9Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can pinpoint the exact day, year and venue where it started to go wrong.

Boxing Day, 2009, Turf Moor.

11Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:And here's me thinking that this could have been a constructive thread. Very Happy

An Earnshaw/Lita front two would shoot us to the play-offs.

12Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:It all started when BSA left the scene.
Far from a disaster,had the right man been appointed,but the powers that be decided to dump the responsibility onto the shoulders of little Sammy Lee. Criminal,even though the poor sod got very little time to put his mark on the squad. From then on it's been one disaster after another.

I'd agree with this.

Allardyce's team was ageing and needed rebuilding. Allardyce may or may not have been able to do that but the managers from Lee onwards certainly could not.

Megson paid huge money for so-so players and even that was a high-water mark for everybody that came later.  

Even then Coyle should never have got us relegated with the squad he had and Freedman blew our last hope by cocking up the Blackpool game that would have got us into the play-offs.

The sad thing is we've not hit rock bottom yet - more shit will be happening to us and soon - imo.

13Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I also see it getting a lot worse.

It's becoming more of a talking point in the media by the day, especially since the news about the wages. It just has a worryingly Portsmouth like feel about it. I know every case is unique and we're not Portsmouth but it's hard to imagine how we might be better off than they were.

It looks like all the talk of various ex players and company buying the club might have been false hope which is pretty typical.

14Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a bloody good question. I really wish I knew the answer.

15Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously when we decided to spend money we couldn't possibly get back in any way shape or form.

16Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Obviously when we decided to spend money we couldn't possibly get back in any way shape or form.
How is that obvious?

Are talking talking in Allardyce days when we looked like a permanent Premier League club in that respect with millions of revenue from Sky etc coming in every season?

17Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Tue Dec 01 2015, 21:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes unfortunately not as many millions as were going out.

as I said obvious really.

18Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Wed Dec 02 2015, 01:30

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"I have a fax in my pocket".

"We got the better Sam"

Those are two but the real one is 

"Bolton Wanderers are pleased to announce that Phil Gartside is now the chairman of the club".

19Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong? Wed Dec 02 2015, 08:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:It all started when BSA left the scene.

I'd agree with this.

Allardyce's team was ageing and needed rebuilding.  Allardyce may or may not have been able to do that but the managers from Lee onwards certainly could not.

Megson paid huge money for so-so players and even that was a high-water mark for everybody that came later.  

Even then Coyle should never have got us relegated with the squad he had and Freedman blew our last hope by cocking up the Blackpool game that would have got us into the play-offs.

The sad thing is we've not hit rock bottom yet - more shit will be happening to us and soon - imo.

I agree with all of the above.

Lee was a massive mistake. Coyle was another. I think if we had kept Allardyce for another couple of years we might be in a better place now judging by what he achieved at West Ham (and it will be interesting to see if he can save Sunderland from relegation).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum