Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paolo Di Canio For Bolton!

+12
doffcocker
Keegan
WhiteBic
JonnyRandom
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Barryjw
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 10:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Paolo Di Canio wants the Bolton job!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ok, he doesn't exactly say he wants it but he's not going to while employed by Swindown Town. But he doesn't dismiss it and his carefully chosen words suggest he'd consider it.

WOW! This would be a brilliant coup for BWFC. It would even get me excited again.

Come on, get behind Di Canio for Bolton!

2Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:02

Never going to happen.

3Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shut it you fat bastard. If a manager doesn't dismiss it then he's interested.

I'm going out buying a new Wanderers shirt with "Di Canio" on the back.

4Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:08

Di Canio would be a great choice for manager. For a start in his managerial career he has a 62% win ratio which should not be ignored. He was also a great player which always helps. And perhaps most importantly he makes it clear he is in charge and won't stand for any messing.

I would be chuffed if Di Canio got the job.

5Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:16

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

we will go for a manager were we wont have to pay compensation to another club.

Plus, Di Canio is a total nutjob, he is defo not the 'yes man' Gartside wants. canio will want total control.

Im not saying id not have him - i would, I just cant see it.

6Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:24

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Barking mad! But I like him

7Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:we will go for a manager were we wont have to pay compensation to another club.

Plus, Di Canio is a total nutjob, he is defo not the 'yes man' Gartside wants. canio will want total control.

Eddie Davies has probably had enough of 'yes men', hopefully he'll see the major impact Di Canio could have on Bolton Wanderers.

Di Canio would raise the profile of the club and put more bums on seats - that should be all the club care about.

8Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:47

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:we will go for a manager were we wont have to pay compensation to another club.

Eddie Davies has probably had enough of 'yes men', hopefully he'll see the major impact Di Canio could have on Bolton Wanderers.

Di Canio would raise the profile of the club and put more bums on seats - that should be all the club care about.

I agree raising the profile of the club and putting bums on seats is an important issue, I think he would be very much like jose morinio at Chelsea - A kind of likeable, cocky nut case of a man! you cant argue that having him around would get us noticed, he also will have a lot of 'clout' with transfers and the like, so thats good.

but winning games is also very important.

9Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is absolutely barking mad as well as being extremely passionate. He would be a very interesting signing indeed. Mo's mate Roy wont be happy!

10Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 11:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

never going to happen.

If Di Canio wants to be successful higher up the league he will have to tone down his antics.

It's all very well in "LIGA WAN" but "big club" chairman won't want the kind of publicity he brings.

11Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 12:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ignoring the fact he is mad as a box of frogs, the guy is obviously getting the reustlts at Swindon which means he is doing something right and should be considered, I can't imagine Swindon wanthing a lot in terms of compensation.

Wouldn't argue with him being appointed that's for sure.

12Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty I don't get it.. Thu 11 Oct - 12:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why is Paulo di canio such a popular choice? He's a tool with non existant man management skills, just look at the way he treated his goalkeeper. Maybe his way of doing things works with unknown players but I can't see KD or matt mills putting up with him.. Matt mills ended up nutting the Leicester boss for christs sake! Di canio would fail miserably with us as we are too big for him.

I know solskjaer is a big risk also but I feel his way of management would work and he could maybe even promote us...

13Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:never going to happen.

If Di Canio wants to be successful higher up the league he will have to tone down his antics.

It's all very well in "LIGA WAN" but "big club" chairman won't want the kind of publicity he brings.

Chairman want success. Di Canio might be a bit barmy but he's not a trouble maker - he simply puts the club first which is what every fan should want.

For me Di Canio ticks every box except experience of the Championship, but it's a risk worth taking. I reckon he'd have Zat Knight out on loan at Accrington within a week.

14Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 12:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't get me wrong, i think he's done a good job at Swindon and I'm fond of his take no shit attitude. But punching players, sacking them, subbing them at half time?

He takes it too far, he definitely, definitely won't get the job. Gartside is looking for a cheap, cheap appointment IMO, and if you read the other forums the rumours are Appleton is a shoe in to work alongside Sammy Lee

I have to say that would be a extremely odd move, to promote SL, who was an unmitigated disaster. (don't forget this is the move Gartside pitched to Coyle) and then to have him work alongside someone who hasn't done anything exceptional at Pompey, granted he's worked in extremely testing circumstance and obviously has some skill in the motivation department but it's some step up.

I'd back him of course but it's an appointment that would really underwhelm me. Especially seeing SL come back into the fold.

15Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 12:38

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Di Canio is a man who gives a shit about the job he is supposed to be doing, if anyone gets in his way or in the way of the club he is working for - then he gets fucked off, like his keeper did.

I liked that, hes got big balls... so to speak.

he will tell players like Knight and Ngog to sort it the fuck out or fuck off... in those words...

16Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 12:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The WBA fans tipped Appleton to be their new manager after Hodgson left for the england post so he must be half decent.

Lee is an exceptional coach IMO, he has worked at the very highest level and we all know he isn't manager material but as an assistant I can't think of many better who worked under big sam when he was here.

As for Di Canio subbing them at half time, it isn't the worst thing in the world, some of our players this season have deserved to be subbed after 10minutes lef alone half time.

17Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 12:59

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You want change .... there you have it....... better or worse at least somat will happen instead of just plodding along in mediorcrity.

18Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 13:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gonnawin4coyle wrote:Why is Paulo di canio such a popular choice? He's a tool with non existant man management skills, just look at the way he treated his goalkeeper. Maybe his way of doing things works with unknown players but I can't see KD or matt mills putting up with him.. Matt mills ended up nutting the Leicester boss for christs sake! Di canio would fail miserably with us as we are too big for him.

So you're saying there should be one rule for Kevin Davies/Matt Mills and one for lower league players? This is where Coyle went wrong, treating the players like they were world class and not to be messed with.

Sometimes a good telling off or being hauled off after 25 minutes sends a message to the players (and fans) that the manager is running the show and if anyone crosses him they will be out.

19Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 13:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thats one thing, a punch up with the players is another.

nothing wrong with a task master, a violent one... hmm.

20Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu 11 Oct - 13:19

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ive be shouting for di canio for over a month now. Saw this and i was VERY EXITEEEE

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum