Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paolo Di Canio For Bolton!

+12
doffcocker
Keegan
WhiteBic
JonnyRandom
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Barryjw
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 13:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've put a couple of quid on Appleton just in case.

I've also put 50p's on OGS, Freedman and Souness. lol.

22Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 13:27

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I agree with terenceanne and Natasha. We need a shake up big time, we need players fighting for their place in the team and get some fighting spirit within the squad. We need to bring back fortress reebok, we need some passion!!

Imo there would be a good chance of us being up there fighting for a promotion spot early next year. I just don't think Di Canio is a PG kind of appointment!

23Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 15:33

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think a PG kind of appointment is exactly what we don't need at present. To use a rather tired cliche, the club needs to think outside the box.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

24Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 15:49

i would love it if di canio was bolton manager!

25Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 16:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would be ambivalent about the appointment.
Is he a passionate bloke that gets results or a bully that doesn't? Obviously at the moment the former is true, but that's a year and a half at Swindon. These type of characters can be a dream at one club and a nightmare at another. Look at Megson and West Brom.
What enthuses me is he'd be the opposite of Coyle in that there'd be no special treatment for the likes of Kevin Davies.

26Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 16:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I would be ambivalent about the appointment.
Is he a passionate bloke that gets results or a bully that doesn't? Obviously at the moment the former is true, but that's a year and a half at Swindon. These type of characters can be a dream at one club and a nightmare at another. Look at Megson and West Brom.
What enthuses me is he'd be the opposite of Coyle in that there'd be no special treatment for the likes of Kevin Davies.

18 months is a long time to sustain results if you don't have any managerial talent, especially as Swindon were paticularly crap when he took over. I think he might just know how to get the best out of footballers - those that can't be arsed or don't perform are shown the door. I don't see that as a negative.

27Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 16:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've just had a look on Transfer Markt and must admit to being impressed by the wheeling and dealing he's done.

28Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I've just had a look on Transfer Markt and must admit to being impressed by the wheeling and dealing he's done.

I'm glad you said that. Too many people are judging Di Canio on his past and his passionate post-match interviews.

People should give him more credit, unlike a lot of big name stars he was prepared to start at the bottom with an unfashionable club and has worked wonders. The fact he is a big name and was a good player will always work in his favour in the transfer market as well.

Not forgetting, according to the Swindon fans, they play attacking passing football.

29Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Thought i'd get a Swindon fans view of Di Canio and the 2 fans make for interesting reading.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

30Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two comments have put the fear of God into me:

I'm also not keen on his rigid 4-4-2's.

tends to have his favourites

It's Coyle MkII.

31Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we wont have to worry, he aint gonna be the manager.

32Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But you've been shouting about him for weeks Nat. Make your mind up. Are you for him or agin him?

33Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:24

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hmmmmm reading the comments from the swindon fans have shed some doubt across him. You cant argue with his win % to be fair. Out of curiosity does anyone know coyles win % at burnley or the scottish clubs?

34Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha changes her mind more than her boxers.

35Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a shame when little tid bits of exciting news come out like the OGS snippet. It means we'll all be completely and utterly pissed off when the real name comes out.

Mick and McCleish would be the absolute pits for me, and if i know Gartside I'm sure one of them has been on the phone. Reid? Phil Brown?

Just trying to get myself on a downer so I'm not too depressed.

36Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Swindon 2-0 down at home. Di Canio's mind on other things?

37Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:33

Or maybe he just isn't as good as you think he is.

38Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:Or maybe he just isn't as good as you think he is.

That had not crossed my mind. Shut up.

39Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:38

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JonnyRandom wrote:Hmmmmm reading the comments from the swindon fans have shed some doubt across him. You cant argue with his win % to be fair. Out of curiosity does anyone know coyles win % at burnley or the scottish clubs?

Just over 42% at Burnley and I would imagine it being a lot higher for the two Scottish clubs.

40Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! - Page 2 Empty Re: Paolo Di Canio For Bolton! Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:39

Natasha Whittam wrote:
OneOinCoyle wrote:Or maybe he just isn't as good as you think he is.

That had not crossed my mind. Shut up.

It's 2-2 now, he must be a genius.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum