Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Women only gyms...?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Women only gyms...?  Empty Women only gyms...? Sat Sep 25 2021, 15:00

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I watched an article where the woman argued that we live in a male dominated society. 

And, actually, I think we are all conditioned to accept this as a fact even today mostly because men hold more of the top jobs and more of the wealth than women.

However, most people living on the streets are men, most suicides are men, most people who die at war are men, most people in prison are men, the people who do worst in eduction are men, most victims of violent crimes are men. Many men are expected to be the sole breadwinner for their family. Most men lose custody of their children in a custody battle.

The mistake the woman made was to assume a tiny proportion of unusually successful men were representative of the entire western society.

A further mistake is to go from a starting point that an equal number of women strive to be in the highest positions in the first place, which they don't. I know of many, many women who prefer to be kept and have attached themselves to successful men.

Last edited by Biggie on Sun Sep 26 2021, 10:11; edited 1 time in total

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Women only gyms...?  Empty Re: Women only gyms...? Sat Sep 25 2021, 18:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do live in a male dominated society but that's not the same as "having it better" for all men.

3Women only gyms...?  Empty Re: Women only gyms...? Sat Sep 25 2021, 21:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

4Women only gyms...?  Empty Re: Women only gyms...? Sat Sep 25 2021, 23:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:We do live in a male dominated society but that's not the same as "having it better" for all men.
Are you not falling victim to the same lines that you have been fed and now believe. 

Who decides which measures are relevant when deciding if society is male dominated?

You can't only pluck out the figures that support the preconceived idea. i . e make dominance is proved by the fact that there are more men in top jobs but that the other factors like homelessness don't count.

5Women only gyms...?  Empty Re: Women only gyms...? Sun Sep 26 2021, 01:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:
Are you not falling victim to the same lines that you have been fed and now believe. 

Who decides which measures are relevant when deciding if society is male dominated?

You can't only pluck out the figures that support the preconceived idea. i . e make dominance is proved by the fact that there are more men in top jobs but that the other factors like homelessness don't count.
To "dominate" you really have to look at who is in the majority of positions of power in almost every walk of life. Just because it's mainly men in those positions doesn't mean that helps other men. Two different things that you are conflating.
As far as I understand it the woman correctly argued that men hold most of the top positions but didn't suggest that "all men have it better than women" - or did she? If she did she's an idiot.

6Women only gyms...?  Empty Re: Women only gyms...? Sun Sep 26 2021, 10:10

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I think it's a centrally held belief that men dominate, and when that is said, I don't think people are referring only to those top few men who hold positions of wealth or in business. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

What about women only gyms? Should they be allowed if men only clubs now have to accept women?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum