Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jimmy Phillips 2/1 fav to be manager

+5
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jimmy Phillips 2/1 fav to be manager Empty Jimmy Phillips 2/1 fav to be manager Mon Oct 15 2012, 15:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was just looking at the latest odds and Phillips is now hot fav to be manager. What do you think of this? I will be thoroughly disappointed if this is true. It seems somewhat crazy to give the job to someone with no experience.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman or Karl Robinson please.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If this is true il personally hire a hit-man to take gartside out...

It would prove we have no ambition whatsoever...

and we would also get a 'people who know football' type speech from him...

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok_Rebel wrote:If this is true il personally hire a hit-man to take gartside out...

I'll ask you again about Phillips if we win 5-0 on saturday. Very Happy

It could turn out to be like the guy at Reading who took over after their manager was sacked, he came in and well they got promoted under him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pretty sure a chimp could beat Bristol City at home, maybe even an Owen Coyle.

I fear a home win will start the Phillips/Lee campaign.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:If this is true il personally hire a hit-man to take gartside out...

I'll ask you again about Phillips if we win 5-0 on saturday. Very Happy

It could turn out to be like the guy at Reading who took over after their manager was sacked, he came in and well they got promoted under him.

im just thinking...

Sammy lee saga... again Neutral

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd rather they give the job to somebody that's unproven and cheap to sack, than somebody like McCarthy who we'd basically be stuck with if it didn't work out.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'd rather they give the job to somebody that's unproven and cheap to sack, than somebody like McCarthy who we'd basically be stuck with if when it didn't work out.

Wink

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Most managers get the sack, it's just a question of when.

Mick In!

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They are only bookies odds.

Like I stated on t'other thread, the word used was 'internal'.

Phillips? Lee? Darby? Question

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could be a canny move on a number of levels, however I'm concerned that if they promote internally, those players who have underperformed recently will not get the rocket a new-to-the-club manager would provide. They all know JP so I'm not confident they'd take his appointment as seriously.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd imagine Sammy lee would be the one giving the players a rocket up their backside, besides julian darby knows this league very well having been assistant with billy davies at forest for a number of years (getting them into the play-offs too).

Trying to think positive with OGS ruling himself out, none of the other candidates really fill me with hope.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've given up worrying about it. We know, deep down, that we will get the cheapest, (and least experienced), manager, and if that means from within the club, then so be it. Bit by bit, the names are being sifted with the 'bigger' ones melting into the background. No change to the process, ot the fat wanker driving it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum