Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips?

+17
gloswhite
scottjames30
chipbutty
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
Whitesince63
JAH
josh31
observer
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
carrs
bwfc71
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

How would you feel if Jimmy Phillips replaced Freeman?

Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips? Vote_lcap14%Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips? Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips? Vote_lcap59%Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips? Vote_rcap 59% [ 17 ]
Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips? Vote_lcap17%Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips? Vote_rcap 17% [ 5 ]
Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips? Vote_lcap10%Would you be happy with Jimmy Phillips? Vote_rcap 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've no idea what the appeal of Jimmy Phillips is, but as I've heard his name mentioned a fair bit today, I thought I'd ask the question.

So, Dougie gets fired on Monday, Phillips replaces him in time for the Bournemouth game. Are you satisfied?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd give him a go until the end of the season with Sammy Lee, they looked to try and change the dynamic of the way we played when they took over last year so maybe given a bit more time it could work.

I'm not saying it would be the answer but after watching that shambles of a display today I refuse to believe he could do much worse.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Voted for the second option but I think it would be unfair to expect him to get instant results because three of our next four games are away.
Still think he couldn't do any worse.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Went for the 3rd option simply because if we change our manager we will still have the same inept useless lazy feckers as players who actually no longer give a shit. Who in their right mind would lend players to us whilst we are in this state??? We couldn't get rid or bring in new blood until January of which by then with sacking Dougie and having to pay him off would mean there would be NO money to get players and we would have to sell just to even think about bringing in!!!

A this moment we are going to be damned if we do keep him and damned if we don't. Welcome back to the 1980s!

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Jimmy Jimmy anyday over Dougie. At least with Jimmy we could have a decent song to play when he comes out rather than a funeral march.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

carrs wrote:Jimmy Jimmy anyday over Dougie. At least with Jimmy we could have a decent song to play when he comes out rather than a funeral march.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a motivator, I've never seen a bunch of players put in so little effort.

Danns and Spearing were the only ones that looked arsed today.

I'd get Di Canio in, just to put a rocket up their arses.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ha i'd pay the season ticket price just to see Di Canio drag Eagles off the pitch if he put in a performance like he did agianst Sheff Wed. Laughing 

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you imagine if Di Canio had been manager today? I reckon he'd have pulled a massive strop on the touchline, ripped his suit off and come on in place of Ngog.

I reckon the Bolton fans would take to Di Canio - we know this bunch of ponces need a kick up the backside and he's the man to do it.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:I've no idea what the appeal of Jimmy Phillips is, but as I've heard his name mentioned a fair bit today, I thought I'd ask the question.

So, Dougie gets fired on Monday, Phillips replaces him in time for the Bournemouth game. Are you satisfied?
I'd give Jimmy a go, If we got relegated from the Championship, but this League is not for an inexperienced guy and it would be foolish and naive, by the club to take such a gamble.

If we do sack Dougie, Pulis or Holloway would be better choices imo.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Can you imagine if Di Canio had been manager today? I reckon he'd have pulled a massive strop on the touchline, ripped his suit off and come on in place of Ngog.
He would have subbed David Nogood after 30 minutes and then put him in a headlock on the touchline. God I hate David fooking Nogood!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't want Pulis 'cause the football would be dire. Holloway would at least get us playing the right way.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:He would have subbed David Nogood after 30 minutes and then put him in a headlock on the touchline. God I hate David fooking Nogood!
Ha, you are dead right.

I just don't get Ngog. He has done NOTHING his whole Bolton career yet first Coyle and now Dougie continue to pick him.

Craig Davies must have been a very naughty boy is all I can say.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he was in charge Ngog wouldn't even get close to the reebok stadium entrance on a match day.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I wouldn't want Pulis 'cause the football would be dire. Holloway would at least get us playing the right way.
I know what you mean about Pulis, but he'd sort this mess out big time. I'm pretty sure he's never had a club relegated since he's managed as well, which isn't to be sniffed at.

It depends on what Bolton fans want? Results and uglyish football or prettyish football and staying in the Championship, at best.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

At the moment we just need results, ugly football or not we just to grind out a couple of 1-0 wins and go from there.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I wouldn't want Pulis 'cause the football would be dire. Holloway would at least get us playing the right way.
I know what you mean about Pulis, but he'd sort this mess out big time. I'm pretty sure he's never had a club relegated since he's managed as well, which isn't to be sniffed at.

It depends on what Bolton fans want? Results and uglyish football or prettyish football and staying in the Championship, at best.
What makes you so sure Pulis would deliver results?
I don't know much about him pre Stoke, but he spent around £120m on players there, some of which he barely played, let alone sold on for a profit. He wouldn't get anything like that at Bolton. If he did, I'd expect us to be a better team than he made Stoke. He was detested there in the end, and not just because of the dire football.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:At the moment we just need results, ugly football or not we just to grind out a couple of 1-0 wins and go from there.
Please remind me.  What's a win?

josh31

David Ngog
David Ngog

I would love to see Jimmy purely from his interview after the Bristol city game, so passionate and Bolton through and through

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

What makes you so sure Pulis would deliver results?
I don't know much about him pre Stoke, but he spent around £120m on players there, some of which he barely played, let alone sold on for a profit. He wouldn't get anything like that at Bolton. If he did, I'd expect us to be a better team than he made Stoke. He was detested there in the end, and not just because of the dire football.
Pulis is a very experienced manager and even though he has spent around £120m on players(according to you) does this make him a bad manager? Allardyce has also spent a fortune at West Ham, but that doesn't mean he's a bad manager.

Some managers, are just better at motivating, tactics etc and Pulis wouldn't be a bad choice, far from it imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum