Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jimmy Phillips says Bolton in no rush to name new manager - AUDIO

+3
doffcocker
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Banksy's already posted about this on another thread but as our 'new' manager is saying this - rather than anything Iles or Nixon might be saying - then I think it should be accepted as nearer the truth as to what is happening and therefore deserve its own thread.

The link below gives a 3 minute BBC Manchester interview with Jiminiho!

Jimmy Phillips says Bolton are in no hurry to appoint a successor to Owen Coyle, who was sacked last week.

Academy chief Phillips, 46, will pick the Wanderers team to face Bristol City at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday.

He said: "[Chairman] Phil Gartside asked myself and Sammy Lee to take charge of first-team affairs and he's in no rush to appoint a new manager.

"The next manager is going to be a very important decision and it needs to be one that takes the club forward."

Phillips continued: "He recognised the good work that's gone on in the academy and I think he's looking for the club to have a first-team squad that is integrated with players from within, which I'm sure all Bolton fans would like to see.

"He's not in a rush to appoint anyone and, with myself, Sammy and Julian [Darby] taking over, he knows he's got people with the club at heart.

"The three of us all played for the club, myself and Julian are from Bolton and support the club, and we were both ball boys here."
When asked by BBC Radio Manchester if he wanted to take the managerial role on a permanent basis, Phillips said: "That's not a question I can answer at this moment in time.

"It's a results-driven business and it's not a question that can be answered now because we've got to see how we do in the games."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

if im honest, im kind of warming to the idea of JP and SL/JD assistants/coaches till the end of the season PROVIDED the results come...

if they get us back to the promised land, then revisit, my fear would be them managing in the prem.

the 3 of them do appear to really give a shit - I like that.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Instead of a duo/trio, I'd feel more comfortable with Jimmy Phillips in sole temporary charge. Him being the one calling all the shots would give us an idea of what he's capable of. We already what Sammy Lee is capable of and it rhymes with tuck call. If they do a good job together, they're just as much in the frame for the permanent job as one another.

P.S. I can't believe we're even talking about Sammy Lee getting a second chance to manager Bolton Wanderers. A large part of me has been killed by the very suggestion.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Instead of a duo/trio, I'd feel more comfortable with Jimmy Phillips in sole temporary charge. Him being the one calling all the shots would give us an idea of what he's capable of. We already what Sammy Lee is capable of and it rhymes with tuck call. If they do a good job together, they're just as much in the frame for the permanent job as one another.

P.S. I can't believe we're even talking about Sammy Lee getting a second chance to manager Bolton Wanderers. A large part of me has been killed by the very suggestion.

I think the Phillips calling the shots with little Sam chief coach is the set-up they have now if im honest...

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've just listened to some of Jimmys press conference and I was quite impressed with him, then again considering coyles interviews mr.bean could impress me.

He just seemed more professional in how he has gone about his business and how he and the staff have done their homework on Bristol city.

I'd give this current set up a shot for the next 3 games and assess it then.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well without knowing too much it seems he's done a good job at the academy. League leaders ahead of some notable teams.

mentioning that they want to see a few more youngsters in the squad also sounds good.

If we went down this route it might take time but may be successful who knows.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact is they'll be tried by results and only results. If they win a few and get appointed everybody is happy. If they improve the performances but don't get the results it will be in the balance. If the perfomances and results show no improvement then we'll be looking for someone with an average CV in management - because that's what we can attract and can afford.

So no doubt the club will be keeping thier eyes peeled for other managers, but in theory at least, the best thing for the club is for the three former players to do well and be given a shot.

It's a cost-effective solution that would ensure a smooth progression of academy players into the first team squad which will hopefully - at least in the medium term - allow us to progress as a club beyond our expectations on this budget.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

well, all the noises the BWFC players are making from the training ground seem positive - they are doing tactical work and analysing the opposition etc etc, the sports science approach is back, each player now has a tailored fitness and rehab plan...
the more I read about what they are doing, the more im coming round to the idea of installing sandy Stuart as manager with little Sam as his assistant - you cannot deny that little Sam is a shite manager but as a coach he has worked with the best, and lets face it... nobody except OGS as a potential manager excites me - mick the prick would be another megson.
obviously, this may be a little premature but I have a feeling that the 'new look' whites are going to totally tear Bristol Rovers a new ass hole tomorrow!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok_Rebel wrote:the more im coming round to the idea of installing sandy Stuart as manager with little Sam as his assistant

Typo?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

why the fuck did I say sandy stuart! Rolling Eyes

no, it wasnt a typo... just pure stupidity!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum