Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?!

+11
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
aaron_bwfc
Numpty 28723
Michael Bolton
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well according to NIXON we are.

Bolton owner Eddie Davies is ready to pick from a managerial short-list of Dougie Freedman, Mick McCarthy and... Graeme Souness.

Davies returns from a holiday in the Far East at the weekend and will sift through chairman Phil Gartside’s suggestions for the future of the Championship club.

The multi-millionaire backer will be home for Saturday's game against Bristol City, but there will be no appointment until he meets the next manager personally.

Davies wants to be sure about the sacked Owen Coyle’s successor and is keen to find the right man to protect his massive investment in the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder where Nixon is getting his info now?

2Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:26

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nixons making it up, I follow him on twitter and hes basically full of shit...

I think we all know who the next manager is going to be - Jimmy Philips.

He will cost us fuck all and, lets face it - its pretty obvious we dont want to pay somebody a proper 'managers wage' and that even if we did, nobody can be arsed with us.

if we really wanted OGS im sure we could get him if we made him a decent offer...

3Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well that's a shortlist from hell. The only way you could make it worse is to add Lee's name to it.

The story is probably nonsense but somehow I wouldn't be surprised if it reflected the "thinking" of Gartside. We know his ability to pick managers (BSA apart) is very limited.

4Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair play to Gartside, Souness is definitely the young manager we were promised.

5Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:40

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fair play to Gartside, Souness is definitely the young manager we were promised.

lol!

6Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon must be struggling for something to write about. Tomorrow we will be looking at Sven.

7Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:25

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know i said id be 'spitting with rage' if Little Sam got the job... however, given the current short-list (that to be frank,. scares the shit out of me)

Im grudgingly warming to the idea... of a JP with LSL as assistant setup.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It looks like Super Kev is happy with it as well, they are bring back the sports scientists, sounds to me like coyle was old school 'oranges at half time' style...

8Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are training twice a day now! I tend to agree with RR. Let's see if JP and LSL can give the board a headache. If we win comfortably against Bristol and they stay in charge, our run of games after that is very tough with Wolves and Boro away and Cardiff and Leicester at home. That's five games to show if they are up to the job.

9Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:37

The Whites skipper has been impressed by swift changes implemented at Euxton in the aftermath of Owen Coyle’s departure, which include double training sessions, the re-introduction of tailored fitness and rehab schedules, and more detailed video analysis of opponents.

What the hell did Coyle use to do at training?

10Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ping pong, carpet bowls...

11Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:46

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Darts was one of the favourites as well apparently. Phil Taylor even turned up at the training ground to 'train' with them one day too Neutral

they did occasionally have a game of 5-a-side when it wasn't raining or they were not hungover though...

12Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:57

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I know i said id be 'spitting with rage' if Little Sam got the job... however, given the current short-list (that to be frank,. scares the shit out of me)

Im grudgingly warming to the idea... of a JP with LSL as assistant setup.

Maybe that is Gartsides master plan! Tomorrow we will be linked with Kenny Dalglish, Brian Laws and Alex Mccleish, then everyone will think Jimmy Phillips would be an inspired choice.

13Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:15

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we appoint any of the following I will not support the club of go to any more games:

Sammy lee
Sourness
Appleton
McCarthy

What a shame Gary speed is no longer with us. I would hAve liked to see him as our boss!

14Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:16

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Darts was one of the favourites as well apparently. Phil Taylor even turned up at the training ground to 'train' with them one day too Neutral

they did occasionally have a game of 5-a-side when it wasn't raining or they were not hungover though...
Has anyone ever been down to Euxton to watch a training session? I think some clubs let you do that or is it all hush hush behind closed doors stuff unless you're a celebrity like "The Power"?

15Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Oh not Souness, the guy managed to turn a good liverpool side into one an aweful one in the matter of months and didn't exactly set the world alight at Blackburn.

16Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:26

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I dont think you can go and watch training, I got a far as the gates one day but security was tight, I did manage to get a picture though...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:32

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I dont think you can go and watch training, I got a far as the gates one day but security was tight, I did manage to get a picture though...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Laughing

18Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 13:17

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jimmy phillips has done well with the youth team so if he could turn that success to the first team then it wouldnt be too bad. Sammy lee is a good assistant and a good coach... Not a good manager. If phillips takes charge with lee as his assistant then it could work out and not something i would not be against giving it a go

19Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 13:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What was JP doing?

Was he the real young lads the under 18's or was he the reserves?

because the under 18's seem to be flying but the under 21/reserves appear to be awful.

20Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Empty Re: Bolton to turn to SOUNESS?!?! Wed Oct 17 2012, 13:30

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What was JP doing?

Was he the real young lads the under 18's or was he the reserves?

because the under 18's seem to be flying but the under 21/reserves appear to be awful.

John henry is the under 21s coach isnt he?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum