Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Wanderers could be without several players for Wycombe trip

+2
Norpig
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Wanderers could be without several players for Wycombe trip 12997416

Ian Evatt has revealed Wanderers could be without several players for Saturday’s clash with Wycombe.

The Whites will be looking to bounce back from Wednesday night’s FA Cup defeat against Stockport when they head to Adams Park.

But Evatt admits the squad has been hit hard by a combination of injuries and a non-Covid related illness.

“I don’t really want to reveal too much because we’re still in a place where there are lots of ifs, buts and maybes for the weekend,” said the Bolton boss.

“We have illness issues, we have injury issues but we’ll do the best we can to put the best and strongest team out on Saturday.”

MJ Williams missed Wednesday night’s trip to Stockport through illness but Evatt says the midfielder is showing positive signs.

However, the Bolton boss revealed Dapo Afolayan has also been affected and could miss Saturday’s trip to Adams Park.

He added: “(Williams) had some hot and cold sweats and a bad throat. He’s been back in today, feeling much better. Obviously the doc gave him some meds on Tuesday, which has helped him.

“Dapo was suffering yesterday but still wanted to put himself forward and play. He’s off today, we’re hopeful that he will be okay for the weekend.

“And there are two or three others who have been dealing with it. There is a lot of it going round, but as I said we aren’t going to make excuses.

“Last night was poor and inexcusable, but there is stuff going on behind the scenes that not everybody will understand.”

Evatt also gave an update on Andrew Tutte, who suffered a torn hamstring in a reserve game back in September.

The Bolton boss says Tutte is “ahead of schedule” but warned Wanderers fans not to expect him back anytime soon.

“It’s going okay,” he said. “He obviously had his operation which went really well. I think he’s ahead of schedule but we’re still quite a way away from having him back on the pitch.”

The Bolton boss also confirmed Josh Sheehan will have a scan on a knee injury which forced him off in the first half at Edgeley Park.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting his excuses in early, good work boss  Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Without Dapo were complete rubbish. 

May as well forfeit.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

“Last night was poor and inexcusable, but there is stuff going on behind the scenes that not everybody will understand.”

What's he going on about with this statement do we think?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I’ll bet that’s about Dapo’s January exit. I can’t believe that he’s happy playing in this league and there will be many clubs enquiring about him. Sarcevic leaving has been unsettling judging by our results since he went and we still don’t know why other than other player(s) may have been involved too.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Missing several key players?

At last, a bit of good news.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dapo could easily play for a top top team like Leeds. He's that good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum