Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We're not getting overconfident' - Ian Evatt on Wanderers' unbeaten run

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'We're not getting overconfident' - Ian Evatt on Wanderers' unbeaten run 13380955

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt is keeping his feet firmly on the ground despite his side’s recent unbeaten run.

The Whites have won six of their last seven matches following Saturday’s thrilling 3-2 victory at Oxford.

But Evatt insists they aren’t getting “overconfident” and refuses to look past Tuesday night’s clash with Burton.

“I just think if you look throughout the league, there are always strange results,” said the Bolton boss.

“Doncaster went to Sunderland and won, they went to MK (Dons) and won. It’s a challenging division and it throws different games at you.

“Funnily enough, Karl (Robinson) said to one of our staff on Saturday, ‘this isn’t League Two, it’s not like you can do the same as what you did last year’.

“We used that as motivation to our players and hopefully now we can go on an amazing run.

“But we’re not getting overconfident – there is lots of hard work to go, 15 big games, and we are going to do the best we can to get as close as we can.”

Evatt’s men sit 10th in the league table – eight points off the play-off places with 15 games still to go.

The Bolton boss is delighted with his side’s progress in recent weeks but admits they still have “a lot of time to make up”.

He added: “For now I think we should just enjoy the run that we’re on and enjoy some of our football and performances.

"We’ve suffered a bit this season and you have to enjoy these spells when they come because it’s not easy winning football matches, certainly not easy winning consistently at this level.

"So for now it’s just keep our focus, keep our minds on the job, keep working hard on the training ground when we can, and keep doing our visual learning with the video analysis that we can do.

"Then every game can throw up a different challenge and we have to pick the right team for the right challenge and that’s my job.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum