Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Morecambe

+8
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Whitesince63
Norpig
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Mon Aug 15 2022, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After Saturday's debacle at Burslem, we all need a performance and a result to raise the spirits and maybe it will happen on Tuesday?
With a loss and two draws to their name, the Shrimps lie near the bottom of the table and will be anxious to get their season going.

Some of their fans are optimistic...

Redalert 1970 wrote:Another tough game with cry baby Evatt moaning at every decision

Horwich 1 Morecambe 1 (hopefully)

CityShrimp wrote:Our first league win with a 2-1 victory over Bolton and a referee who will probably do all he can for them.

BerlinWaller wrote:They are doing their nut about yesterdays Ref after he sent off Evatt and Santos. He send Santos off in our home game with them last season so they think he has an agenda. Strange breed that lot. Be interesting to see who the Ref is on Tuesday after the backlash.

I think we will sneak a win with a Derekball masterclass and that some fans will be fuming because of our low Xg and possession percentage.

CrazeeNick wrote:1-2 away win for the Shrimps of course [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We owe Bolton one!

COYS

For us, nothing less than a win will do, especially with Wednesday - who look classy - coming to town at the weekend.

2 nil please.

2Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Mon Aug 15 2022, 14:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be watching this from my sofa on ifollow as i don't go to midweek games now but i can see us winning this and i also thought 2-0.

3Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Mon Aug 15 2022, 18:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we’ll give the Shrimps a tanning tomorrow. We look so much more dangerous up front this season so I don’t have any fears of us scraping through games as we did last year. Even if a few of our players are rested, we’re still strong enough to expect goals and I’m glad to say that this year they’re coming from all areas not just strikers. We have so many players who could score I don’t fear anyone this season, including Wednesday on Saturday but certainly not Morecambe tomorrow, especially with Stockton missing. A comfortable 3-0 to Wanderers.

4Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Mon Aug 15 2022, 20:46

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The Ipswich match, but more so the Vale match have actually given me a few doubts about how strong we really are. I think there are a couple of players who we would struggle without if they got injured. .. Like if Bradley, Dapo or Santos ended up out of action.

I thought we looked tired against Vale.

Although lusty mentioned the Brentford pressing masterclass, I disagree somewhat. They played an out of possession press, it's very different to what we usually try to do with a high tempo possession and press.

Onto this specific match.

Its a must win. Not because we need the points, but because its the kind of game that we would be ridiculous to lose.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

5Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 06:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Sheehan and Isgrove can be important players this season, says Evatt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ian Evatt is looking forward to seeing Josh Sheehan and Lloyd Isgrove back on the pitch after their respective injury frustrations.

The Wanderers pair are set to feature for the B Team as Matt Craddock’s side kick off the Central League campaign with a trip to Fleetwood Town tomorrow afternoon (KO 1pm).

Sheehan hasn’t featured since suffering a ruptured ACL injury in an FA Cup tie against Stockport County back in November.

Meanwhile, Isgrove has been out of action since re-injuring his hamstring in a Central League match against Fleetwood in March.

“I am really looking forward to having them back,” said Evatt. I think they can both be important players for us.

“Lloyd I think would make a pretty good wing-back. He could play left or right.

“And Josh, he was one of our best players last season before the injury so I am really excited to see him back.

“And the way we are playing at the moment, the system would really suit him. Another good option for us.

“Just speaking to Josh the last few weeks, he is super excited to be getting out there because he sees what we are doing.

“He sees how we are playing and he things he can have a real big impact on that. (I am) looking forward to seeing him play.”

When asked if it will be long before they are back in first-team action, the Bolton chief added: “No, I wouldn’t think it will be long at all.”

George Thomason is also set to take part for the B Team, having missed Saturday’s trip to Port Vale through suspension.

“It didn’t get rescinded, again strange. Especially given we have had cards rescinded that I believe to be closer to red cards than that one was – Marcus Maddison for instance," said Evatt.

“But I guess it is who is on the panel at the time and again it is subjective, it is an opinion, and we have to accept and respect that opinion as we always do.

“We will move on and get him back available for Aston Villa.”

Skipper Ricardo Santos will miss Tuesday night’s clash with Morecambe due to suspension following a controversial sending off against Port Vale.

“I think it’s important to say that Rico was really, really upset. I felt that he was played a little bit and I think he was on the rough end of a wrong decision,” the manager explained.

“He felt upset because of what had happened historically last season and felt it was personal. However we have to understand that it isn’t that and it’s just a decision and it happens.

“I think he’s a lot better today than what he was over the weekend as he was really upset, but he sees it for what it is now and we’ll move on - it’s as simple as that.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 11:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers' predicted line-up for Morecambe clash

Wanderers’ busy League One schedule continues as they welcome Morecambe to the UniBol tonight (KO 7:45pm).

The Whites enter the game on the back of a goalless draw against newly-promoted Port Vale despite playing nearly an hour with 10 men in the blazing heat.

Team news

Ricardo Santos and George Thomason are both unavailable due to suspension, having been sent off against Salford City and Port Vale respectively.

Dion Charles remains sidelined by a thigh strain but should be available for Saturday’s clash with Sheffield Wednesday.

Josh Sheehan and Lloyd Isgrove will both feature for the B Team against Fleetwood Town this afternoon after long-term absences.

Opposition lowdown

Morecambe brought in several new addition during the summer, including Connor Ripley, Donald Love and Ashley Hunter.

Derek Adams’ side have picked up two points from their opening three league matches this season.

The Shrimps enter the game on the back of a 1-1 draw against Fleetwood despite ex-Bolton midfielder Arthur Gnahoua’s first-half strike.

Head-to-head

Wanderers have faced Morecambe four times in their history and are yet to lose in the fixture, with a record of one win and three draws.

The points were shared at the UniBol last season, with Jon Dadi Bodvarsson cancelling out Cole Stockton’s opener.

1-1 was also the scoreline when the sides last met at the Mazuma Stadium, with Amadou Bakayoko scoring a dramatic late equaliser.

Predicted line-up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 11:46

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rumours that Cole Stockton was on his way to Fleetwood prompted this comment from one of those nice people on WW.

Stockton to Fleetwood?
Hardly the big move he was hankering for.

One poxy little wanky shitty seaside hovel full of cunts for another.

I played golf yesterday with a guy who'd moved to Morecambe Bay from Farnworth about 12 months ago. He wasn't thinking about moving back.

8Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 12:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still think Stockton would be a great signing for us, he'd score more than Bakayoko that's for sure.

9Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 13:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 14:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 14:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt is not particularly popular with the Morecambe fans...

Keith wrote:Evatt: “Unfortunately for Morecambe we have a magnificent squad of players and we can change it up and make sure we’re fully energised for Tuesday"

Unfortunately for Ian Evatt... regardless of the outcome, he'll still be Ian Evatt come Wednesday morning!

Lancaster Shrimp wrote:I personally hope we stuff them. Failing that. 1-0 us with a Delaney header in the 95th minute from an Arthur cross.

Meanwhile in Fleetwood, we've been marginally second best if Dan Barnes is to be believed although it remains scoreless. Isgrove has been lively, Sheehan less so - but the game is opening up with 30 mins to go.

12Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 14:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Morecambe Fanzone.

13Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 15:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Morecambe Fanzone.

Shouldn’t they all be holding fishing rods?

14Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 15:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Perhaps they're all wearing fishnets?

15Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 16:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Perhaps they're all wearing fishnets?
Haha! Very Happy

16Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 16:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Christ, if we can't beat The Shrimps at home, then Evans needs to go.

Nat's on holiday.

Just helping out.

17Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 16:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Christ, if we can't beat The Shrimps at home, then Evans needs to go.

Nat's on holiday.

Just helping out.
Even Nat's tipped us to win 4-0.

Failure would cause ructions.

18Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 18:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

19Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 19:17

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, I certainly wasn’t expecting that team and just exactly what does Sadlier have to do to get a start when Kachunga’s first choice? Think we might be needing changes much earlier than 60 minutes this time but you hope Evatt knows best so let’s hope so because no way can we afford to drop anything against this lot.

20Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 19:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we've played 3 games so no need for so many changes apart from Santos surely?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum