Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Morecambe

+8
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Whitesince63
Norpig
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 20:46

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well working ok so far and really well worked goal. Difficult with Morecambe defending so deeply but if we can just move the ball a bit more quickly forward I see more goals for us in the second half. Can’t see Morecambe creating anything so the games there for the taking.

22Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 20:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1 nil at HT but it's been hard work.

23Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 21:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute panic stations for the last 10 minutes but we saw the game out.
A win's a win but it was hardly convincing.
It would have helped if Baka had scored that sitter.

24Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 21:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

3 points, but it was a struggle against a team who will spend the season trying to remain in League One.

Still it's early days.

25Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 23:24

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

8 points from 4 games = Automatic form so nothing to moan about, made a few to many changes but job done, sets up the Wednesday game should be a big crowd. in Santos, Dapo and Charles we had our best three players out but still had enough. So looking forward to a big challenge come saturday.

26Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 23:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Workmanlike at best, but the type of game we usually mess up, so I'll take the three points and move on.

27Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 23:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goal -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 23:58

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bradley was the only attacking player who played well, it wasn't an exciting performance.Lee was poor in  midfield Morley and Dempsey not as good as v Wycombe.Kachunga and Bod didn't do enough up front although Kachunga did well for the goal.
The East Stand upper still has a noisy singing section to the left, they must be season ticket holders.The ground didn't seem to have 17.000 on but the queue to get off the car park suggested that crowd was about right.

29Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Tue Aug 16 2022, 23:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Workmanlike at best, but the type of game we usually mess up, so I'll take the three points and move on.
It's good that we got through it, but yet again we conceded good chances which on another day could have been converted notably Delaney's header that missed by inches. Point is we are more resilient than last season, but still dependent on an element of luck - and that means trouble sooner or later.
A lot of the doubt could be ameliorated if we were more free scoring but we're not quite good enough - or rather clinical enough.
Seems like we are a contender, but as things stand it looks like we're in for a far from smooth ride.

30Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Wed Aug 17 2022, 00:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Taking the three points - as others have said - we should not be trying to hang on for the last 15 minutes at home against a relegation favorite.
Too slow to cross the ball and pussy footing around on the edge of the box. 
Overall, a workmanlike performance - Onwards.

31Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Wed Aug 17 2022, 08:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We won but not a classic, we looked sloppy in possession especially in the first half. I thought Bradley looked good again and Aimson had his best game for us, but Declan John was poor, he'll be out of the team come Saturday.

32Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Wed Aug 17 2022, 08:30

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We still seem to fear shooting for me. When you have a crowded area like last night surely trying to,pass your way through doesn’t cut it. Both Kacha and Dempsey had good opportunities to shoot but pulled back and passed sideways instead. That’s where I prefer Sadlier to Kacha, he’s always ready to launch one and with either foot. Hopefully Dapo will be back in on Saturday to make a difference and whilst Aimson looked ok, it was only a Stockton less Morecambe and we need Rico back in against the Owls. Overall a good result against a poor side but what a miss by Baka who should have buried that.

33Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Wed Aug 17 2022, 08:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:We still seem to fear shooting for me. When you have a crowded area like last night surely trying to,pass your way through doesn’t cut it. Both Kacha and Dempsey had good opportunities to shoot but pulled back and passed sideways instead. That’s where I prefer Sadlier to Kacha, he’s always ready to launch one and with either foot. Hopefully Dapo will be back in on Saturday to make a difference and whilst Aimson looked ok, it was only a Stockton less Morecambe and we need Rico back in against the Owls. Overall a good result against a poor side but what a miss by Baka who should have buried that.
It was a poor miss by Baka. Even Andy O'Brien would have buried it.

34Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Wed Aug 17 2022, 09:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:We still seem to fear shooting for me. When you have a crowded area like last night surely trying to,pass your way through doesn’t cut it. Both Kacha and Dempsey had good opportunities to shoot but pulled back and passed sideways instead. That’s where I prefer Sadlier to Kacha, he’s always ready to launch one and with either foot. Hopefully Dapo will be back in on Saturday to make a difference and whilst Aimson looked ok, it was only a Stockton less Morecambe and we need Rico back in against the Owls. Overall a good result against a poor side but what a miss by Baka who should have buried that.
It was a poor miss by Baka. Even Andy O'Brien would have buried it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

35Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Wed Aug 17 2022, 10:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dempsey certainly wasn't scared of shooting - one well wide and two miles over the bar that I can remember. Baka knows he should have at least hit the target with the header - it was a great cross - and he was also guilty of a poor first touch with his back to goal so instead of getting it to stick he allowed the defenders to nip in and take it off him on several occasions - not his finest game by any means.
Bottom line is we need better quality - but let's not forget we're building back from financial oblivion, we can't push the boat out too far and there are definite signs of improvement with what we have got.

36Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Wed Aug 17 2022, 16:36

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was hoping that Stockton was absent because he was signing for Bolton this week.

37Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Fri Aug 19 2022, 08:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:I was hoping that Stockton was absent because he was signing for Bolton this week.

I wasn't but why would anyone think we could afford him?

38Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Fri Aug 19 2022, 09:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

I wasn't but why would anyone think we could afford him?
Give it a rest Bob Smile

Haven't you been poring over the accounts for months and still failed to come up with anything conclusive that says we can't?

39Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Fri Aug 19 2022, 09:33

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Give it a rest Bob Smile

Haven't you been poring over the accounts for months and still failed to come up with anything conclusive that says we can't?

Is that fake stupity or real stupidity on your part? I don't think I can say conclusively.

40Bolton 1-0 Morecambe - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Morecambe Fri Aug 19 2022, 10:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Is that fake stupity or real stupidity on your part? I don't think I can say conclusively.
I don't think you can say anything conclusively Bob Smile

It would require you to actually come to a conclusion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum