Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Evatt shares update on strike duo ahead of Pompey trip

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Evatt shares update on strike duo ahead of Pompey trip 16420336

Victor Adeboyejo is in contention for Tuesday night’s trip to Portsmouth, Ian Evatt has confirmed.

The forward scored his first Bolton goal during the 2-1 win against Port Vale at the weekend but was forced off with a knock.

Cameron Jerome has missed the last couple of matches and could also be absent from the squad at Fratton Park, but the experienced striker should be available for the weekend.

George Johnston is also nearing a return to training, while George Thomason is set to feature for the B Team against Huddersfield Reserves tomorrow afternoon.

The young midfielder hasn’t featured since suffering a knee injury during the 1-1 draw against Bristol Rovers back in December.

MJ Williams remains sidelined, while Jack Iredale and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson are both long-term absentees.

Wanderers have had a busy fixture list over the past month, and another big week lies ahead for Evatt’s men.

The Bolton boss said: “It has been pretty hectic. We knew really that this month could define our season, and I think so far we have had a pretty good one.

“We need to finish strongly, and we’ve got four more fixtures before a mini break and a refresh. It is still all to play for.”

He added: “I think (Portsmouth) will be different, it will be more technical.

“They obviously had a very good result on Saturday but perhaps Cheltenham were suffering from semi-final syndrome like we were, especially in the first half. They were blown away.

“We have had good success against back fours in recent times so we will have a look at them. I think they will play their way and we will play ours.

“We will see what the best team can do on the night and hopefully the best team will win the game.”

The Whites weren’t at their best over the weekend but managed to grind out the victory and secure another important three points.

“Now I have time to let it all sink in, think about things and also look at the other things in play, if you look at the other results from the semi-finalists, two got absolutely walloped and the other failed to win,” the manager explained.

“For us to manage to win the game is actually a pretty good achievement. I thought they were excellent. They have beaten Derby and Plymouth away, and I can see why.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum