Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Cambridge

+4
Whitesince63
Cajunboy
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Sun Apr 09 2023, 20:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An absolute must-win game as our rivals all have winnable home games on Saturday.

I've read people saying we should be resting players for this game as they're "fatigued" having recently played two games in 5 days. Fatigued? Fook off, I've run six marathons in an afternoon and by supper time I could run another six. Professional athletes shouldn't be tired after just 3 hours running out of 120 hours.

The best available team must start every game, you don't win anything for finishing 7th with a fully rested squad.

1-1, we'll probably find a way to fook it up.

2Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Sun Apr 09 2023, 20:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m going for a 2-1 win against them.

There will also be no Radio Nuts for this game as I’m making an afternoon of it!

3Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 08:24

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’m worried about this one. Firstly our defence is hugely weakened aerially and we know what Cambridge are like plus when do we ever do well in front of massive home crowds? I’m just hoping that whoever IE plays up top does the business at that end because we know they’ll park the bus and hope to hit us on the break constantly going down with sheethousery around our penalty area. We need an early goal to settle nerves and force them out. Despite all that I’m going 3-1 to Wanderers because I don’t think we can expect a clean sheet as we fortunately did at Exeter

4Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 12:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think the weather and the state of the pitch night be a big factor in the game today.

We know the pitch is in need of replacing in the summer and the forecast seems to be for a day of rain, so that may well have an impact on our style of tippy tappy possession passing football we like to play.

If we can deal with that we will win.

If we can't there may be a bad result for us coming up today.

Ever the optimist I'm going for a 1-0 win to us.

5Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 12:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I think the weather and the state of the pitch might be a big factor in the game today.

We know the pitch is in need of replacing in the summer and the forecast seems to be for a day of rain, so that may well have an impact on our style of tippy tappy possession passing football we like to play.

If we can deal with that we will win.

If we can't there may be a bad result for us coming up today.

Ever the optimist I'm going for a 1-0 win to us.
I have visions of mud wrestling going on now after this.

Let’s hope not! Very Happy

6Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 12:53

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Evatt said the Exeter game was seen as a potential banana skin but it's definitely this one for me. With Santos and Toal missing it's going to be a bumpy ride.

7Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 14:51

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

finlaymcdanger wrote:Evatt said the Exeter game was seen as a potential banana skin but it's definitely this one for me. With Santos and Toal missing it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Agree with that fin and that’s probably why IE has opted to start with two big guys up front who can then add that at the back from the corners and set pieces we will expect from Cambridge. Hopefully we’ll get a couple up so that Dion can come on for Jerome later and Cambridge are tiring.

8Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

9Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 17:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:The best available team must start every game, you don't win anything for finishing 7th with a fully rested squad.

1-1, we'll probably find a way to fook it up.

:like:

10Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 17:11

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And that's what happens when you piss about with the ball the entire first half. Nothing but backwards and sideways possession - to no purpose.
Shoretire can go back to manure for me and young George is not good enough. Johnson our MOM today.
Somebody needs to remind Ian that we are hanging on via goal difference.  Put the ball in the box for fooks sake.

11Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 18:01

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sickener!!!!!!!!

12Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 18:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fortunately not too much damage done with Derby and Pompey slipping up, still in the top six plus a game in hand so not all bad. It was pretty awful to be honest and I suppose a lot of that is down to Evatt making so many changes, I personally think unnecessarily. We just never moved the ball forward and worse still virtually ever player received the ball looking to go backwards. I hate it when they do that instead of taking the ball in stride and taking on the defence. It’s just so negative and we did it all the time until Morley and Lee came on and started challenging Cambridge resulting in our goal and very nearly a second. Had we done so it was game over but then we retreated into our shell again and gave Cambridge the initiative and it cost us. Hopefully Shortire has now proved he isn’t ready and sadly Victor that he just isn’t good enough at this level. So onto Oxford now and hopefully a return to a favoured team who will get the job done. One aside though, I actually thought Nlundulu looked handy when he came on and certainly better than Victor.

13Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 19:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute shitter of a game to be honest. The lads couldn’t string a pass together and when they could and should go on the attack they didn’t and passed backwards.

Second half started off the same until Evatt made some changes and brought Dion Charles on and Co.

Then we started getting more into it and got a goal. Cambridge then equalised then it was game over.

Not much else to say really!

14Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 19:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m pretty sure it was shoretire who stood out like a sore thumb. If it is him, after todays performance he should go back to his parent club as he’s shite!

15Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Mon Apr 10 2023, 22:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am seething. What an absolute load of absolute shite.

And, sadly, all too predictable.

The teamsheet was a joke. Did the manager realise there are only a handful of games left? Would any other manager have picked a weakened side for such a big game? You pick the best team available. "Fatigue" is just a tired old excuse that managers have been trotting out for years after a poor result. After a victory has a manager ever said "great result and great performance but I wish I'd rested half the team". Of course not.

But once I'd calmed down after seeing that team I thought there must be some method to the madness of leaving out your only goalscorer and replacing him with two big guys. Surely we were in for a barrage of crosses to take advantage of their height? Not a fooking one. All we got was the same tippy-tappy sideways shite we've seen far too much of this year.

But worst of all were the subs after we went 1-0 up. What the fook was Evans thinking? We're leading a tight game so he takes off the one holding midfielder we have and puts a "striker" in midfield in the form of Kachunga. I laughed out loud, I really did.

Mickey Mouse Cup aside we have been dreadful for almost 2 months now, and I can't see us getting much change from two away games at Oxford & Burton.

16Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Tue Apr 11 2023, 01:15

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Awful performance. 1st half as bad as anything this season. Don't know how Mbete has got himself onto City's books, he's absolutely useless. With 2 centre backs out injured to begin with, Evatt shouldn't be pissing around with squad rotation on that scale at this stage of the season. We've paid a heavy price for that totally wasted first 60 minutes today. Get your best players out there, secure the points and then bring the squaddies on.

17Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Cambridge Tue Apr 11 2023, 03:13

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The forwards were making runs but the ball would not come over the top or through the middle.
We will not cross the ball or even try to cross it. Nobody beats a man - instead the first thought in the players head is to pass it backwards. Unlike Dapo shall we say .... 
3 shots on target against a bottom feeder side - I am not taking any nonsense about fatigue and low blocking.
A few weeks back I predicted we would win the Pizza Bowl but flop in the playoffs, if we get that far. We have one league win in 5 attempts. That is not promotion form IMO 
Not being negative just realistic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum