Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd.

+6
Whitesince63
karlypants
wessy
terenceanne
Norpig
wanderlust
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Mon Jan 31 2022, 00:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tuesday night 8pm at the Unibol.

This is a game we need to win for many reasons but especially to consolidate on Saturday's glorious result and if we reproduce that level of effort and performance we have very chance of doing it.

Cambridge sit just 2 points and 2 places above us in 12th and with Accrington not having a game until Saturday we would get back into the top half of the table with a win.

Cambridge are no pushover and on their day can give anyone a game - and they have Wes Hoolahan who is always a danger pulling the strings and Joe Ironside up top.

Undefeated this year they have 5 wins and 3 draws in their last 8 games including knocking a full strength Newcastle United out of the FA Cup just 3 weeks ago and more recently drawing away at Rotherham so we need to respect them as they are much improved and on a run.

However, this is all about the BWFC performance because if we can hit those heights again we'll win. I'm going for 3-1 and working on the assumption that the players don't get cocky or need a packed house to perform.

COYWM!

2Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Mon Jan 31 2022, 11:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It might end up being after the Lord Mayors show after the way we played on Saturday but hopefully we can still get a win. Can't see another 6-0 but ill go with a 2-0 win.

3Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Mon Jan 31 2022, 11:24

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wonder if Ian will rotate some players. Now that we have plenty of options it might make sense. Of course, if he does do that and we lose the game he will be a villain again. With all the games coming in February he will have to IMO.

4Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Mon Jan 31 2022, 11:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Any win is good enough, they are in good form but so where Sunderland. Talk of Hoolahan sitting this one out, hopefully so.

5Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Mon Jan 31 2022, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Any win is good enough, they are in good form but so where Sunderland. Talk of Hoolahan sitting this one out, hopefully so.
Sunderland were on a bad run when they played us DLDW and their away form in particular was bad (they even lost 3 nil at Doncaster in December) so I expect this game to be a much harder test.
Hoolahan sitting it out is not so much to do with his age as them fielding a big, powerful side to bully us I reckon.
As you say Wessy, any win is good enough but I have a feeling Trafford's clean sheet record is under threat so we'd better be on it with the press and up front.
Expecting a proper midfield battle and hoping we don't get any injuries.

6Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Mon Jan 31 2022, 16:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 10:06

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Sunderland were on a bad run when they played us DLDW and their away form in particular was bad (they even lost 3 nil at Doncaster in December) so I expect this game to be a much harder test.
Hoolahan sitting it out is not so much to do with his age as them fielding a big, powerful side to bully us I reckon.
As you say Wessy, any win is good enough but I have a feeling Trafford's clean sheet record is under threat so we'd better be on it with the press and up front.
Expecting a proper midfield battle and hoping we don't get any injuries.
Not really a bad run they beat Portsmouth, drew with Wycombe and drew away, just the Lincoln result really, i agree we will obviously concede at some point, however we have much more in our locker and a proper finisher in Charles so as i say any win will do, if not don't lose and keep this run going.

8Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 11:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Back to business after all the excitement this week.  If I read the table correctly, we can move to 11th with a 2-0 win tonight. Every game is a cup final for us now.

9Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 11:20

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The only worry I have is that Evatt may have too many options. Obviously it’s good to have that but it can sometimes lead to tinkering and you don’t end up with a settled side. Fortunately though, most of the options are attacking options which we haven’t had for a long time so on the plus side, if somethings not working, Evatt has plenty ways he can change it. I do though hope that he doesn’t try to squeeze Lee out of midfield because for me he’s a class above anyone else we have both on and off the ball. As for Cambridge, yes they’re on a good run but I actually don’t fear anyone now with the squad we have and I expect another comfortable win tonight to really send home the message we’re coming back. 🤗

10Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 12:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Anyone else think the ice man somehow didn't really show much promise on his run outs? I cant put my finger on it, but just a feeling that he is j not going to beuch his for us...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

11Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Anyone else think the ice man somehow didn't really show much promise on his run outs? I cant put my finger on it, but just a feeling that he is j not going to beuch his for us...
If I understand what you're saying - and that ain't easy Smile - me. OK it's early doors but as far as front twos go, Charles is deservedly nailed on, Dapo seems a better option as his partner and I can't split Bogvarsson and Baka at the moment for third choice. Early doors.

12Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 13:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:The only worry I have is that Evatt may have too many options. Obviously it’s good to have that but it can sometimes lead to tinkering and you don’t end up with a settled side. Fortunately though, most of the options are attacking options which we haven’t had for a long time so on the plus side, if somethings not working, Evatt has plenty ways he can change it. I do though hope that he doesn’t try to squeeze Lee out of midfield because for me he’s a class above anyone else we have both on and off the ball. As for Cambridge, yes they’re on a good run but I actually don’t fear anyone now with the squad we have and I expect another comfortable win tonight to really send home the message we’re coming back. 🤗
I have a number of concerns personally and having plenty of options isn't one of them.
Charles and Fossey have just about made themselves indispensible in the new system so injury to either would be a big blow.
After Saturday's performance I'm concerned that the players may get complacent against Cambridge - who I think are a bigger test than Sunderland given their style and physicality - and the lads may not react well if we go behind.
And whilst we're all fired up after Saturday's result and a decent window, losing tonight may set us back severely.

Obviously I'm hoping we achieve the effort and performance levels we had at the weekend and we have enough to put Cambridge away, but it's not guaranteed.

13Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 19:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

15Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 20:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-0 to the Wanderers! ::bwfcfan::

16Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 21:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 21:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 21:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

19Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 21:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers big ears!

20Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Utd. Tue Feb 01 2022, 22:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good solid win - bit nervy at times but we did a job on them. Fantastic effort from the lads and I just hope they have the stamina to keep it going throughout the heavy fixture list ahead.
Without Hoolahan, Cambridge didn't have the quality and unfortunate about Iredale as he was their best player until he went off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum