Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zaha - £5 million bid?

+3
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Zaha - £5 million bid? Fri Jan 27 2012, 17:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton wanderers have officially made an approach for Crystal Palace hot shot Wilfried Zaha Sky Sports understands.

Bolton are hoping to steal a march on their
rivals by making the first move for the 19-year-old and they have made
an approach to Palace for the winger.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Fri Jan 27 2012, 17:55

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sign him up, Coyle!

It's not going to happen. No

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Fri Jan 27 2012, 18:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I get the feeling we will be out priced on this one unless we made the approach once we knew how much the lad was going for.

4Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Fri Jan 27 2012, 19:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't say I have heard of him but the list of teams allegedly looking at him is quite substantial.

5Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Fri Jan 27 2012, 22:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NIXON says -

Bolton boss Owen Coyle has made a £5million bid for Crystal Palace’s brilliant young attacker Wilfried Zaha.

Coyle moved for Zaha after Palace lost their Carling Cup semi to Cardiff in midweek and wants to spend a chunk of the funds he has available from Cary Cahill's sale to Chelsea on the England Under-21 international.

The Scot hopes to beat potential rivals Newcastle and Stoke to Zaha, although Palace are looking for double what the Trotters have offered so far.

Bolton switched their search for new faces to Zaha after Tottenham dithered about selling Giovani Dos Santos, who is also attracting interest in Spain.

6Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Fri Jan 27 2012, 22:58

Don't know much about him to be honest. What side does he play?

7Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Fri Jan 27 2012, 23:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't know anything about him myself - youtube seems to show he's right footed - so I guess right wing?

8Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Sat Jan 28 2012, 18:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

One of the most highly rated players in the championship, whether we can wrap a deal up quickly without other clubs making a bigger offer and out bidding us, only time will tell.

Personally I think it's a media stunt by the board to look like we are trying to bring in the best up and coming talent.

9Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Sat Jan 28 2012, 19:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we aint gonna get him lol

10Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 02:28

Sluffy wrote:Don't know anything about him myself - youtube seems to show he's right footed - so I guess right wing?

He played on the left in the CC the other night. He looked decent, quick, tricky, and caused problems. Not the finished article by a long shot though.

11Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 11:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's now one of the top stories on BBC Sport if that makes anybody more hopeful. I know it did me!

12Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 11:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think there is something in it but this line always pops up when ever we try and sign anyone half decent: -

"But at the moment it looks as if we are a way apart in terms of valuation."

--------

Someone inside Palace has put on twitter: -

A verbal bid from Bolton was rejected and that it was "not even under consideration". #cpfc

"We never went public. They [Bolton] obviously want people to think they are doing something." #cpfc

13Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 12:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep, what a surprise.

The club with the player wants more than we want to pay!

Well, thats business.

14Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 12:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If a club wants 10million for a player and someone bids 5million, the club can't turn around and say ''well that's a surprise, they rejected the bid''

Coyle must really rate him to actually tout him in the media, he doesn't normally come out and be this outcoming with his targets even when we do bid for someone.

15Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 12:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

16Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 13:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks like it's a no then.

17Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 15:59

I just offered Crystal Palace £4 million for Zaha, he will fit right into my Thursday night 5-a side team, obviously it's been rejected but hey at least it looks like I'm trying to bring players in.

18Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 16:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wtf do they do it though?

I know it is about bargaining (if we are being serious that is) but if he IS that good we aren't going to get him for that price, particularly IF other clubs are really interested in him too.

So either offer something realistic, or don't bother at all - it's not like the boot hasn’t been on the other foot - what was it that Gartside twittered when Wenger bid about £4.53p for Cahill at the beginning of the season.

It all smacks of a PR stunt - which insults the intelligence of football fans everywhere.

19Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 17:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sluffy wrote:Wtf do they do it though?

-So either offer something realistic, or don't bother at all - it's not like the boot hasn’t been on the other foot what was it that Gartside twittered when Wenger bid about £4.53p for Cahill at the beginning of the season.

My thoughts exactly, what's the phrase ''if you can't take it, don't give it''

20Zaha - £5 million bid? Empty Re: Zaha - £5 million bid? Mon Jan 30 2012, 18:34

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

What is the benefit in even lodging the formal paperwork if preliminary indications are that you're so far away from agreeable terms? Why waste the ink?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum