Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV programmes that could have been hit films

+2
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I watched an episode of Cracker for the umpteenth time tonight where Robert Carlyle plays a Liverpool fan on a mission to murder 96 people, for reasons I'm sure you can speculate. Like most Crackers, it's a drama that's as good as many a film that's been released in cinemas across the world and been a critically acclaimed hit.

(The full episode is on youtube @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlvRLnCQqY , by the way!)

Can you think of any single dramas you've seen on the box that could have been huge hits at the cinema?

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think the one about Fred West would make a good film, it was one of the best i've seen lately. A bit like 10 Rillington Place.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I prefer TV programmes to films to be honest. More time for character and story development.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I remember watching a tv programme a few years back reinacting the canoe man who faked his death so his wife could claim life insurance and they moved to panama. I always thought that would have made a good film although like with all films based on real life events I think it would have to add more to it to be really great.

I remember an episode of Teletubbies when Po lost his favourite ball, it was gripping television that could have easily been transferred to the big screen.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I remember watching a tv programme a few years back reinacting the canoe man who faked his death so his wife could claim life insurance and they moved to panama. I always thought that would have made a good film although like with all films based on real life events I think it would have to add more to it to be really great.

Michael, you strike me as the type of guy who would fake his own death. Have you considered it?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I doubt anyone would notice if he did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum