Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV Programmes You Love That Got Cancelled

+10
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Mr Magoo
xmiles
Quent
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love American tv programmes, I watch virtually every American series going from the good stuff like Homeland, 24, Dexter & Law & Order, to the shite like Psych & Rookie Blue.

But I've noticed in recent times that a lot of American stuff, good and bad, gets cancelled after one series, sometimes two. Now I can understand the bad ones getting cancelled, but why cancel the good ones?

I loved Law & Order:LA but that got cancelled after one season. Criminal. Southland was fantastic but that got cancelled after two seasons (although it got picked up elsewhere for a third season).

And what about the crap that seems to get series after series? I put CSI in this category, utter bobbins. Ditto Bones, I hate that show.

What other shows got cancelled before their time, or went on too long?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freaks and Geeks is an example of an amazing show cut short.

CSI is/was apparently the most watched show in america, thats why it keeps getting picked up.

Top dramas like Six Feet Under and The Wire ended at the right time, at the top of their game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never heard of Freaks & Geeks, tell me about it.

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Shark is my favourite programme of all time, I absolutely loved this show. Cancelled after two series for some reason. James Woods was amazing, and with a cast of hotties it was essential viewing. Every day I check to see if they're going to resurrect it!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've never heard of Freaks & Geeks, tell me about it.

It's a high school comedy/drama set in the 80's from Judd Apatow.

TV Programmes You Love That Got Cancelled Freaksandgeeks

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quent wrote:Shark is my favourite programme of all time, I absolutely loved this show. Cancelled after two series for some reason. James Woods was amazing, and with a cast of hotties it was essential viewing. Every day I check to see if they're going to resurrect it!

Yep, Shark is ace. Missed it first time round but have been watching it on FX for the last few weeks.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I've never heard of Freaks & Geeks, tell me about it.

It's a high school comedy/drama set in the 80's from Judd Apatow.

I can get season 1 on DVD for around £32 on Amazon. I generally like the stuff you recommend so I'm going to buy it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha shut up don't do that.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha shut up don't do that.

I'm serious, I haven't got a lot to watch right now so I'll take your advice. You weren't wrong about Homeland.

i enjoyed terra nova on sky1 but i believe it's been cancelled.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i enjoyed terra nova on sky1 but i believe it's been cancelled.

Get real Jayne, Terra Nova was utter bobbins from start to finish. Never has so much money been spent on such a poor script.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i enjoyed terra nova on sky1 but i believe it's been cancelled.

That was so unbelievably awful. The first 10 minutes in "the future" were good but once they "went back" it was sooooooooooo bad.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha shut up don't do that.

I'm serious, I haven't got a lot to watch right now so I'll take your advice. You weren't wrong about Homeland.

I'm not having you come on here giving me shit when you don't like it. Watch it online don't buy the bloody dvd.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm not having you come on here giving me shit when you don't like it. Watch it online don't buy the bloody dvd.

I hate watching things online, I only do TV.

It's my choice, if you say it's good I'll trust your judgement. I won't give you anymore shit that I would normally, although you'll owe me £32 Very Happy

Bolton on Match of the Day.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Deadwood, although that did have 3 seasons.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Tales of the River bank.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

V - the new series. Just building up nicely to what would have been a great 3rd season - now that Diana was back (did her daughter kill her or not???) and Donovan came back (was he actually working for the CIA or some secret Government agency???) right at the end of season 2 - but it got cancelled!!!

Boomtown, a few years ago, was great. Seeing the same storyline from 4 different perspectives within the same episode - but common beginning and common end. Cancelled after 1 season.

Flashforward started off good, but halfway through it lost its way and I gave up on it. Was axed after 1 season - no surprise!

One that could go either way, which starts this autumn - all depending on the acting and storylines - is new Dallas (Channel 5 this autumn)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:V - the new series. Just building up nicely to what would have been a great 3rd season - now that Diana was back (did her daughter kill her or not???) and Donovan came back (was he actually working for the CIA or some secret Government agency???) right at the end of season 2 - but it got cancelled!!!

You bastard, I love V. You have just ruined my afternoon.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:V - the new series. Just building up nicely to what would have been a great 3rd season - now that Diana was back (did her daughter kill her or not???) and Donovan came back (was he actually working for the CIA or some secret Government agency???) right at the end of season 2 - but it got cancelled!!!

You bastard, I love V. You have just ruined my afternoon.

It finished last summer - only shown on SciFi/SyFy Channel

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum