Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

+3
Cajunboy
karlypants
Norpig
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Thu Jan 18 2024, 12:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to league football after the cup games and this looks like a tough one to me. They beat Portsmouth 3-0 recently (i know Portsmouth are having a bad patch but still a good result) so will be a hard game but one we should be looking to win if we want to get automatic promotion this year.

I'll stick my neck out and say a 2-1 away win for the Super Whites.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Precautionary pitch inspection this afternoon.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We cant afford to have another game postponed. It will lead to a real fixture pile up which could cost us promotion if we are having to play every few days for the rest of the season.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can’t see it being called off. It has hardly snowed again.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just realised Bolton are playing away tomorrow! :biggrin:

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do clubs not have undersoil heating any more? We had it at Burnden Park so even in the lower leagues we rarely had games called off.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Do clubs not have undersoil heating any more? We had it at Burnden Park so even in the lower leagues we rarely had games called off.

Leyton Orient don't according to here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sadly it looks very unlikely given the weather that this will be on. I wonder if it’s possible to act now and reschedule for Sunday as the weather looks to be relenting from tonight, being above freezing and extra mild on Sunday? It must be worth asking given our fixture situation.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Sadly it looks very unlikely given the weather that this will be on. I wonder if it’s possible to act now and reschedule for Sunday as the weather looks to be relenting from tonight, being above freezing and extra mild on Sunday? It must be worth asking given our fixture situation.
Nice idea, but that wouldn't be feasible. I reckon it'll go ahead. Fingers crossed.

10Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 11:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:Sadly it looks very unlikely given the weather that this will be on. I wonder if it’s possible to act now and reschedule for Sunday as the weather looks to be relenting from tonight, being above freezing and extra mild on Sunday? It must be worth asking given our fixture situation.
Nice idea, but that wouldn't be feasible. I reckon it'll go ahead. Fingers crossed.

What's wrong with just getting the orange ball out? Very Happy

11Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 11:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to love the orange ball on a snowy pitch but times have changed. You can't risk the current lot of overpaid prima-donna's going on to a frozen or snowy pitch, they might break their Alice bands  Very Happy

12Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 11:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Used to love the orange ball on a snowy pitch but times have changed. You can't risk the current lot of overpaid prima-donna's going on to a frozen or snowy pitch, they might break their Alice bands  Very Happy

The last time I remember going to watch Bolton when it had snowed was against Villa a few years back.

They used a yellow ball you could not see!

13Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 11:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

The last time I remember going to watch Bolton when it had snowed was against Villa a few years back.

They used a yellow ball you could not see!
I remember that game, that was in the Championship and Grealish spent most of the game rolling about in the snow  Very Happy

14Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 11:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
I remember that game, that was in the Championship and Grealish spent most of the game rolling about in the snow  Very Happy
I froze my balls off that day. ALF warmed me up.

15Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 11:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't mention ALF i'll get all nostalgic again  I love you

16Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 13:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brings back memories that. Couldn't see the goal at the time! Very Happy

17Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 16:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Games on!

18Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Fri Jan 19 2024, 17:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers

19Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Jan 20 2024, 14:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

20Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Jan 20 2024, 14:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum