Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

+3
Cajunboy
karlypants
Norpig
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Jan 20 2024, 17:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WTF was that?

22Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Jan 20 2024, 17:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A load of shit apparently. I gave up half way through and did something else instead of watching this wank.

23Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Jan 20 2024, 17:43

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Truth is we were never in it - One shot on target and a couple of Dion misses - that was it.
To be fair it was one of those games where the ball would not bounce our way - they got most of the second balls and rebounds etc. Bod gave another example of how to play center forward. Everyone working hard but just a lack of quality when needed.
To me we still need a left full/wingback. As for the current golden boy, George barely passed to a white shirt all day. Not sure why you take Dempsey off and leave him on.
Anyhow, our games in hand will be useless if we don't get points.

24Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Jan 20 2024, 17:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know I'm stating the obvious but unless they get their act together it is going to be the play-offs at best.

Yes, I know we have games in hand, but we haven't got those points in the bag yet.

We'll probably beat Cheltenham and then lose at Carlisle.

25Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Jan 20 2024, 23:19

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:Truth is we were never in it - One shot on target and a couple of Dion misses - that was it.
To be fair it was one of those games where the ball would not bounce our way - they got most of the second balls and rebounds etc. Bod gave another example of how to play center forward. Everyone working hard but just a lack of quality when needed.
To me we still need a left full/wingback. As for the current golden boy, George barely passed to a white shirt all day. Not sure why you take Dempsey off and leave him on.
Anyhow, our games in hand will be useless if we don't get points.
Thanks TA, for agreeing with me that it’s a LWB we need more than anything. None of our options are up to the job. Williams is lazy and can’t defend, Iredale is probably the best we’ve got but really not up to what we need if we’re to progress and Ashworth for me is just poor and needs to go back to the Baggies. I know we have an option on him but hopefully we won’t proceed with it, we need much better. In fact if we can’t find anyone I’d even bring back Declan John until the end of the season, problems or not.

26Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Jan 20 2024, 23:29

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They looked like they could have done without that FA Cup replay for Evatt’s CV.

27Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Jan 21 2024, 01:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:
Thanks TA, for agreeing with me that it’s a LWB we need more than anything. None of our options are up to the job. Williams is lazy and can’t defend, Iredale is probably the best we’ve got but really not up to what we need if we’re to progress and Ashworth for me is just poor and needs to go back to the Baggies. I know we have an option on him but hopefully we won’t proceed with it, we need much better. In fact if we can’t find anyone I’d even bring back Declan John until the end of the season, problems or not.
Another issue is that our wing backs can't beat a man and cross a ball.....such as a Dapo.....the result is that they have to turn the ball backwards and the guy behind then passes the ball square. Then by the time the ball circles back around the defense is back in shape. Unfortunately, Ian seems to not be a fan of traditional wingers, so I don't expect much of a change in those areas.

28Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 2 Empty Re: Leyton Orient 1-0 Bolton Wanderers Sun Jan 21 2024, 10:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
Another issue is that our wing backs can't beat a man and cross a ball.....such as a Dapo.....the result is that they have to turn the ball backwards and the guy behind then passes the ball square. Then by the time the ball circles back around the defense is back in shape. Unfortunately, Ian seems to not be a fan of traditional wingers, so I don't expect much of a change in those areas.
Mentioned this to my brother yesterday. It needs sorting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum